Why did the WM3 do it?

AngelontheRiver

Reaction score
I'm interested in discussing theories of what actually motivated these three to commit the murders.

Well, according to the State, it was a cult ritual killing. Since everyone with any intelligence now realizes how bogus that motive is, the newest theory that I've heard is it was a "thrill kill." The big problem with that motive is that, generally speaking, thrill killers display their victims instead of trying to hide them. So, there is no motive for the WMFree to have done this crime - because they're innocent.

Well, according to the State, it was a cult ritual killing. Since everyone with any intelligence now realizes how bogus that motive is, the newest theory that I've heard is it was a "thrill kill." The big problem with that motive is that, generally speaking, thrill killers display their victims instead of trying to hide them. So, there is no motive for the WMFree to have done this crime - because they're innocent.

I understand that you believe they are innocent. That's your right. I don't want to debate that with you. I just wanted a thread to discuss why they did it. If you don't think they did it, you probably don't have such a theory.

I believe they did it because A) Damien Echols is bat***** crazy and wanted, in his own words, to feel what it was like to kill somebody (as evidenced by the defence's 500) and B) Jason Baldwin is an evil person and Jessie Miskelley was just a drunk, bored follower who went along with it. JMO of course.

Damien thought it'd be a good idea 'cause he's whacked and the others were too stupid/lacked the moral compass to even utter the word "no" to their deranged friend.

I think the only motive was that Damien wanted to 'experience' it.

Because they lost their temper with Stevie Branch, and the other two were witnesses to a horrible crime.

Oh no wait.... that would be the real motive for the crime, not the imaginary one. Sorry, I'm in the wrong thread.

I suspect so myself. Not Satan worship or whatever.

So I don't have a theory obviously since I think they are innocent... But I am curious about something. Nons belief that the WM3 are guilty hinges on Jessie's confession(s), because without that there is no evidence. Sooo my problem here is in Jessie's later confession he says the problems with his earlier confession was because he was trying to throw the police off... ok. Now in this confession where is he is saying he made stuff up to throw the police off and is now going to set the record straight, still included an esbat and a briefcase with the three boys pictures in it....and now the leading theory amongst nons is that it was a thrill kill, yet the later confession that nons now cling to disputes that by bringing in the satanic stuff and premeditation. So he is setting the record straight by telling more lies to throw the police off again I guess, or more likely he had no freakin idea what he was talking about.

I am not a "non" -I am a human being. I joined to discuss information about cases. I started this thread to discuss why they might have done it without constantly debating their guilt. Please stop. You are already doing that on every other thread.

It is likely they did delve into the occult. Damien obviously had an interest. But I don't think that it was the primary motivation.

I have realized that if his plan was to sacrifice three innocents and eighteen years for wealth and power- it worked. Gag.

I am not a "non" -I am a human being. I joined to discuss information about cases. I started this thread to discuss why they might have done it without constantly debating their guilt. Please stop. You are already doing that on every other thread.

Honestly I never said hey angelontheriver the non... nope I presented a question, and I'm sorry but I seriously doubt on what is a neutral ground such as Websleuths that you will be able to have the conversation your looking for since this issue is so divided. In other words any conversation you start here or anywhere aside from the Hoax board is going to lead to a debate of their innocence or guilt... that is the crux of the case. Please don't forget this is an open forum.

It is likely they did delve into the occult. Damien obviously had an interest. But I don't think that it was the primary motivation.

I have realized that if his plan was to sacrifice three innocents and eighteen years for wealth and power- it worked. Gag.

If anyone looks at the case files at Callahans they can see that he had an interest in demonology and satin worship before the murderers. I thought LE considered him a 'dabbler'. In his 500-mental health files it does document his family being very concerned about it and noted that he was homicidal and were afraid he would hurt someone.

I believe it was a thrill kill and I also believe that there was a reason that the boys were stripped naked and bound. As if they were not small enough for the WMGuilty to overpower. Some will argue that the boys were not raped because there is no DNA brought into the trial.

You have to remember that DNA was not done back then. The only one doing DNA after the trial was the defense. And I seriously doubt they would bring any incriminating evidence to light. The prosecution already had their verdict, so there was no need for them to continue.

Why else would the boys have been bound and stripped naked?

If anyone looks at the case files at Callahans they can see that he had an interest in demonology and satin worship before the murderers. I thought LE considered him a 'dabbler'. In his 500-mental health files it does document his family being very concerned about it and noted that he was homicidal and were afraid he would hurt someone.

I believe it was a thrill kill and I also believe that there was a reason that the boys were stripped naked and bound. As if they were not small enough for the WMGuilty to overpower. Some will argue that the boys were not raped because there is no DNA brought into the trial.

You have to remember that DNA was not done back then. The only one doing DNA after the trial was the defense. And I seriously doubt they would bring any incriminating evidence to light. The prosecution already had their verdict, so there was no need for them to continue.

Why else would the boys have been bound and stripped naked?

I agree. Damien was probably sexually abused himself. There is no other reason for the boys being stripped. I think Damien and Jason were totally trying to be as 'evil' as a couple of backwoods losers can be and Jessie was a stupid hanger on. He'd previously been in trouble for beating up a little girl.

I, too, believe that Damien was sexually abused - by Jerry Driver. However, I don't believe that the abuse was long standing. I believe that, for the most part, Damien resisted Driver's advances. However, Damien said that Driver often threatened to send his juveniles to jail if they didn't pleasure him. So, Damien wasn't the only one who suffered Driver's abuse.

Wow! This is a really great thread, because I too would love to hear a sane, rational reason as to WHY these boys would commit such a heinous crime? A prove-able conclusion that makes ANY sense backed up by more than Damien's mental health record and the fact that 2 young men were such SHEEP that they would follow his command?
After that, please put these 3 young men at the crime scene for me, please.. Thanks!

They were all three hoodlums. It was a matter of time before they went to jail for something. The telling thing about Echols is how he always plays the "poor me" card. Very manipulative.

Any explanation for their actions wouldn't be very rational because Damien was not rational. He was nuts.

They were all three hoodlums. It was a matter of time before they went to jail for something. The telling thing about Echols is how he always plays the "poor me" card. Very manipulative.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but after being on Death Row for a crime he didn't commit for over eighteen years, I think he has a right to complain of his treatment.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back