Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelontheRiver View Post
    It is likely they did delve into the occult. Damien obviously had an interest. But I don't think that it was the primary motivation.

I have realized that if his plan was to sacrifice three innocents and eighteen years for wealth and power- it worked. Gag.
    None of us can guess what motivated this crime. That's why prosecutors are never required to prove a motive. Since there is no physical evidence to follow, they had to believe the motive was satanism as that's what they were being told and there was proof at least from Damien. We all know others can be coerced into a crime.

Satanists usually kill babies as sacrifices and they mark the body with symbols so we let that motive go.

Seems thrill kill might be the only motive left. I don't think it was planned, it was spur of the moment but I beleive it's something Damien fantasized about.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cami For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by deelytful1 View Post
    Wow! This is a really great thread, because I too would love to hear a sane, rational reason as to WHY these boys would commit such a heinous crime? A prove-able conclusion that makes ANY sense backed up by more than Damien's mental health record and the fact that 2 young men were such SHEEP that they would follow his command?
    After that, please put these 3 young men at the crime scene for me, please.. Thanks!
    There is no sane, rational motive for murder so you won't ever get your answer.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cami For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AngelontheRiver View Post
    Thanks! First hello I've gotten. Luckily for me, I don't care as much about my feelings as I do the truth.<mosdsnip>.
    I'm sorry if you weren't welcomed properly, Angel. This case seems to raise everyone's temperature.

Welcome to WS! I hope you'll feel free to speak your mind, whether or not you and I agree.
    Last edited by JBean; 01-08-2012 at 12:25 PM. Reason: edit quoted post

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cami View Post
    ...Satanists usually kill babies as sacrifices and they mark the body with symbols so we let that motive go....
    Do you have a link for that? It's my understanding that the FBI has never been able to find evidence of ritual "Satanic" killings.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:

Welcome back, Nova. Long time no see!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Compassionate Reader For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by deelytful1 View Post
    Wow! This is a really great thread, because I too would love to hear a sane, rational reason as to WHY these boys would commit such a heinous crime? A prove-able conclusion that makes ANY sense backed up by more than Damien's mental health record and the fact that 2 young men were such SHEEP that they would follow his command?
    After that, please put these 3 young men at the crime scene for me, please.. Thanks!
    BBM
    Damien's frightening mental health assessment is more than enough. He is schizophrenic AND bipolar (both incurable mental health disorders). In addition at the time of the murders, Damien Echols was incompetently prescribed a medication (which his mom had just filled) that is contraindicated for those who are bipolar because it is well known to make bipolars extremely MANIC.

Damien has bizarre finger positioning and pill-rolling finger movements on the latest videos since his release. That is tardive dyskinesia. He is taking antipsychotic medications. (Spasibo tebe, Gospodi.)
    http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/gwoods.html

Pensfan
    verified psychiatric mental health nurse

WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS, ANGEL!!!!

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cami View Post
    None of us can guess what motivated this crime. That's why prosecutors are never required to prove a motive. Since there is no physical evidence to follow, they had to believe the motive was satanism as that's what they were being told and there was proof at least from Damien. We all know others can be coerced into a crime.

Satanists usually kill babies as sacrifices and they mark the body with symbols so we let that motive go.

Seems thrill kill might be the only motive left. I don't think it was planned, it was spur of the moment but I beleive it's something Damien fantasized about.
    Yet, Damien is not a Satanist. He is a Wiccan. John Mark Byers was a jewel cutter who had a knife with his own son's blood on it. Did they ever find a knife like that in Damien's possession?

There's more evidence that points to other people than there will ever be against the WM3.
    It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JBounds For This Useful Post:

No, they found that knife in the water behind Jason Baldwins mobile home.

There is quite a bit of evidence including their own confessions and Echols mental health history that convicted the three who later plead guilty.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UdbCrzy2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pensfan View Post
    BBM
    Damien's frightening mental health assessment is more than enough. He is schizophrenic AND bipolar (both incurable mental health disorders). In addition at the time of the murders, Damien Echols was incompetently prescribed a medication (which his mom had just filled) that is contraindicated for those who are bipolar because it is well known to make bipolars extremely MANIC.

Damien has bizarre finger positioning and pill-rolling finger movements on the latest videos since his release. That is tardive dyskinesia. He is taking antipsychotic medications. (Spasibo tebe, Gospodi.)
    http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/gwoods.html

Pensfan
    verified psychiatric mental health nurse

WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS, ANGEL!!!!
    Thank you! Good catch. I haven't seen the signs from the antipsychotics because I avoid looking at him.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AngelontheRiver For This Useful Post:

<modsnip>
    Honestly & respectfully, welcome to all New Webseluthers! This is a great place where we all have opinions, tons of experience & great insight, but we must play by the rules (carry them with me in my siggie). I love when we all have access to the same information but still don't see the same logic -- makes us human. Bullies are not allowed

Last edited by JBean; 01-08-2012 at 12:28 PM. Reason: remove comments that reference removed quoted post
    ~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to krimekat For This Useful Post:

Please note that George Woods' testimony was in February, 2001. There is no indication in that document or anything else that I have seen or read that Damien is on those medications, or any others, at the present time. In fact, at the August 19, 2011, hearing, he swore that he was on no drugs at all. Although, if I had been on Death Row, in almost total isolation, for over 18 years, I would be incoherent. The fact that Damien is articulate and well-spoken speaks highly, IMO, of his ability to overcome adversity.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Compassionate Reader For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by UdbCrzy2 View Post
    No, they found that knife in the water behind Jason Baldwins mobile home.

That knife was never forensically linked to the case or anyone connected to it. In fact, there is testimony in the Rule 37 abstracts (who said it escapes me, but it may have been Joseph Samuel Dwyer) that someone saw Jason's mom throw either that knife or one like it into the lake before the murders.

There is quite a bit of evidence including their own confessions and Echols mental health history that convicted the three who later plead guilty.
    No one "confessed" except Jessie and his stories are so error-filled as to be laughable. Echols mental health history, although making him a person of interest, is not sufficient evidence to convict him of these murders and, in fact, was not part of the evidence used in his trial. It was introduced by the defense during the punishment phase in an attempt to mitigate the sentence. It didn't work, so I guess it doesn't really prove that Echols was as mentally ill as some people seem to believe.

As to pleading "guilty," we all know about that Alford Plea and that, with that bogus "guilty" plea, they retained the right to maintain their innocence. Additionally, what kind of justice system would release three vicious child killers on time served it they really believed them to be guilty? It was all political, and most people recognize the stench for what it was - political expediency and CYA on the part of the State of Arkansas.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Compassionate Reader For This Useful Post:

I'm amazed I didn't follow this story when it happened. I wasn't that far away (StL in grad school). In any case, I came to this case about a year ago with an open mind & read everything & came to this conclusion:

Why did the W3M do it?

I couldn't come up with a plausible reason why 2 friends would coerce a "dumb kid" (nothing meant but just "that") who they didn't even hang with & out-of-the-blue "thrill kill" 3 little boys playing in the sewer (yeah, we did this as kids, too). Even if they were drinking or high, why would they do this?

We all did stupid things as teens: I was a goth & loved heavy metal, I read about the occult, and my parents thought I was possessed at one time & did pump me full of drugs for a while (80s). But I had loving parents that supported me through this (from what I gather, DE did not) and I am who I am today -- open-minded & non-judgmental (at least on the outside) to the extreme sometimes.

Motive is the reason why I believe the W3M didn't commit this crime. I believe the step-father is guilty of this crime, and I don't believe he did this by himself . . . IMHO only. (can you tell I am treading lightly?)

Again, the topic is Why did the W3M do it? To me nothing logically leads me to the W3M being guilty of this crime.

~ krimekat ~

++++++++++++

26. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to krimekat For This Useful Post:

krimekat,

Which step father? Well, technically there's only one step father since Mark adopted Chris. But, for my anal retentive mind, do you mean TH?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Compassionate Reader For This Useful Post:

Hobbs & his guitar playing buddy (he admitted to smoking meth -- that makes you do some crazy chit, now)
    ~ krimekat ~

++++++++++++

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to krimekat For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast