Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    I hate to say it, but I feel like something is not right about this.
    ~*~ Justice for Caylee ~*~

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BaileyandBella For This Useful Post:

I just heard on TV news that the male who survived the fire with her was an "acquaintance" of Mrs. Badger.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to norest4thewicked For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by norest4thewicked View Post
    I just heard on TV news that the male who survived the fire with her was an "acquaintance" of Mrs. Badger.
    That has been known for a while now. He is a president of a construction company.
    "Madonna Badger, a prominent New York City advertising executive who bought the home last year for $1.7 million, escaped the blaze along with Michael Borcina, a friend and contractor who had been renovating the home."
    http://www.chron.com/local/article/3...ze-2425313.php
    Just my opinion

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

The contractor has a fb with pictures and comments that suggest he and Badger were more than friends. However, that really doesn't change the tragedy of the story. So sad.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lucky181 For This Useful Post:

An old home being renovated may not have had proper fire detection equipment or a sprinkler system. Just speculation, however it may have had an upstairs fireplace or something else including worn electrical wiring that caused most of the damage to that part of the dwelling, causing anyone up there to be trapped. It appears to be somewhat indicative of a fast moving fire or combustion from some type of accelerent rather than a smoldering cigarette, for example. Hopefully investigators can determine which room it started in, and what the cause was.

MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lucky181 View Post
    The contractor has a fb with pictures and comments that suggest he and Badger were more than friends. However, that really doesn't change the tragedy of the story. So sad.
    I don't know of many contractors doing renovation work at 5 am on Christmas morning. But it appears she has been separated from her husband for years. I bet the mother and the contractor were sleeping downstairs while the children and grandparents were sleeping upstairs and that's why the two of them made it out, and the children and grandparents haven't. Fire spreads "up."
    Just my opinion

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    An old home being renovated may not have had proper fire detection equipment or a sprinkler system. Just speculation, however it may have had an upstairs fireplace or something else including worn electrical wiring that caused most of the damage to that part of the dwelling, causing anyone up there to be trapped. It appears to be somewhat indicative of a fast moving fire or combustion from some type of accelerent rather than a smoldering cigarette, for example. Hopefully investigators can determine which room it started in, and what the cause was.

MOO
    I have never seen a private home having a sprinkler system. Now, maybe rich people normally have sprinkler systems. I don't know. I just never seen a private home with a sprinkler system. Since this was an old home I really doubt it had a sprinkler system. It might have had a fire alarm. But having a fire alarm doesn't guarantee one will get out in case of a fire. Fire spreads fast.
    Just my opinion

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    I have never seen a private home having a sprinkler system. Now, maybe rich people normally have sprinkler systems. I don't know. I just never seen a private home with a sprinkler system. Since this was an old home I really doubt it had a sprinkler system. It might have had a fire alarm. But having a fire alarm doesn't guarantee one will get out in case of a fire. Fire spreads fast.
    Agree. Hard to know now, however. What I am most curious about is the demolition being accomplished so quickly after the fire. Wouldn't most fires causing five deaths be investigated more thoroughly before the structure is completely demolished?

Rest in Peace

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

I believe that fires involving deaths must be investigated.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to norest4thewicked For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by norest4thewicked View Post
    I believe that fires involving deaths must be investigated.
    Besides the structure being completely unsafe to remain standing, the only other explanation I can think of at this point for the immediate demolition is something in the charred remains being discovered as the cause of the fire.

MOO
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    Agree. Hard to know now, however. What I am most curious about is the demolition being accomplished so quickly after the fire. Wouldn't most fires causing five deaths be investigated more thoroughly before the structure is completely demolished?

I also thought it had too be investigated first. Maybe it was too unsafe to even go in there to investigate, although I am not sure how they are going to determine the cause of the fire now that they demolished it.
    Just my opinion

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

They think it might have been a yule log in a bucket. Unfortunately people do all kind of things like that over the holidays (candles, tree lights, and apparently yule-logs in buckets) that could lead to fires. And sometimes they do. This is not the only fire reported right now that killed most of the family.

"They loaded the embers into a container and placed the still-smoldering remains inside a foyer before heading to bed."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/conn...#ixzz1hgK8HL2J
    Last edited by jjenny; 12-26-2011 at 07:29 PM.
    Just my opinion

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    They think it might have been a yule log in a bucket. Unfortunately people do all kind of things like that over the holidays (candles, tree lights, and apparently yule-logs in buckets) that could lead to fires. And sometimes they do. This is not the only fire reported right now that killed most of the family.

"They loaded the embers into a container and placed the still-smoldering remains inside a foyer before heading to bed."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/conn...#ixzz1hgK8HL2J
    I don't quite understand how smoldering embers placed in a container (unless it was a cardboard box or something) could start a fire. I've heated with wood for many years and don't quite understand this - does anyone else?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Trident For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I don't quite understand how smoldering embers placed in a container (unless it was a cardboard box or something) could start a fire. I've heated with wood for many years and don't quite understand this - does anyone else?
    Fireplace safety rules:

"Dispose of embers safely. Ashes need to be thoroughly dampened, cooled and stored in metal cans that are used solely for ash storage. The embers may be a day old and look as if they are out, but can still cause a fire. Do not discard hot ashes in a compost pile, paper bag, box or anything that is combustible."
    http://www.dulley.com/firepl/firepl02.shtml
    Last edited by jjenny; 12-26-2011 at 08:16 PM.
    Just my opinion

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

The house has been demolished already???
    ~*~ Justice for Caylee ~*~

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BaileyandBella For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast