Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Why did the WM3 do it?

Quote Originally Posted by AngelontheRiver View Post
    What's stopping them?
    Personally, I believe that the State is stopping the flow of information, not the defense. But that's MOO.

With Pams coming up legal stuff with WMPD, they are hoping more can come out and the casae can be closed for the defense to then move on in their investigation.

In my opinion, the defense has nothing.

In my opinion, the defense has nothing.
    Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Compassionate Reader View Post
    Time will tell.
    I will be waiting and opining.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AngelontheRiver For This Useful Post:

I will be waiting and opining.
    As will I!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Compassionate Reader For This Useful Post:

I, too, am in this for justice. However, justice must extend to all involved - the parents of the three murdered children as well as the three falsely-imprisoned men and their families. They all deserve relief.

From what I've read about the whole tattoo situation, until he is licensed, Damien can only tattoo "X's." When he is licensed, he will be able to tattoo more intricate designs. The fact that he can make money doing so is called entrepreneurship and is one of the elements of the American Dream. If anyone is entitled to a small part of the American Dream, IMO it is Damien Echols who lost over eighteen years of his life to a miscarriage of justice.

As to Devil's Knot the movie, I for one would like to wait until it has been released before opining about it. In truth, it hasn't even been shot yet! There is no way that anyone can know what it will portray and how it will portray the subjects. The script isn't even finalized at this point. Also, we must remember that it will be a work of fiction, and therefore unlike the documentaries that have been and will be released.

i agree with you about the devil's knot movie - that's exactly why it made me wonder why DE spoke of it the way he did on his twitter account.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to news247 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by news247 View Post
    i agree with you about the devil's knot movie - that's exactly why it made me wonder why DE spoke of it the way he did on his twitter account.
    I don't twitter. Too many people's accounts are bogus. It's worse than Facebook!

SmoothOperator is online now Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    That quote from Damien is enough to send chills down my spine.
    Despite what some others are of the opinion of i can attest to having watched and heard him say the words and IMO they are even more chilling than just reading the words of the "boogeyman" quote...jmo, tho and to each their own..

This case will always have the line drawn in the sand and sadly there's no hope of that ever being resolved imo..if the three were innocent there'd be hope one day that the "real killers" would be arrested and stand trial..but IMO the real killers have already been arrested, stood trial, were all found guilty and to this day remain guilty of the murder of Steve, Michael, Chris.. there will never be resolution and it'll remain with the "real killers" out there somewhere in the wild blue yonder with Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldmans"real killer" as well.

Of course jmo and nada damn thing more
    The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SmoothOperator For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
    Despite what some others are of the opinion of i can attest to having watched and heard him say the words and IMO they are even more chilling than just reading the words of the "boogeyman" quote...jmo, tho and to each their own..

This case will always have the line drawn in the sand and sadly there's no hope of that ever being resolved imo..if the three were innocent there'd be hope one day that the "real killers" would be arrested and stand trial..but IMO the real killers have already been arrested, stood trial, were all found guilty and to this day remain guilty of the murder of Steve, Michael, Chris.. there will never be resolution and it'll remain with the "real killers" out there somewhere in the wild blue yonder with Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldmans"real killer" as well.

Unless you were present at the murders, it is impossible for you to know for sure that the three are guilty. As I'm sure you know, many innocent people plead guilty for a multitude of reasons. The three entered Alford Pleas because they didn't trust the State of Arkansas, which had unjustly imprisoned them for over eighteen years, to get it right at a new trial. IMO, that is totally understandable.

I'm hoping that the evidence showing the real killer will soon be released. Just as you are convinced of their guilt, I am convinced of their innocence. Of course, I can't be 100% sure as I wasn't present at the murders, either.

However, I have every reason for hope and every reason to believe that there is more to be revealed in this case - and I believe that what is yet to be revealed will convince all intelligent people of the innocence of Damien, Jason and Jessie and the guilt of the real killer of those three precious children, Stevie, Michael and Christopher. May they rest in peace, knowing that we will not rest until their killer pays for his crime. I anxiously await that day.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Compassionate Reader For This Useful Post:

That Boogeyman comment was so stupid and arrogant of him. I couldnt believe when he said that at the end of PL1. No, it doesnt make him a murderer. Sure doesnt make him look good either though.

I wish whoever has all this "major" evidence against the stepfather in question would come out. I wanna know what is there to accuse this man with beside a hair that could belong to 1 in every 10,000 people living in Arkansas. Neither stepfather are great people. The one in question has got some bad things he has done to people before. Still doesnt make him a murderer. I wish the mom who was married to this Stepfather would decide once and for all what she is going to believe instead of going back and forth and getting people riled up. Or just keep quiet about what she thinks. And i REALLY wish they could figure this stupid thing out and get the real killer or killers behind bars.
    Last edited by Aura; 07-10-2012 at 07:05 PM. Reason: edited curse word :)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Aura For This Useful Post:

I don't twitter. Too many people's accounts are bogus. It's worse than Facebook!

i firmly believe that it is DE's account - you should read it sometime; i think you would also agree that it's him.

ETA: there are 2 accounts - one is 'damien echols page' which i am NOT convinced it is him posting on it, and the other is simply, damien echols, which i believe to actually be his. IMO/

19. The Following User Says Thank You to news247 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by news247 View Post
    i firmly believe that it is DE's account - you should read it sometime; i think you would also agree that it's him.

ETA: there are 2 accounts - one is 'damien echols page' which i am NOT convinced it is him posting on it, and the other is simply, damien echols, which i believe to actually be his. IMO/
    I have no doubt that the one account is his and it's him doing the actually tweeting.

Compassionate Reader...you should check it out.You can keep up with what he is doing now in life.You do not have to have a twitter account to read it either.He posts pictures as well.

there is also a trailer of west memphis 3, and a couple of minutes of DE reading from his new book (while making the audio verson).

I'll try to look at it. That's all I can promise. Right now I've got several irons in the fire (not case related) and seem to have less time for the Internet. Hopefully, when everything is cleared up (next week, I hope), I'll have more time for that.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post

The "boogeyman" quote was taken out of context, sliced and diced by the producers. Here are Damien's thoughts leading up to that statement. It puts things in an entirely different perspective. JMO

http://video.vulture.com/video/Vultu...2N7M&t=Vulture
    Exclusive: 'Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory' - Lost Footage
    "IT TAKES A LOT BIGGER MAN TO STAND UP AND ADMIT HIS MISTAKES THAN TO HIDE BEHIND A LIE"
    WHY WON'T ANYONE STAND UP FOR HALEIGH??!! WHY?? TELL THE TRUTH!!
    HALEIGH DESERVES IT!!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twall For This Useful Post:

^ Not many people would bother to find that themselves, it's easier to have an opinion than facts as it seems.

well done for steering people that seem to be uneducated and or ignorant.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gheckso For This Useful Post:

Wow, so sorry we are ignorant for thinking something about a comment. You have no idea how educated or uneducated people here are, so to make that uneducated and or ignorant comment was uncalled for.

We are allowed to think things for ourselves.

The link with the lost footage didnt have the comment of him thinking it would be 'cool cause then he will be known as the boogeyman, when kids go to sleep they will be looking under their beds for him'. It was his talking before hand, so it still puts the whole comment not in the right context either. You cant take back what he said. It is as plain as day on PL1.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aura For This Useful Post:

Come on Aura, I think there's no doubt that PL1 was edited in various ways which didn't show any of the protaganists accurately. Showing the comments Damien made just before and after the boogeyman comment is relevant and does show the context.

The same complaint can be made about others in the film too - most horribly, Michael's family gave the film makers home video footage of their son, but all you see in PL1 is the awful crime scene footage of his corpse. While I respect Berlinger and Sinofsky for drawing attention to an important case, I don't like them for that.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cappuccino For This Useful Post:

Oh I agree with you, I do not and did not like how in each PL, they had to show the crime scene photos, and the bodies of these children. That was horrible.

The context for the boogeyman comment, I can see how he was saying the stuff in the clip provided by Twall. But it didnt have the boogeyman comment in that video. But I dont see how the producers edited the film to make it seem like he said something that he didnt. It is plain, he says, 'I kinda like it, Ill be known as the West Memphis boogeyman for this.' I agree it couldve been edited to make it seem out of context... but I dont see how that comment couldve been something else before it.. Why would he say, 'I kinda like it' Do you think there couldve been something else he said after the 'it' that wasnt 'I kinda like it now I will be known as the boogeyman'?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Aura For This Useful Post:

Without seeing the unedited footage there's no way of knowing, but in general I would be skeptical of a clip from a movie. Especially when people on both sides of the debate have complained that the same movie misrepresented them.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Cappuccino For This Useful Post:

I'll try to look at it. That's all I can promise. Right now I've got several irons in the fire (not case related) and seem to have less time for the Internet. Hopefully, when everything is cleared up (next week, I hope), I'll have more time for that.

i realize we are on opposite sides on this case - but, seriously, i really feel that you will enjoy DE's twitter account - not guilty or innocent or anything like that at all - just reading what he and lorri (sp?) are up to, comments from his book, several trailers (1 of the peter jackson movie/doc, and several of DE reading from his new book). given your interest in the case (i have one as well!), i just thought you might enjoy it.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to news247 For This Useful Post:

whether it is the real Damien or not I follow and love his twitter feed.he always stayed true to himself.And there is NO way,No way in a million years I could imagine someone who loves poetry,art,magick to be involved in something evil.it takes a savage to do evil.
    "What do I want to grow? Stability,and continued healing. What do I want to banish? Trauma."

38. The Following User Says Thank You to claudicici For This Useful Post:

Well this is just a guess but maybe he was "kinda liking the idea of being remembered" not so much the idea of being the "boogeyman". Obviously being remembered for a horrible crime is not something to be admired.
    Maybe he would still be thinking all this would be over soon and that it's all just a big mistake, so perhaps looking lightly on a (in hindsight) really bad situation.
    Just trying to think like a 16 year old again...

40. The Following User Says Thank You to gheckso For This Useful Post:

Well this is just a guess but maybe he was "kinda liking the idea of being remembered" not so much the idea of being the "boogeyman". Obviously being remembered for a horrible crime is not something to be admired.
    I do think Damien said the comment because he liked the idea of being remembered. He says before that comment he kinda likes it cause he will be remembered. Damien even said a few years later that was a stupid comment he made when he was still mad. I do not think the comment made him a murderer, just arrogant and stupid. What I dont like is some people have their opinions about this case, and they think that theirs is the right one, and everyone else is just ignorant or stupid.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Aura For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast