IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

beach

Verified Expert
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Please remember that discussion of how this young girl ended up in that trailer is relevent to this case. The family is discussable to that end - but there is to be NO BASHING or TRASHING. We still do not know all the circumstances about why Aliahna was with this <modsnip>.

Also remember there is NO NAME CALLING, not even of the perp. I know that is difficult sometimes but we can do it.

Prayers for this little one, may she rest in peace and may her sisters find safety and be allowed to grow up. :(

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7465866#post7465866"]MEDIA REFERENCE THREAD[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158315"]Thread 1[/ame]

Thread 2
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158569"]Thread 3[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158674"]Thread 4[/ame]

I'm just starting to read on this one but I am curious. In this article:

The woman said Plumadore, 39, was endangering her daughter by &#8220;stalking her, sending her explicit sexual text messages and photographs,&#8221; according to the documents. She said Plumadore sent pictures of exposed genitalia and messages telling the girl he &#8220;wanted to get her pregnant.&#8221;
http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111231/NEWS/111239935

The court excused itself for not filing a restraining order because the living arrangements didn't meet the criteria. (Don't know but just guessing, if there was a court order ordering the girl into a weekend visitation situation at her father's then I don't know why that wouldn't count as a part time residence.)

Why didn't the court order that a criminal investigation be done? The girl was 13. There were allegations that he had sent *advertiser censored* to the kid. In most states that is illegal. And surely they could have found some other charges.... importuning, solicitation or something!

My heart breaks for Aliahna and all the other children I will come to know or never know who endure such unspeakable acts. I am in awe of the posters who have spoken to their own childhood abuse. Thank You for breaking the cycle :rose:

I don't know why there weren't criminal charges either. What is alleged to have been done to a 13 year old certainly doesn't sound legal.

Attention please. :)

I love the reference lists. Thank you! All these people seem so intertwined - ex's, currents, formers, step, biological... yikes.

This is the thing - we can't use FULL NAMES of anyone not named in the MSM, released by LE or come forward on their own. HOWEVER, I agree that a lot of these characters with records, particularly the RSOs, could prove to be relevant.

So here is the deal -

Identify then by using acronyms. Use initials. When there are duplicate first/last name initials, add another letter. (e.g., KK, KtK, KsK) and cross-reference the intials identifying them as to their relationship to the the perp or to Aliahana - (e.g., former brother-in-law, ex-stepdad, etc...)

That is as far as we need to go until we have further evidence or statements. Keep in mind some of these people may be completely innocent. I would rather err on the side of protecting the innocent. It would be irresponsible of us to permit someone's name be dragged into this ugly, horrid mess who has turned their life around, kwim?

Please bump this post as needed for those who might miss it. :tyou:

Carried over from the previous thread.

Originally posted by CharlestonGal:

It doesn't surprise me at all that a retired AF member would behave this way. I'm retired AF myself and for 3 years of my career I worked in a federal prison with incarcerated sex offenders - ALL of them active duty military at the time they committed their sex offense; most of them child molesters. Hundreds of them. Active duty child molesters.

It doesn't surprise me even a little bit that stepdad is retired AF and allowed his children and/or stepchildren to be exposed to this lifestyle. We (Americans) like to think our military and military veterans are somehow above all the lowlifes found in situations like Aliahna's, but they simply aren't. They aren't much different than the population in general - some good, some bad, some monsters.

In my 22 year active duty career (in social services) I worked thousands of cases of spouse abuse, child abuse, rape, child molestation, drug abuse, you name it, all perpetrated by active duty military people.

Many military people and veterans ARE heroes. Probably even most. Retired stepdad in this case is obviously not one of them.

thank you for bringing this up and posting your experience CharlstonGal.

The following is SPECULATION only. I have feared the possibility that Step Dad may have been a liason between civilian and military sicko's. I simply can't find any other explanation to explain his actions, or lack of.

JMO

Plumadore's online stalking of the 13-yr. old is the same thing that the "To Catch a Predator" program with Chris Hansen documents all of the time. And, there are plenty of "military" types in the mix.

This poor little Angel never stood a chance... the entire family, step family, God mothers, fathers, x husbands, molestors, they are all embedded in each other it is pathetic. Who in the world could she even had gone to that she trust.

It was mentioned in a previous post somthing to the extent of a *advertiser censored* ring.. I am thinking that poster may very well be onto somthing... Mom moving everything to storage.. what is she hiding.. maybe computer disc, child *advertiser censored* movies somthing to that extent.

There has got to be way more to this as far as who knew what, others that were involved or had knowlege of previous abuse, abuse of the siblings.. there is way, way, way more to it this... what sick people in this world.

This poor little Angel never stood a chance... the entire family, step family, God mothers, fathers, x husbands, molestors, they are all embedded in each other it is pathetic. Who in the world could she even had gone to that she trust.

It was mentioned in a previous post somthing to the extent of a *advertiser censored* ring.. I am thinking that poster may very well be onto somthing... Mom moving everything to storage.. what is she hiding.. maybe computer disc, child *advertiser censored* movies somthing to that extent.

There has got to be way more to this as far as who knew what, others that were involved or had knowlege of previous abuse, abuse of the siblings.. there is way, way, way more to it this... what sick people in this world.
----------
That is why I questioned what Plumadore and the grandfather would discuss/watch during all of those hours of "care."

One thing that always dismays and angers me is when couples in bitter divorce and custody battles falsely accuse the spouse of sexual abuse of the child(ren). It seems to have become more of a trend, imo. It's among the worst things that could happen to a child and among the worst things that an adult can be accused of doing. Imo, it hampers the progress that has been made in making victims more aware that it's okay to speak out and assuring them that they bear no shame in the eyes of society; their victimizers do.

I don't know the nature of the relationship between the mother and father of the 13 year old stalked by MP, but I do wonder if authorities had to consider that this could be yet another case of one ex-spouse trying to hurt the other in the worst way possible and keep the child from visitation. In this case, it appears that the claim was fully investigated. I wonder if the mother decided not to push and pursue it at a criminal level because visitation was cut off, or if MP convinced one or both parents that he was not a threat.

IDK, it's just frustrating. I think society has done a reasonable job in the last decade or more of better understanding the volume and depth of sexual abuse, child abuse and rape. A message has been sent loudly and clearly that "it's not your fault!". Many victims have stopped feeling like they are hiding a dark shameful secret and instead realized they are brave survivors who can help others. Then, as it becomes less taboo to admit that you were a victim, we suddenly see a growing segment of the population who is willing to make false claims in order to hurt someone, get what they want at all costs, or bilk money from someone. It's a real disservice to all of the true victims who, imo, sometimes have to fight harder to prove their case because others are so willing to make false claims.

Just venting... I am thankful that the 13 year old is alive today and wish it was more clear why a criminal investigation wasn't launched. I wish Ali had survived MP as well. I am thankful that her sisters did; possibly due to Ali's sacrifice. I hope the loss of Ali changes how some of these cases are pursued and tracked. The custodial parent of a child who authorities have concluded has been sexually abused twice before reaching the age of 10 should be monitored by CPS. If they cross state lines, the case should follow them. I know CPS is overloaded and it would involve infrastructure improvements to make it a reality, but there is no investment more critical than that of our children, imo.

ALL JMO...

I'm just starting to read on this one but I am curious. In this article:

The court excused itself for not filing a restraining order because the living arrangements didn't meet the criteria. (Don't know but just guessing, if there was a court order ordering the girl into a weekend visitation situation at her father's then I don't know why that wouldn't count as a part time residence.)

Why didn't the court order that a criminal investigation be done? The girl was 13. There were allegations that he had sent *advertiser censored* to the kid. In most states that is illegal. And surely they could have found some other charges.... importuning, solicitation or something!

I share your frustration and your questions.

Iowa law provides for “civil protection orders” only when the alleged perp and victim have a pre-existing intimate relationship, such as past or present marriage, domestic partnership, etc. In essence, civil protective orders are available in Iowa only in cases of “domestic violence.”

See www.iowacasa.org/aspx/legislativeinformationandlaws/legislativepriorities.aspx, which says:

"Iowa law currently does not provide for a civil protective order for victims of sexual assault. Unless a victim of sexual assault has some type of relationship with the perpetrator that falls within the domestic relations definitions for purposes of establishing domestic violence, that victim cannot get a protective order in the civil law system. If a sexual assault perpetrator has been arrested and charged the victim is eligible for a criminal protective order.

Iowa CASA would like to see a civil protective order in Iowa law for victims of sexual assault, regardless of who the perpetrator is. Additionally, we hear repeatedly from clients that the Department of Human Services will require a parent or legal guardian to get a protective order against an offender who has perpetrated on a child. But unless that parent’s relationship to the offender falls within the domestic relations definitions the parent cannot go to court and get this. This in turn places that parent in fear of having a DHS founded report against him or her for not doing what DHS required."

So under Iowa law, the 13 year old girl's mom could not get a civil protective order because she did not have the requisite relationship with MP.

An article posted at the end of the previous thread says that the judge who dismissed the mother's application for a civil protective order told her to take the case to the police or to an attorney, which Mom apparently did not do. Given the facts in this case (MP sending the girl photos of his genitals, etc.), I am really surprised that the judge did not personally refer this matter to the police. The facts alleged by the mother present a prima facie case for assault charges against MP - under Iowa law, "assault" is defined as any action that leads a person to believe that she is at risk of unwanted touching, bodily injury, death, etc. No actual touching or bodily injury is required. If the judge or the mother had taken this case to the police, MP's assaults on the 13 year old would have been stopped and Ali might still be alive.

I wonder if Iowa has "mandated reporters" for child abuse and if judges are among the mandated reporters? I hope so, and I hope this judge will face some consequences for not referring such an egregious case of sexual assault against a child to the police.

As for AS being retired military is there any proof of such or just his claim on FB? As for me for some reason I'm just not buying it.

MOO

As for AS being retired military is there any proof of such or just his claim on FB? As for me for some reason I'm just not buying it.

MOO

Neither am I. If you google it there is an AS who really did serve, he is 74 years old. I can't find this AS as having served except by his own assertion.

There are pictures of his retirement on his myspace page.

MOO

BBM

He is retired military. His myspace has pictures of his retirement ceremony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82