GUILTY FL - Sue Ellen Mims for trafficking 8yo daughter, Panama City, 2011

Bree0372

Prayers for Tripp ~ Team Boom
Reaction score
Woman Charged with Prostituting Her 8-year-old Daughter

The Panama City Police Department announces the arrest of Sue Ellen Mims, 33 years of age. Mims is being charged with one count of Selling A Minor For Prostitution.

The arrest comes after Mims reportedly offered her eight-year-old daughter to a male she did not know. Mims was in the 2000 block of Harrison Avenue and reportedly offered her daughter to the male for one hundred dollars. Mims also reportedly said her daughter would do anything the male wanted and would not tell anyone about it.

The male reported the incident and stated he does not know the woman or her daughter.

(snipped)

Right now the 8-year old girl is with family members.

(more at the link)

http://www.wmbb.com/story/16371146/woman-charged-with-prostituting-her-8-year-old-daughter

Mother Accused of Prostituting Daughter Speaks

Panama City - A Panama City woman is denying she tried to sell her eight year old daughter for sex to a total stranger.

(snipped - more at the link)

Mims says the man in the car was lying, that she never tried to sell her daughter to him for $100.

"You've never done anything like this before?" "No never never and I would never that is sick," said Mims.

"Have you ever had to prostitute?" "No, no. That is even more gross,” said Mims.

And as for the unidentified man who turned her in to the Panama City Police Department.

"You belong in jail instead of me. That's where you need to be, whoever you are," said Mims.

http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/Mother_Accused_of_Protuting_Daughter_Speaks_136112878.html

--------------------------------------------------------

BBM: How is prostituting herself more gross than prostituting her 8 y/o? :furious:

Mother Accused of Prostituting Daughter Speaks

Panama City - A Panama City woman is denying she tried to sell her eight year old daughter for sex to a total stranger.

(snipped - more at the link)

Mims says the man in the car was lying, that she never tried to sell her daughter to him for $100.

"You've never done anything like this before?" "No never never and I would never that is sick," said Mims.

"Have you ever had to prostitute?" "No, no. That is even more gross,” said Mims.

And as for the unidentified man who turned her in to the Panama City Police Department.

"You belong in jail instead of me. That's where you need to be, whoever you are," said Mims.

http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/Mother_Accused_of_Protuting_Daughter_Speaks_136112878.html

--------------------------------------------------------

BBM: How is prostituting herself more gross than prostituting her 8 y/o? :furious:

I agree I caught that too.

LOL look at the post by Karen at Dec 23, 2011 at 10:47 AM. She says the "doctor's office" is a pain management office.

There is also a post there that says he is the man who reported the incident and he is feeling harrassed. If he ever comes by here I want to thank him for what he did.

He did a lot. He didn't decide to take her up on her offer, he didn't just say no and drive on. He actually went to police, made the report and assisted in getting protection for this child. So for the Good Samaritan, I give a big thank you and a hug.

I agree I caught that too.

LOL look at the post by Karen at Dec 23, 2011 at 10:47 AM. She says the "doctor's office" is a pain management office.

There is also a post there that says he is the man who reported the incident and he is feeling harrassed. If he ever comes by here I want to thank him for what he did.

He did a lot. He didn't decide to take her up on her offer, he didn't just say no and drive on. He actually went to police, made the report and assisted in getting protection for this child. So for the Good Samaritan, I give a big thank you and a hug.

I agree! I said, "Thank you Lord for an honest man!" This child could have easily become another statistic. Rumor has it this doctor is an easy place to get pills and that's why she was there. The mom is supposedly still in jail and the child is with a relative. From what I understand, there is a no contact order in place.

There must have been some corroborating support for the man's story. Sure, any stranger could make up a story like that. But there has to be a reason that LE believed him. imoo

Look at her face. How many 33 year olds do you know that look as she does??
(picture in post #1) She's a drug addict and she's been one for a long time. IMO of course, but I have no doubt. Can't turn a trick herself anymore so she's selling her daughter for drug money. Piece of slime.
Nor would I believe anything that came out of her mouth.
I hope the relatives will keep the child safe now.

I would like to see her prior arrest record. I expect it would have drug charges, and possibly prostitution and/or solicitation.

My first thought is that possibly this person just had a grudge and reported something that was untrue, but I dug a little, and found:
The Department of Children and Families took custody of the girl, who police say had only the clothes on her back. The Gulf Coast Children's Advocacy Center -- an organization that provides necessary services for child abuse cases -- has been assisting.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/22/sue-ellen-mims-florida-emerald-coast_n_1165975.html

If the mother had nothing to send with her child, then yes, it is quite likely that her mother sold everything for drugs and then tried to sell her child as well.
Also found:
Mims claims she was here at Dr. Stringers office when a man in a red Mustang pulled up. She asked for a cigarette and that's when her daughter approached the vehicle talking to the man as well. She says the next thing she knew she was in handcuffs.

"I told her to stay away from it because it was really expensive and while we were waiting on the doctors, two detectives show up and they took us to the gulf coast advocacy center and they separated us and they don't tell me anything and take me to jail," said Mims.

Not buying that, and it shows where her mindset is...money. YOu don't tell your young child to stay away from a strange car with a starnge man in it because the car is expensive, you tell them to stay away for their safety. All MOO, but I believe that she did exactly what the man says she did.

I would like to see her prior arrest record. I expect it would have drug charges, and possibly prostitution and/or solicitation.

33 year old Sue Ellen Mims appeared in court Thursday for a bond hearing on the charge of selling a minor for prostitution. Mims has been previously charged with petty theft, making obscene phone calls, and aggravated assault, but she says she never tried to sell her child.

My first thought is that possibly this person just had a grudge and reported something that was untrue, but I dug a little, and found:
The Department of Children and Families took custody of the girl, who police say had only the clothes on her back. The Gulf Coast Children's Advocacy Center -- an organization that provides necessary services for child abuse cases -- has been assisting.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/22/sue-ellen-mims-florida-emerald-coast_n_1165975.html

If the mother had nothing to send with her child, then yes, it is quite likely that her mother sold everything for drugs and then tried to sell her child as well.
Also found:
Mims claims she was here at Dr. Stringers office when a man in a red Mustang pulled up. She asked for a cigarette and that's when her daughter approached the vehicle talking to the man as well. She says the next thing she knew she was in handcuffs.

"I told her to stay away from it because it was really expensive and while we were waiting on the doctors, two detectives show up and they took us to the gulf coast advocacy center and they separated us and they don't tell me anything and take me to jail," said Mims.

Not buying that, and it shows where her mindset is...money. YOu don't tell your young child to stay away from a strange car with a starnge man in it because the car is expensive, you tell them to stay away for their safety. All MOO, but I believe that she did exactly what the man says she did.

I agree. Just the fact that she thinks of the car as being 'expensive' is very telling. She was looking at the guy as a mark, imo.

Look at her face. How many 33 year olds do you know that look as she does??
(picture in post #1) She's a drug addict and she's been one for a long time. IMO of course, but I have no doubt. Can't turn a trick herself anymore so she's selling her daughter for drug money. Piece of slime.
Nor would I believe anything that came out of her mouth.
I hope the relatives will keep the child safe now.

i'm 54 soon to be 55 and i look younger than she does!! now THAT's bad

I looked up the doctor whose name is mentioned in the article. There are two doctors with this name at the same address on Harrison avenue (I am guessing they are related). Pain management is listed as one of the specialties. That info is on-line so "Karen" from another site who posted that the doctor is associated with "pain management" appears to be correct.

I looked up the doctor whose name is mentioned in the article. There are two doctors with this name at the same address on Harrison avenue (I am guessing they are related). Pain management is listed as one of the specialties. That info is on-line so "Karen" from another site who posted that the doctor is associated with "pain management" appears to be correct.

There are two Dr. Stringers (Douglas and Merle); they are brothers and are both Neurological Surgeons. One is likeable, one not-so-much. My Daddy used to see one of them for his back problems.

Here's the News Release posted on the Panama City Police Department's FB page (nothing new reported) on 21 Dec 2011:

The Panama City Police Department announces the arrest of Sue Ellen Mims, 33 years of age. Mims is being charged with one count of Selling A Minor For Prostitution. The arrest comes after Mims reportedly offered her eight-year-old daughter to a male she did not know. Mims was in the 2000 block of Harrison Avenue and reportedly offered her daughter to the male for one hundred dollars. Mims also reportedly said her daughter would do anything the male wanted and would not tell anyone about it. The male reported the incident and stated he does not know the woman or her daughter. The Department of Children and Families was notified and are involved with this case. Mims was arrested on December 21, 2011 at approximately 10:10 A. M.

If you need to report a non-emergency crime in Panama City please contact the Panama City Police Department at 850-872-3112 or on the web at www.panamacitypolice.com. If you have an emergency please dial 911. You can also report your tips to CrimeStoppers at 850-785-TIPS.

Prepared by: Sgt. Jeffrey L. Becker
Approved by: Captain Mark Aviles

https://www.facebook.com/notes/panama-city-police-department/news-release-12-20-11/10150465068432860

ETA:
Looked up her record on the Bay County Clerk's site and it shows she is still in the Bay County Jail.
https://court.baycoclerk.com/BenchmarkWeb2/CourtCase.aspx/Details/2516794

Aug-2001 Disorderly Conduct
Aug-2003 Battery
Feb-2009 Obscene Phone Calls
Mar-2011 Disorderly Conduct
Dec-2011 Petit Theft

And now the more recent charge regarding her daughter.

Yes, those are the two I looked up on-line. Pain management is listed as one of the specialties for both. I am guessing because people with spine problems have pain issues.

Scum of the earth. I hope she never gets to see her daughter again. Ever.

According to the court record, this person is scheduled to have her First Arraignment on 2/7/2012 at 8:30 AM with Judge Michael Overstreet.

I hope he throws the book at her. Lock up her butt and throw away the key.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back