CA CA - Karen Day, 38, Oceanside, 22 Dec 2011

mamacita

Reaction score
karenz.jpg

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ks...vanishes-over-holiday-20111228,0,204628.story

OCEANSIDE, Calif. -- Oceanside police Wednesday made public an image of a woman reported missing in a bid to help find her.

Karen Day, 38, was reported missing Thursday by a sister when she missed a family gathering in Northern California, according to Oceanside police Lt. Leonard Mata.

Day's landlord saw her about 5 p.m. Dec. 18 at her home in the 1700 block of Downs Street in Oceanside, Mata said. Day's purse, wallet and mobile phone were left behind, he said.

<modsnip>

According to police, Karen Day was last seen by her landlord about 5 p.m. Dec. 18. The family reported her missing the following day when she failed to show up at the gathering, said Oceanside police Lt. Leonard Mata.

Mata said Tuesday that there were no suspects and no new leads in the investigation.
Police said last week that Day left her purse, cellphone and wallet behind. Her car was left at a shop for repairs on Dec. 18, Mata said.

Jeanie Day said Karen is her only sister and both their parents died when the siblings were young. The holidays were to be their first reunion in five years, she said.

Read more: http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/o...0da-514f-a6c6-8128682fcf1e.html#ixzz1jAorRm00

if she was going to drive up to her sisters why would she leave the car for repairs???

how did she get the car there???

how did she get back home???

So Dec. 18th was a Sunday. Are mechanics normally open on Sunday there? She was reported missing on the 22nd when she didn't show up for a family gathering so perhaps she intended to have the car back out of the shop by then.

So Dec. 18th was a Sunday. Are mechanics normally open on Sunday there? She was reported missing on the 22nd when she didn't show up for a family gathering so perhaps she intended to have the car back out of the shop by then.

FWIW, I know my mechanic has a drop box, so you can leave your car and drop the keys after hours to be worked on the next day. Good point about maybe expecting to have the car back by the 22nd.

Okay - starting with the basics. We start with the last known person to see her; and her last known location. Is there video surveillance at her apartment building? How about the mechanic?

What about the landlord? Did she rent the whole house from him or just room(s)? If she rented the whole house from him, why was he there at the home that day? Repairs? Were they friends?

These look to be apartment-ish on Downs as compared to the other homes there. There's some type of work van parked there. Wonder when this Google shot was taken.

http://g.co/maps/pxpk5

Bumping for Karen. Why isn't this getting any publicity? I can hardly find anything when searching, and there hasn't been any updates since early January. Where is Karen? Who is this landlord?

Just sent an email to Channel 8 asking what was going on with this case i.e., has she been found, why no publicity, etc. I guess it really takes your friends and family to pound on the doors of the media and police for them to take notice, doesn't it? I wish she had that.

Has anyone seen anything in local papers or are there any flyers posted for her?

I haven't seen or heard anything. The reporter never replied to my email, either. Thanks for the FB link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back