AL AL - Cynthia Dykes, 17, Eufaula, 11 March 1987

smm31822

Reaction score
This is another murder that happened in the county in Alabama I grew up in. My mom is friends with Cynthia's mom and it has been really hard for her not knowing what happened to Cynthia.

It is mentioned in one of these links that "a friend of Cynthia's was tried but acquitted." This was her boyfriend at the time. It was rumored that they had been arguing, however, I really do not believe this guy did it. He lived in Georgia and had never lived in the area. Due to the area she was found in, I am convinced that it was a local who did this.

Cynthia had left work and on the way home, she had a flat tire on her car. It was found beside the road about 15 miles from where her car was found.

She was found on a dirt road off of one of the main highways that run through Barbour County. She was found face down and it appeared that she had been suffocated in the sand. She was found by a resident that lived on the dirt road the next morning when they were leaving for work.

There are rumors of who may have been responsible for this murder. I am not sure how much I can say on here since no other person has been charged.

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=8001220

http://*************.net/index.php?topic=2749.0

How incredibly frustrating for Cynthia's family.

smm, do you have any other details?

Do you know where she was last seen alive and who was the last person to see her? I presume that she was last seen alive at work? Where did she work? Was her car found on the expected route home?

Specifically where was her work, her house, the spot where her car was found and the spot where her body was found?

Cynthia worked in Eufaula, Alabama at one of the fast food restaurants. I can't remember if it was Burger King or McDonalds. Her car was found on Hwy 30 between Eufaula and Clayton, Al. This would have been the route that she would have taken home. There are no witnesses that I am aware of that saw her with anyone after she left work at around 9:00 pm.

I am going to work on a map of where she worked, where the car was found and where the body was found and post it on here.

I will say that there had been threats against Cynthia made by a member of her family. I am not going to say who right now. It is known that the next day this person was seen with scratches on his face and arms. He said that he got these working which in his line of work was possible.

I will get the map posted soon.

Here is the map:

Attachments

• cynthia dykes map.jpg
    cynthia dykes map.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 32
Thanks for the map.

One more location that would be helpful....where did she live? (I presume this is where she was headed?)

Hello, my name is Kristen Dykes. I am The daughter of Jamey Dykes, and Cindy was my aunt. I'm looking for any kind of information or help. My aunt was killed one year before I was born, but since her death my father has been more than a disaster. The whole family has since stopped speaking to my grandmother, and she still doesn't know who did this to her little girl. I'm begging for help, my grandmother is 73, and we just found out she has cancer. I would do anything in this world to make sure she knows what happened before it's to late. I have heard that there were several unsolved cases like my aunt Cindy's around 1988, and any information on her or anyone else would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, my name is Kristen Dykes. I am The daughter of Jamey Dykes, and Cindy was my aunt. I'm looking for any kind of information or help. My aunt was killed one year before I was born, but since her death my father has been more than a disaster. The whole family has since stopped speaking to my grandmother, and she still doesn't know who did this to her little girl. I'm begging for help, my grandmother is 73, and we just found out she has cancer. I would do anything in this world to make sure she knows what happened before it's to late. I have heard that there were several unsolved cases like my aunt Cindy's around 1988, and any information on her or anyone else would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Kristen. I have not been on here for a few years and just saw your post. My sister and I are actually starting a podcast about murders in Alabama and we plan on Cynthia being our first episode. I remember when this happened and my mom was good friends with Cynthia's mom. If you would like to contact me, we would love you and your family's input. Hope to hear from you soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back