1063 users online (239 members and 824 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

ID - Teen loses cancer fight after delivering son

http://yourlife.usatoday.com/health/...son/52251184/1

POCATELLO, Idaho – Jenni Lake gave birth to a baby boy the month before her 18th birthday, though she was not destined to become just another teenage mother.

That much, she knew.

While being admitted to the hospital, she pulled her nurse down to her at bed level and whispered into her ear. The nurse would later repeat the girl's words to comfort her family, as their worst fears were realized a day after Jenni's baby was born.

"She told the nurse, 'I'm done, I did what I was supposed to. My baby is going to get here safe,'" said Diana Phillips, Jenni's mother.

Much more at link....

That is so sad. For her parents, for her boyfriend and especially for the baby.

He will grow up knowing that his mother loved him more than life itself, yet she won't be there for him. In some ways it will put pressure on him, she died so that he could have life, and what would he have to do to repay that?

I am glad the grandmother who is caring for him is keeping him involved in the other grandparents lives. I hope she always does that. He has lost his mother, but there is no reason he should lose his other grandparents too.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    What a brave, selfless thing to do!

RIP Jenni

From the link:
    Jenni didn't show regret for her decision, not in the final weeks of her pregnancy as she grew weaker, and not when she started to lose her vision as the cancer took its course, her family said.

Jenni's last words were about her son as he was placed beside her a final time, her father said. As she felt for the baby, she said: "I can kind of see him."

Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

What a brave young lady....

RIP, dear girl.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    That is so sad. For her parents, for her boyfriend and especially for the baby.

He will grow up knowing that his mother loved him more than life itself, yet she won't be there for him. In some ways it will put pressure on him, she died so that he could have life, and what would he have to do to repay that?

I am glad the grandmother who is caring for him is keeping him involved in the other grandparents lives. I hope she always does that. He has lost his mother, but there is no reason he should lose his other grandparents too.
    Hopefully he will have been raised to see the positive, not the negative side, of his mother's gift. She gave her parents something to remember her by for many years to come - I'm sure he will be cherished. She had cancer and would have died whether she had him or not, ("With treatment, the teen was told she had a 30 percent chance to make it two years"),so I don't see repayment guilt in his future, just love for this brave young woman who gave him life.

Last edited by KateB; 06-15-2015 at 09:16 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

a brave girl....rip!

This is one of those stories that makes you both happy and sad. Sad that a young women had to die of a horrible disease, but happy that she was able to leave such a beautiful gift to the world and her family. I hope the family lets this boy know what a brave momma he had and she lived to see him born. His mother will go on in his heart.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

What a wonderful legacy. I can relate to her - I would die a million times over for my daughter. So glad she got to experience the intense love of a parent/child before her death. I am a Christian, and all I can say is praise the Lord!

Oh my gosh, I did not mean to sound insensitive to this girl's family. I am so sorry for their loss. But relating to her, I so get it.