738 users online (103 members and 635 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WY - Michael Bender, 53, Casper, 17 Dec 2011

http://trib.com/news/local/casper/po...19ef42691.html

By JOSHUA WOLFSON Star-Tribune staff writer |
    Posted: Friday, December 23, 2011 9:00 pm

Police continue to search for a Casper man who hasnít been heard from since he left an Evansville sports bar last weekend.
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 03-06-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Casper Police continue search for missing Casper man

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/cas...9bb2963f4.html

Joshua Wolfson Casper Star-Tribune |
    Posted: Monday, December 26, 2011 10:28 am

CASPER, Wyo. -- Police continue to search for a Casper, Wyo., man who hasn't been heard from since he left an Evansville sports bar last weekend.

Missing Since December 17th, Mike Benderís Family Seeks Answers

http://k2radio.com/missing-since-dec...answers-video/

By: Brian Scott | 38 minutes ago

Mike Bender is 54, 6′ 1″, and weighs approximately 170 pounds Ė with blue eyes and brown hair. The family of Mike Bender has reported him missing, and is asking the public for assistance locating him. Bender was last seen at Taylorís Bar And Spirits in Evansville on Saturday, December 17.
    Video at link

Search for missing Casper man detailed, disappointing

http://trib.com/news/local/casper/se...15d075d60.html

By WILLIAM BROWNING Star-Tribune staff writer |
    Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:00 pm

It wasnít terribly cold.

But the wind was cutting as they gathered off Beverly Street, members of the Natrona County Community Emergency Response Team, each of them hatted and wearing coats, some in florescent yellow vests. It was 11 a.m. Thursday when they started looking for a man gone missing for 12 days.

Authorities plan to organize canine search team

http://trib.com/news/local/casper/au...9ec2ad925.html

By the Star-Tribune staff | Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2011 6:00 am

Authorities say they are planning to bring in search dogs to help look for a Casper man missing since the night of Dec. 17.

Police make final search for missing Casper man

http://trib.com/news/local/casper/po...ae012c6bb.html

By KELLY BYER Star-Tribune staff writer |
    Posted: Saturday, January 7, 2012 7:30 pm

A K-9 team that conducted a day-long search Saturday could not locate a Casper man who has been missing since the night of Dec. 17.

Family prays for Mitchell native missing in Wyoming

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/event/article/id/60923/

Published January 08, 2012, 11:39 PM

CASPER, Wyo. ó No trace has turned up of a Mitchell native who went missing last month

I came here to post the updated namus profile but summer_breeze beat me to it.

I am local to this case and haven't heard much of anything in the news or "in the wind" about it. After reading the namus profile my questions are: Who is the lady that Michael was with during the day he went missing and was she at the bar with him that night? What is her story?

I am also curious about if the river bank or areas around it have been searched or just the areas in between the bar and his home. Since Micheal was said to have been intoxicated I wonder if he lost his bearings and went towards the river. Portions of it would have been frozen but not completely solid.

I am going to have to do some drive-by's and get a better picture in my head of where this took place.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/stat...9344700b4.html

This is the area searched according to the above article:

"Fifth Street in Evansville south to the Rails-To-Trails walking path, and from the Virginian Motel to just past Wyoming Boulevard to the east"

I wonder why the open park by the Reshaw's Bridge and the river area in Evansville was not searched with the Cadaver dogs. There are also large gravel pits filled with water not very far from Taylor's bar.

If Mike had been disoriented or wanted to just "cool off" and get some air and space from the fight he had, he could have walked north instead of south. Curtis st going north leads straight to the open "park" area by the river as well as to a bridge that goes right over the river. If police are confident he is not south of the bar, then my next suggestion would be to scour the north of the bar area towards and along the river for clues. This seems like the next very logical place to be looking. Have neighbors been questioned along Curtis st? Maybe they saw or heard something on the night of Dec 17th.

Did Mike know anyone who was buried in the Veteran's cemetary? Would he have walked that direction to visit them for some quiet/cool down time? This would have meant a walk across the river bridge as well.

Photos of Key Places in Michael Benders Missing Case Taken 2/17/2012

Michael Bender has been missing for 2 months today

Taylor's Bar where he left walking on the night of December 17, 2011

View of railroad tracks facing west from Taylors bar/Curtis Street in Evansville, WY

Vegitation and Terrain by the river bank at Reshaw's bridge park open area NORTH of Taylors bar

More Vegitation and Terrain by the river bank at Reshaw's bride park open area looking SOUTH towards Taylor's Bar

POW Bridge that goes over the river NORTH of Taylors bar and eventually dead ends at the Veterans cemetary

North Platte River near Glenrock, WY (east of Casper, WY- downstream from where above bridge photo is taken)
    You can see how the river is frozen and ice near the banks and then clears up towards the middle. There are several islands along this river that easily get things hung up on them. We have found canoes, tents, etc... on the islands during the spring run off.

Another view of North Platte River in the winter of Wyoming

The Virginian Motel where Michael Bender was living at the time of his disappearance

After driving around the area that Michael Bender was last known to be seen in today I really strongly feel that an organized search should be done to the NORTH of Taylor's bar to at least the Veteran's cemetary and to the EAST of Taylor's bar at least to the Hat 6 Truck Stop area. According to articles about previous searches, it seems police feel he is not to the SOUTH or to the WEST of Taylor's. The place where the police did their last "final" search is a very big area but it is more or less "in" the city and not out in the open terrain. North and East of the bar has a lot of open areas that he could have walked in. There are also 2 RV storage facilities one west and one east of Taylor's bar. They are fenced and 1 has barbed wire, but I do wonder if he may have sought shelter in one of the campers. Many people wouldn't find him until Spring or early summer if this were the case as most people store their RV's here over the winter.

Just my
    Texas Equasearch would be WONDERFUL in this terrain

I hope some of Michael's family and friends come across Websleuths. There are so many great minds here that I know could help!

Praying for Michael & his family & friends that love him.

Thank You, Kai

Kai-
    I am responding to your post along with Mike's sister. We have discussed some of what you're referring to with law enforcement last month, and we understand that the search was expanded into most of the areas you are looking at. We feel that your "boots are on the ground" so to speak in the area and your intuitions may be helpful for us to understand the situation from afar. Like they say, pictures are worth a thousand words, and we appreciate what we are able to see in your posts.
    We get a strong sense of wrong-doing being a part of this case, and that Mike's body may be located somewhere out of town, but still within relatively close proximity to the Casper/Glenrock area. What do you think may be the easiest way to "get out of town" from the Taylor's Bar area??

Thank You

WY - Michael Bender, 53, Casper, 17 Dec 2011

Michael Bender has been missing since December 17, 2011 from Casper, Wyoming. He has a thread started in the Missing Persons Information and Support section of WS, but I would like to ask the help of all of you to donate your time and skill in sleuthing & discussing this case please. If you are one of the "map" people, I would kindly ask that you might help with mapping out some of the key places. Mike's family/friends has found websleuths and hopefully after verification they can help answer any questions we might have.

Thank you in advance for your time and kindness in helping out.

Link to other thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...michael+bender

Above Information Taken from his Namus profile- which has excellent details and information in it

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/13515/0/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast