ID - Teen loses cancer fight after delivering son

Reader

Reaction score
http://yourlife.usatoday.com/health...-cancer-fight-after-delivering-son/52251184/1

POCATELLO, Idaho – Jenni Lake gave birth to a baby boy the month before her 18th birthday, though she was not destined to become just another teenage mother.

That much, she knew.

While being admitted to the hospital, she pulled her nurse down to her at bed level and whispered into her ear. The nurse would later repeat the girl's words to comfort her family, as their worst fears were realized a day after Jenni's baby was born.

"She told the nurse, 'I'm done, I did what I was supposed to. My baby is going to get here safe,'" said Diana Phillips, Jenni's mother.

Much more at link....

That is so sad. For her parents, for her boyfriend and especially for the baby.

He will grow up knowing that his mother loved him more than life itself, yet she won't be there for him. In some ways it will put pressure on him, she died so that he could have life, and what would he have to do to repay that?

I am glad the grandmother who is caring for him is keeping him involved in the other grandparents lives. I hope she always does that. He has lost his mother, but there is no reason he should lose his other grandparents too.

What a brave, selfless thing to do!

RIP Jenni

From the link:
Jenni didn't show regret for her decision, not in the final weeks of her pregnancy as she grew weaker, and not when she started to lose her vision as the cancer took its course, her family said.

Jenni's last words were about her son as he was placed beside her a final time, her father said. As she felt for the baby, she said: "I can kind of see him."

:(

What a brave young lady....

RIP, dear girl. :(

That is so sad. For her parents, for her boyfriend and especially for the baby.

He will grow up knowing that his mother loved him more than life itself, yet she won't be there for him. In some ways it will put pressure on him, she died so that he could have life, and what would he have to do to repay that?

I am glad the grandmother who is caring for him is keeping him involved in the other grandparents lives. I hope she always does that. He has lost his mother, but there is no reason he should lose his other grandparents too.
Hopefully he will have been raised to see the positive, not the negative side, of his mother's gift. She gave her parents something to remember her by for many years to come - I'm sure he will be cherished. She had cancer and would have died whether she had him or not, ("With treatment, the teen was told she had a 30 percent chance to make it two years"),so I don't see repayment guilt in his future, just love for this brave young woman who gave him life.

[video=youtube;Rd_olKwi4CA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd_olKwi4CA&feature=relmfu[/video]

This is one of those stories that makes you both happy and sad. Sad that a young women had to die of a horrible disease, but happy that she was able to leave such a beautiful gift to the world and her family. I hope the family lets this boy know what a brave momma he had and she lived to see him born. His mother will go on in his heart.

What a wonderful legacy. I can relate to her - I would die a million times over for my daughter. So glad she got to experience the intense love of a parent/child before her death. I am a Christian, and all I can say is praise the Lord!

Oh my gosh, I did not mean to sound insensitive to this girl's family. I am so sorry for their loss. But relating to her, I so get it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back