1258 users online (268 members and 990 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    FLORIDA!
    Posts
    2,809

    FL - Woman Charged with Prostituting Her 8 y/o Daughter

    Woman Charged with Prostituting Her 8-year-old Daughter

    The Panama City Police Department announces the arrest of Sue Ellen Mims, 33 years of age. Mims is being charged with one count of Selling A Minor For Prostitution.

    The arrest comes after Mims reportedly offered her eight-year-old daughter to a male she did not know. Mims was in the 2000 block of Harrison Avenue and reportedly offered her daughter to the male for one hundred dollars. Mims also reportedly said her daughter would do anything the male wanted and would not tell anyone about it.

    The male reported the incident and stated he does not know the woman or her daughter.

    (snipped)

    Right now the 8-year old girl is with family members.

    (more at the link)

    http://www.wmbb.com/story/16371146/w...r-old-daughter
    This post is my opinion only unless supported with a link.

    WHERE IS SKY METALWALA?

    MISSING SINCE 6 NOVEMBER 2011 when his mother ALLEGEDLY left him in a locked car.
    She has been uncooperative with law enforcement and has seemingly moved on with her life.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    FLORIDA!
    Posts
    2,809
    Mother Accused of Prostituting Daughter Speaks

    Panama City - A Panama City woman is denying she tried to sell her eight year old daughter for sex to a total stranger.

    (snipped - more at the link)

    Mims says the man in the car was lying, that she never tried to sell her daughter to him for $100.

    "You've never done anything like this before?" "No never never and I would never that is sick," said Mims.

    "Have you ever had to prostitute?" "No, no. That is even more gross,” said Mims.

    And as for the unidentified man who turned her in to the Panama City Police Department.

    "You belong in jail instead of me. That's where you need to be, whoever you are," said Mims.

    http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/M...136112878.html


    --------------------------------------------------------

    BBM: How is prostituting herself more gross than prostituting her 8 y/o?
    This post is my opinion only unless supported with a link.

    WHERE IS SKY METALWALA?

    MISSING SINCE 6 NOVEMBER 2011 when his mother ALLEGEDLY left him in a locked car.
    She has been uncooperative with law enforcement and has seemingly moved on with her life.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Bree0372 View Post
    Mother Accused of Prostituting Daughter Speaks

    Panama City - A Panama City woman is denying she tried to sell her eight year old daughter for sex to a total stranger.

    (snipped - more at the link)

    Mims says the man in the car was lying, that she never tried to sell her daughter to him for $100.

    "You've never done anything like this before?" "No never never and I would never that is sick," said Mims.

    "Have you ever had to prostitute?" "No, no. That is even more gross,” said Mims.

    And as for the unidentified man who turned her in to the Panama City Police Department.

    "You belong in jail instead of me. That's where you need to be, whoever you are," said Mims.

    http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/M...136112878.html


    --------------------------------------------------------

    BBM: How is prostituting herself more gross than prostituting her 8 y/o?
    I agree I caught that too.

    LOL look at the post by Karen at Dec 23, 2011 at 10:47 AM. She says the "doctor's office" is a pain management office.

    There is also a post there that says he is the man who reported the incident and he is feeling harrassed. If he ever comes by here I want to thank him for what he did.

    He did a lot. He didn't decide to take her up on her offer, he didn't just say no and drive on. He actually went to police, made the report and assisted in getting protection for this child. So for the Good Samaritan, I give a big thank you and a hug.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

    Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


    "Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    FLORIDA!
    Posts
    2,809
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    I agree I caught that too.

    LOL look at the post by Karen at Dec 23, 2011 at 10:47 AM. She says the "doctor's office" is a pain management office.

    There is also a post there that says he is the man who reported the incident and he is feeling harrassed. If he ever comes by here I want to thank him for what he did.

    He did a lot. He didn't decide to take her up on her offer, he didn't just say no and drive on. He actually went to police, made the report and assisted in getting protection for this child. So for the Good Samaritan, I give a big thank you and a hug.
    I agree! I said, "Thank you Lord for an honest man!" This child could have easily become another statistic. Rumor has it this doctor is an easy place to get pills and that's why she was there. The mom is supposedly still in jail and the child is with a relative. From what I understand, there is a no contact order in place.
    This post is my opinion only unless supported with a link.

    WHERE IS SKY METALWALA?

    MISSING SINCE 6 NOVEMBER 2011 when his mother ALLEGEDLY left him in a locked car.
    She has been uncooperative with law enforcement and has seemingly moved on with her life.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    41,391
    There must have been some corroborating support for the man's story. Sure, any stranger could make up a story like that. But there has to be a reason that LE believed him. imoo
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    378
    Look at her face. How many 33 year olds do you know that look as she does??
    (picture in post #1) She's a drug addict and she's been one for a long time. IMO of course, but I have no doubt. Can't turn a trick herself anymore so she's selling her daughter for drug money. Piece of slime.
    Nor would I believe anything that came out of her mouth.
    I hope the relatives will keep the child safe now.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,094
    I would like to see her prior arrest record. I expect it would have drug charges, and possibly prostitution and/or solicitation.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Around here somewhere
    Posts
    12,690
    My first thought is that possibly this person just had a grudge and reported something that was untrue, but I dug a little, and found:
    The Department of Children and Families took custody of the girl, who police say had only the clothes on her back. The Gulf Coast Children's Advocacy Center -- an organization that provides necessary services for child abuse cases -- has been assisting.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1165975.html

    If the mother had nothing to send with her child, then yes, it is quite likely that her mother sold everything for drugs and then tried to sell her child as well.
    Also found:
    Mims claims she was here at Dr. Stringers office when a man in a red Mustang pulled up. She asked for a cigarette and that's when her daughter approached the vehicle talking to the man as well. She says the next thing she knew she was in handcuffs.

    "I told her to stay away from it because it was really expensive and while we were waiting on the doctors, two detectives show up and they took us to the gulf coast advocacy center and they separated us and they don't tell me anything and take me to jail," said Mims.
    http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/M...136112878.html

    Not buying that, and it shows where her mindset is...money. YOu don't tell your young child to stay away from a strange car with a starnge man in it because the car is expensive, you tell them to stay away for their safety. All MOO, but I believe that she did exactly what the man says she did.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Around here somewhere
    Posts
    12,690
    Quote Originally Posted by FLmom777 View Post
    I would like to see her prior arrest record. I expect it would have drug charges, and possibly prostitution and/or solicitation.
    33 year old Sue Ellen Mims appeared in court Thursday for a bond hearing on the charge of selling a minor for prostitution. Mims has been previously charged with petty theft, making obscene phone calls, and aggravated assault, but she says she never tried to sell her child.
    http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/M...136112878.html
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    41,391
    Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    My first thought is that possibly this person just had a grudge and reported something that was untrue, but I dug a little, and found:
    The Department of Children and Families took custody of the girl, who police say had only the clothes on her back. The Gulf Coast Children's Advocacy Center -- an organization that provides necessary services for child abuse cases -- has been assisting.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1165975.html

    If the mother had nothing to send with her child, then yes, it is quite likely that her mother sold everything for drugs and then tried to sell her child as well.
    Also found:
    Mims claims she was here at Dr. Stringers office when a man in a red Mustang pulled up. She asked for a cigarette and that's when her daughter approached the vehicle talking to the man as well. She says the next thing she knew she was in handcuffs.

    "I told her to stay away from it because it was really expensive and while we were waiting on the doctors, two detectives show up and they took us to the gulf coast advocacy center and they separated us and they don't tell me anything and take me to jail," said Mims.
    http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/M...136112878.html

    Not buying that, and it shows where her mindset is...money. YOu don't tell your young child to stay away from a strange car with a starnge man in it because the car is expensive, you tell them to stay away for their safety. All MOO, but I believe that she did exactly what the man says she did.
    I agree. Just the fact that she thinks of the car as being 'expensive' is very telling. She was looking at the guy as a mark, imo.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    north carolina
    Posts
    1,650
    Quote Originally Posted by MNlady View Post
    Look at her face. How many 33 year olds do you know that look as she does??
    (picture in post #1) She's a drug addict and she's been one for a long time. IMO of course, but I have no doubt. Can't turn a trick herself anymore so she's selling her daughter for drug money. Piece of slime.
    Nor would I believe anything that came out of her mouth.
    I hope the relatives will keep the child safe now.
    i'm 54 soon to be 55 and i look younger than she does!! now THAT's bad
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

    stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24,429
    I looked up the doctor whose name is mentioned in the article. There are two doctors with this name at the same address on Harrison avenue (I am guessing they are related). Pain management is listed as one of the specialties. That info is on-line so "Karen" from another site who posted that the doctor is associated with "pain management" appears to be correct.
    Just my opinion

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    FLORIDA!
    Posts
    2,809
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    I looked up the doctor whose name is mentioned in the article. There are two doctors with this name at the same address on Harrison avenue (I am guessing they are related). Pain management is listed as one of the specialties. That info is on-line so "Karen" from another site who posted that the doctor is associated with "pain management" appears to be correct.
    There are two Dr. Stringers (Douglas and Merle); they are brothers and are both Neurological Surgeons. One is likeable, one not-so-much. My Daddy used to see one of them for his back problems.

    Here's the News Release posted on the Panama City Police Department's FB page (nothing new reported) on 21 Dec 2011:

    The Panama City Police Department announces the arrest of Sue Ellen Mims, 33 years of age. Mims is being charged with one count of Selling A Minor For Prostitution. The arrest comes after Mims reportedly offered her eight-year-old daughter to a male she did not know. Mims was in the 2000 block of Harrison Avenue and reportedly offered her daughter to the male for one hundred dollars. Mims also reportedly said her daughter would do anything the male wanted and would not tell anyone about it. The male reported the incident and stated he does not know the woman or her daughter. The Department of Children and Families was notified and are involved with this case. Mims was arrested on December 21, 2011 at approximately 10:10 A. M.

    If you need to report a non-emergency crime in Panama City please contact the Panama City Police Department at 850-872-3112 or on the web at www.panamacitypolice.com. If you have an emergency please dial 911. You can also report your tips to CrimeStoppers at 850-785-TIPS.

    Prepared by: Sgt. Jeffrey L. Becker
    Approved by: Captain Mark Aviles

    https://www.facebook.com/notes/panam...50465068432860



    ETA:
    Looked up her record on the Bay County Clerk's site and it shows she is still in the Bay County Jail.
    https://court.baycoclerk.com/Benchma...etails/2516794

    Aug-2001 Disorderly Conduct
    Aug-2003 Battery
    Feb-2009 Obscene Phone Calls
    Mar-2011 Disorderly Conduct
    Dec-2011 Petit Theft

    And now the more recent charge regarding her daughter.
    This post is my opinion only unless supported with a link.

    WHERE IS SKY METALWALA?

    MISSING SINCE 6 NOVEMBER 2011 when his mother ALLEGEDLY left him in a locked car.
    She has been uncooperative with law enforcement and has seemingly moved on with her life.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24,429
    Yes, those are the two I looked up on-line. Pain management is listed as one of the specialties for both. I am guessing because people with spine problems have pain issues.
    Just my opinion

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,795
    Scum of the earth. I hope she never gets to see her daughter again. Ever.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. PA - Woman charged with burning daughter, locking her in cellar closet
    By Casshew in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-20-2014, 02:14 PM
  2. WA - Woman charged w/raping daughter's 15 y/o ex-bf
    By popsicle in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-29-2013, 10:33 AM
  3. OR - Man charged with prostituting 13 yr. old in four states
    By Missizzy in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 08:18 PM
  4. MO - Mom accused of prostituting daughter, 5
    By jnTexas in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 10:08 PM
  5. Woman accused of prostituting her daughter at age four
    By Casshew in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 08:55 AM