RIP Raccoon

'I slapped that raccoon's butt'

For two of the last three nights, local artist Sharon LaPine has been waging war against a raccoon who insists on climbing in through the cat door in her bedroom window.

She was tipped off to his presence Tuesday night when his loud chomping woke her up. Her cat, Pretty, is a delicate eater, lifting each small nugget quietly from the bowl and then breaks it with one tiny little crunch.

Read more: http://www.nwfdailynews.com/articles/window-46182-raccoon-water.html#ixzz1i8qyelQZ

Race Weekend Streaker Arrested, Raccoon Found In Car

Police said they arrested Joshua Greene, 27, from Parkersburg, West Virginia for streaking through a crowded parking lot off of Route 394 Saturday afternoon...As police charged him, they discovered a wild animal in his car. "With that we also [found that] he and a companion were in possession of a raccoon," said Matt Austin, Bristol, Tenn. police.

http://www.wcyb.com/news/29018449/detail.html

'I slapped that raccoon's butt'

For two of the last three nights, local artist Sharon LaPine has been waging war against a raccoon who insists on climbing in through the cat door in her bedroom window.

She was tipped off to his presence Tuesday night when his loud chomping woke her up. Her cat, Pretty, is a delicate eater, lifting each small nugget quietly from the bowl and then breaks it with one tiny little crunch.

Read more: http://www.nwfdailynews.com/articles/window-46182-raccoon-water.html#ixzz1i8qyelQZ

Won't the baby powder harm her cat? She should consider putting the cat food away overnight. No food for the racoon, he or she will probably stop entering their home at 3am. Unless the racoon decides to visit during daylight hours.

This story cracked me up!

Won't the baby powder harm her cat? She should consider putting the cat food away overnight. No food for the racoon, he or she will probably stop entering their home at 3am. Unless the racoon decides to visit during daylight hours.

This story cracked me up!

You would think so; the cat would possibly lick it and get sick. When I got up at dark thirty this morning it was snowing like crazy and there was a raccoon on our deck. I put some dog food out for him; when I read our 'local' paper online there was the raccoon story so now Rocky Raccoon is stuck in my brain. lol Daytime raccoons are usually sick/rabid.

You would think so; the cat would possibly lick it and get sick. When I got up at dark thirty this morning it was snowing like crazy and there was a raccoon on our deck. I put some dog food out for him; when I read our 'local' paper online there was the raccoon story so now Rocky Raccoon is stuck in my brain. lol Daytime raccoons are usually sick/rabid.

When my cat was still alive and we moved from an apartment with hardwood floors to my current residence with carpeting she started having problems with coughing - often and it would often wake me in the wee hours of the morning.

It wasn't until I figured out using the carpet powders designed to freshen the carpeting, even with vacuuming them up, was the cause of her cough.

Ironically, something similiar occured when my son was a baby. (about 12-18 mo's). He had developed allergies, was coughing, seeing an allergist and was prescribed (forget the name of the script) until I realized it had been sometime that the vacuum cleaner light lit up for a bag change. It was only then that I realized the vacuum was no longer working properly.

New vacuum and the cough went away for the kiddo.
Stopped using the carpet powders and the cough went away for the cat. (which was discovered long before the kiddo was born).

Even if the cat doesn't lick the baby powder, having that powder so close to the surface where the cat will be breathing isn't good.

I don't see too many racoons, or rabbits in our neighborhood anymore.... as I recently started seeing Wylie Coyote wandering the parking lot - within feet from parked cars and wandering the middle of my street after dark. I've seen the coyote both in mid afternoon a few times... and evening hours since last spring.

The coyotes lay around like nothing sunning themselves in the middle of the day and really don't seem to be bothered by everyday life occuring in the Chicago area....

Come to think of it, I don't see as many skunks or oposum as I used to now that I see Wylie more often.......

I don't see too many racoons, or rabbits in our neighborhood anymore.... as I recently started seeing Wylie Coyote wandering the parking lot - within feet from parked cars and wandering the middle of my street after dark. I've seen the coyote both in mid afternoon a few times... and evening hours since last spring.

The coyotes lay around like nothing sunning themselves in the middle of the day and really don't seem to be bothered by everyday life occuring in the Chicago area....

Come to think of it, I don't see as many skunks or oposum as I used to now that I see Wylie more often.......

We are in the middle of nowhere; deer are an everyday thing. I've seen some coyote, but the dogs chase them off. Across from us, on the hill, I've seen 2 mountain lions and some elk. LOTS of hawks and eagles. :) TOO many snakes in the warm weather. :(

Our corgi got hit with a skunk recently..omg...and big dog, a hound/lab, likes to chase anything, esp.squirrels.

I love Chicago, been snowed in at O'Hare once or twice and the most fun I have ever had being stuck in weather was in Union Station. The bar had good food, several pool tables and some guy from Australia had a didgeridoo. It was a lot of fun.

So - let me get this straight: a young raccoon, whose girlfriend raccoon had just dropped his raccoon bottom, went out drinking to drown his raccoon sorrows, had a few, was spotted tottering around uncertainly - as tipsy raccoons have been known to do - and is diagnosed, on the spot, I would imagine, and probably dubiously, as having "a strain of distemper...going through the local raccoon community," and, in cold blood, is shot? This world's a tough one for our Brother Raccoon. Requiescat in pace, man. Life ain't fair.

So - let me get this straight: a young raccoon, whose girlfriend raccoon had just dropped his raccoon bottom, went out drinking to drown his raccoon sorrows, had a few, was spotted tottering around uncertainly - as tipsy raccoons have been known to do - and is diagnosed, on the spot, I would imagine, and probably dubiously, as having "a strain of distemper...going through the local raccoon community," and, in cold blood, is shot? This world's a tough one for our Brother Raccoon. Requiescat in pace, man. Life ain't fair.

LOL That about sums it up. It's hard out here for a...raccoon. :D

Thank y'all for my Sunday brunch laugh. :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer