Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Helenstreet View Post
    It's possible that April's killer was MP, but he would have been only 16 years old at the time; the crime occurred in 1988.
    it was a teenaged boy that found the writing on the barn but what are the chances? very slim i would think.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Victory For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Boss 302 View Post
    Is this the same guy, If it is, he is from Hicksville, OH. Hang on for the rest, that is just across the line from Ft. Wayne.
    OHIO so close, any unsolved there in that area?
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Texas View Post
    Apologies in advance for length!

I have seen posts and comments from folks following this case discussing people who live in poverty. They have mentioned the hoarding, the overcrowding, the dirt, the deadbeats and the moving, the drugs, the lack of ambition and general indifference. We all know these leaches exist right? The welfare entitlement class, sitting on their butts, filthy kids in second-hand clothes playing in the broken glass and weeds, parents squatting out more children and smoking crack, their greasy hands held out demanding more freebees from the productive god-fearing people of this great nation.

Right?

Wrong. It’s self-congratulatory meritocracy bulls*** based on a whole bunch of false premises, a lack of objective reason, and fear. But let’s begin this with a few simple facts.

In the 50’s and 60’s and 70’s times were pretty good. If you went to work and kept your nose clean, college or not you could easily build a good life for yourself. Hell, one parent could work and support the entire family, not as some executive, but just working in one of our nation’s many factories. The largest employer in America was General Motors. The rest of the top ten consisted mostly of major manufacturers, all paying solid middle and upper middle class salaries to the men and women working on the line. They had healthcare, retirement, holidays, bonuses, you name it.

Today, America’s largest employer, employing about 1.5 million Americans, is Walmart. With an average pay of almost $9 per hour and some benefits, millions of American’s considered them a pretty decent place to work. Number two is McDonalds, not employing high-school kids looking for money to buy a car, but adults desperate for anything to support their families. Rounding out the top ten are companies like Home Depot, Lowes, Target. All pay as close to minimum wage and the fewest benefits they can. This is the new economy, the minimum wage and falling economy.

Approximately one-half the country lives in or near poverty. The vast majority of them work. One out of every four children went to bed hungry last night. Almost two million children, many of them with working parents, are homeless -- they are living in their parent’s car, the local shelter, or on a family-friend’s floor.

Officially, the unemployment rate is hovering at about 9%. This is a measure of people who do not have a job and are actively looking. The broader U6 rating, which includes some of the underemployed, is hovering at just under 20%. Essentially, one in five people want to work, or work more, but cannot find a job. They cannot find a job because there isn’t one. That’s the reality.

Those of us doing well love to pat ourselves on the back. We like to credit our choices, our skills, our merits for our success or security. We look at those doing poorly and believe that it was only their poor choices, their lack of skills, their sins. This wonderful fiction not only allows us to feel better about ourselves and how freaking awesome we are, but it frees us from any responsibility for helping others. They earned it, they deserve it. Bad things, we like to believe, happen to bad people.

In reality “bad things” happen to all people. They happen every single day. Some folks just have better tools to deal with them, and the two best tools anyone can have are money and hope. Poverty eats up both like a fire going through a crackhouse.

When you are doing okay, if something breaks you fix it or replace it with something you believe wont break. When you are poor the money to fix it is always money you needed for something else (that‘s what being poor means), so you leave it. If you have to replace it, you either do without or replace it with the cheapest thing you can find. You know it will break again, you just hope it lasts for a while, you hope when it breaks again you will somehow have the money to buy another cheap one. And around and around you go, your world slowly falling apart around you.

You keep things like a packrat. You tell yourself that it’s because you might need it or some part off of it. Sometimes it’s even true. The reality though is that the poor warehouse this junk for the same reason my depression-era grandmother filled her cupboards with useless oddities. It’s just what poor people do. It piles up, gathering dust, there’s no real way to clean around it, so you make new piles and stacks. Dusty boxes of junk. That’s why Walmart sells so many of those cheap plastic shelving units -- they know their customers.

When you are poor, if the faucet leaks (costing you extra on your water bill) there’s no money to replace it so you ignore it and hope it doesn’t get worse. There is nothing else you can do. Your fifty-year-old furnace is running non-stop, trying to keep up with the cold while sucking your wallet dry, and there’s no money for a service call or tune up, so you ignore it and hope the thing makes it through another winter. The car is making alarming noises, and you know it needs to be fixed now before something worse happens, but you can’t, there’s no extra fifty or hundred or thousand dollars lying around, so like everything else in your life you ignore it and try to hope that somehow, somehow, you will make it through to...

To what? Everything is falling apart. You are behind on your bills, credit is maxed or cancelled. You have sat down and cried at the kitchen table when you added up all the money you would need to get your life back on track. Maybe you figure twenty thousand dollars would do it. That’s not that much. With twenty grand you could pay off all the bills, buy your kids some decent clothes, and you could maybe even get a better car -- one that might even start every time you turn the key. So you do some math. If you can save fifty a month, and assuming nothing new breaks and no one gets sick and nothing else goes wrong, saving that twenty thousand would only take you…

Thirty-three years.

That’s reality for the poor. So they say F*** it. There is no money to fix it, no way it will ever get better, anything they try is just going to fail anyway, something will go wrong, there’s no reason to care. With no hope and no future you live for today. It’s never going to get better, so screw it. Order a cheap pizza. Eat at McDonalds. Smoke. Do drugs. You might as well try to enjoy today, because nothing you do today, no sacrifice or effort, will change tomorrow.

Poverty, real poverty, does not inspire, it is a cancer that feeds on hope.

Personally, I believe we can do better. If we can replace a million miles of dirt roads with concrete and superhighways, if we can build dozens of aircraft carriers the size of small cities, and spend trillions blowing the S*** out of people on the other side of the world, if we can bomb their cities into rubble and then rebuild them on the US taxpayer’s dime then if we can we can damn sure take care of our own. Not ONE child should ever be hungry or homeless here. I don’t care if we have to give them a freaking house. Not one parent should have to choose between clothes for her baby or getting that lump in her breast checked out. And if it means some CEO needs to take a cut in his bonus, well, welcome to America -- that mom and her child, EVERY mom and every child is a whole lot more important to me.

Anyway, this rant is long enough. If you made it this far thanks for reading. If it annoyed anyone, sorry.
    Wow. Once again, you deliver a powerful, profound post.

This is the reality for many people today. And the thing is, the majority are good people who have just given up. But, those whose characters may not be that great to begin with, are worsened by such circumstances. And while they may not be worthy of empathy to many, their children certainly are. We have simply failed as a society in our focus, our priorities.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

What states do we have MP in now?
    Iowa
    Florida
    Indiana
    and surrounding areas
    and any states on way from Fla (Miami?) to Iowa to Ind.
    North Carolina
    Ohio? across from Ft Wayne?
    Last edited by passionflower; 12-30-2011 at 10:41 PM. Reason: adding to list
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    OHIO so close, any unsolved there in that area?
    This is Kurtis Kennedy we are talking about, in case someone got lost. Is this the same Kurtis that molested Ali in Iowa???

Oh my god, it is. Another Centerville, IA / Fort Wayne person. In one of the pictures he is standing in front of a shell station (Bratz Service) Googled it, wouldn't you know, Centerville, IA WOW

What states do we have MP in now?
    Iowa
    Florida
    Indiana
    and surrounding areas
    and any states on way from Fla (Miami?) to Iowa to Ind.
    North Carolina also.

In The Forest With The Top Down

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to christee For This Useful Post:

This is Kurtis Kennedy we are talking about, in case someone got lost. Is this the same Kurtis that molested Ali in Iowa???
    but Ft. Wayne is very close to OHIO, been there and crossed over.
    So MP could of also just like kennedy!
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pb...KING/111239951

A Centerville, Iowa, woman asked for a protective order against Michael L. Plumadore in November 2010 to keep him away from her daughter, according to the documents and an official with the Appanoose County clerk of court's office.

The woman said Plumadore was harassing her daughter by “stalking her, sending her explicit sexual text messages and photographs,” according to the documents. The girl's mother also said he sent pictures of his genitals and messages telling the girl he “wanted to get her pregnant.”..........................

I would really like to know why she was trying to get a protective order and not having charges filed against him? What he did was a felony.

When the judge saw what he had done why didn't the judge recommend charges to the SA?

Why did they let him get away with this?

but Ft. Wayne is very close to OHIO, been there and crossed over.
    So MP could of also just like kennedy!
    Yes, Hicksville, OH is just over the boarder from Ft. Wayne. Very strange we have another RSO (against Ali) with ties to both Ft. Wayne and Centerville, IA

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Boss 302 For This Useful Post:

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/murdere...end-speaks-out
    so Ali lived in Maryland also.
    Ali and her mother lived in
    PA
    Maryland
    Iowa
    Ft Wayne, IND
    any other states?
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Is this the same guy, If it is, he is from Hicksville, OH. Hang on for the rest, that is just across the line from Ft. Wayne.
    Yep, it sure is, I used to go to drink there before 21 because their laws were different than Indiana. It was legal to drink beer & wine if you were over 18 but under 21.
    "IT TAKES A LOT BIGGER MAN TO STAND UP AND ADMIT HIS MISTAKES THAN TO HIDE BEHIND A LIE"
    WHY WON'T ANYONE STAND UP FOR HALEIGH??!! WHY?? TELL THE TRUTH!!
    HALEIGH DESERVES IT!!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twall For This Useful Post:

I am really trying to figure this out. If this guy is a serial killer why did he mess up so bad in this case? It is like there was no thought or planning. Any ideas?

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

viewing his pics made me sick........he's wierd IMO
    according to the pics, he considers himself a Juggalo and he listens to ICP so much that he has their name tattooed on his arm. that explains a lot.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Victory For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    I am really trying to figure this out. If this guy is a serial killer why did he mess up so bad in this case? It is like there was no thought or planning. Any ideas?
    I was wondering the exact same thing. It seems strange that he would confess so easily or leave evidense right there in the MH. It is almost as if he wanted to get caught.

I am sure this has been posted, but were Ali's disabilities from birth or were they from a trauma? tia
    My prayers are for the innocent.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mck16 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    Wow. Once again, you deliver a powerful, profound post.

This is the reality for many people today. And the thing is, the majority are good people who have just given up. But, those whose characters may not be that great to begin with, are worsened by such circumstances. And while they may not be worthy of empathy to many, their children certainly are. We have simply failed as a society in our focus, our priorities.
    And you, as always, accomplish more with ten words than I manage in a hundred.

Thank you!
    DISCLAIMER: The above is my OPINION only. Unless stated otherwise, I neither claim nor imply any inside knowledge or expert opinion about any subject I happen to be discussing. The reader assumes full responsibility for any conclusions my writing might cause them to reach. Warning: may cause drowsiness, do not operate heavy machinery while reading

27. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Chris_Texas For This Useful Post:

Park employees packed up the wheelchair ramp and attached mobile home No. 20 to the back of a truck Friday. The only things that were left behind where cinderblocks and the back steps. The mobile home has been moved to a private, secured location.
    http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/india...icials-request

I think it will become official over the next couple of days that Plumadore did not give an accurate recounting of the events leading to Ali's death. They took the wheelchair ramp and the actual trailer, but left the steps, which is where he originally hit her in the head? I'm not buying that. JMO.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

got lazy? maybe he didn't kill before.......just molested?
    but all the plastic bags and trophies?
    Him confessing so quick also puzzles me.
    Don't know what to think anymore.
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Oh, I hope we can get a forum...I want to sleuth places/crimes/people, but I can't cuz the info. is so spread out in the threads, dad gum it!!!
    Proud WS N-LIB

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PMLsmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bam View Post
    Ok. I don't get it. Melissa S. who claims she is Godmother to Aliahna just recently posted on Lyle M. Facebook and wrote on his wall as if she was introducing herself to him the 1st time by saying Hello she is Aliahna Godmother. But I aave seen conversation and tags of a young teenage girl Tagged Lyle M. sept 28th. Melissa is in Iowa and Lyle is in Fort Wayne.Both of them had Michael Plumadore on friend list before it was taken down.
    Something is not right. I'm sure melissa and Lyle were married. Google Melissa Moser and you will find her. WTH is going on???

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mrsu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Victory View Post
    according to the pics, he considers himself a Juggalo and he listens to ICP so much that he has their name tattooed on his arm. that explains a lot.
    O/T
    John Gardner a CA murderer was a juggalo........I remember looking that up.
    He raped and mudered 2 girls (runners, hiking) parents were into odd
    running sex group HARES? I'm so upset I can't even remember names.
    Amber Dubois and Chelsea

also Juggalo was mentioned with Hailey Dunn and shawn adkins
    Last edited by passionflower; 12-30-2011 at 11:45 PM.
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/murdere...end-speaks-out
    so Ali lived in Maryland also.
    Ali and her mother lived in
    PA
    Maryland
    Iowa
    Ft Wayne, IND
    any other states?
    FLORIDA also.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dee10 For This Useful Post:

Maybe it's the first time he was caught?

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mrsu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dee10 View Post
    FLORIDA also.
    I thought just the grandparents were in FL??

42. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsu For This Useful Post:

I've had to step away and I probably will again. This case is so bad.
    It reminds me of Zahra.

Has it been verified that Aliahna's disabilities were from birth or could they have happened afterward from a beating, neglect or worse?

I noticed that one poster had mentioned Aliahna had been molested three times but so far only two times have come to light. Could the third one have been by her grandfather?

Have any of her teachers or classmates come forward with any information on what they had observed or what Aliahna talked about (other than being excited about spending some time away from her home)? I wonder why it was that way anyway? Was her home life also bad?

What is all this about parents having to have adult time? Aliayah's mother also said she had to have some "adult time" and we know that Casey had to have her "adult time".

44. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to watcher9 For This Useful Post:

The belief is that no serial killer will ever turn themselves in, and that they only get better at their trade. That's not always true. A very select few have turned themselves in to stop their own killing sprees or just because they got tired. I think even Bundy said he was glad he got caught. (I'm not sure it was Bundy, but it was one of the more famous ones.)

A lot more make subconscious mistakes that there is no explanation for them making. Ali was a high risk victim, both in terms of her risk and the risk to him. She was a high risk victim because of her circumstances, and she was high risk for him because he was the last one to be seen with her, he knew her, so on and so forth. To me, that is someone that has done the action, but not so much of the planning. Makes me wonder, if he is a serial, if maybe he wasn't part of a team, or if there wasn't someone that helped him with the planning portion. His victim choice was bad, his staging was bad, and his disposal was beyond bad, because he kept everything that could be identified.

Disclaimer: I am not saying that he is a serial killer, I believe he might be, but that is in no way confirmed, only speculated on.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

46. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast