Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Michael Plumadore - confessed murderer

Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    Michael Plumadore Takes the Plea Deal, Eliminating the Death Penalty

Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana's NewsCenter) - Friday afternoon in an unexpected status hearing Michael Plumadore, the man accused of killing Aliahna Lemmon, agrees to a plea deal and admits his guilt.

Plumadore pleaded guilty to five counts:
    Count 1: Murder
    Count 2: Abuse of a corpse
    Count 3: Violent suspicious death
    Count 4: Habitual offender
    Count 5: life without parole

The plea agreement calls for life in prison without the possibility of parole. It also takes the death penalty off the table, which Prosecutor Karen Richards said she would have pursued if the case went to trial.
    Plumadore admitted Friday to killing 9-year-old Aliahna Lemmon, then dismembering the little girl's body. This all happened just around Christmas last year.
    Sentencing for Plumadore is set for June 18th.

watch the video, it is very informative

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/ne...151013495.html

Still no reason why he did it. I also noticed there are no sex offense charges.
    Thanks for posting the info. I haven't been able to check in here much recently and just learned of this news. After listening to the news report linked, I wonder about the "life without parole" charge. They said extenuating circumstances. Could that be a hidden way of getting around any sex offense charges?

I wish he had gone to trial so the death penalty could be thrown into the mix. Hopefully he won't be overly protected and the other prisoners will make his life sentence a living he11. I guess we will never know the reasons for this crime. That frustrates me, but the terms of the plea give comfort in knowing that MP will never be able to hurt another child.
    Last edited by ClaireNC; 05-31-2012 at 01:39 AM.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ClaireNC For This Useful Post:

This is highly aggravating. I want to know what in the world was bad enough that he saw fit to beat this tiny girl to death then cut her up and put her in the freezer. I want him to have to state what the cause was and hear himself make that statement because there is nothing that could have happened that would come anywhere close to being a just cause for what he did to her.

On one hand I'm glad that he got life in prison and death is far too good for him yet on the other I would have liked for him to stay on death row for years and ponder his own mortality, waiting and wondering when his last day would be.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Camille For This Useful Post:

I was thinking that he would have to allecute. I guess they didn't make that a requirement of the plea agreement?

I also wonder where and how those other children from the family are doing.
    All posts are simply my own opinion.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoppy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kristenske View Post
    He doesn't deserve to live. I don't think there should have been any plea deal. She was (excuse the graphicness of what I'm about to post) cut up, in pieces, IN HIS FREEZER!!! One would think with evidence like that a guilty verdict would have been a slam dunk! It's almost like they just want this case to go away. There's got to be answers as to why those girls were with this monster at the time she was murdered. What did the sisters see? What happened to them? Any charges against the parents? How come she was dead for 2 WHOLE DAYS before she was reported missing?! I'm sorry to run on, but this whole case just infuriates me. Aliahna deserves more than to have her case be swept under the carpet and for this animal to just plead guilty. RIP little girl, you're in a better place now.
    I agree, I'm still worried about the sisters, and there was a brother too IIRrC. Who are they being left with now when mom is sick. Grrrr hopefully now they can dig into all the family mess now that a trial is off the agenda and won't be compromised; MP isn't the only guilty one IMHO

Rip Aliahna,
    At least he's never getting out.
    “A person's a person, no matter how small.”

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

“If you want to catch beasts you don't see every day, you have to go places quite out of the way,
    You have to go places no others can get to.
    You have to get cold and you have to get wet, too.” ― Dr. Seuss

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mahoolin For This Useful Post:

Wow! There are so many different thread topics for this case, I wasn't sure where to post this. This seems to be the most active recent one so I hope it's ok to post this here.

Plumadore is to be sentenced today at 1:30 EST.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/local/p...urt-monday-mre

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeginnersLuck For This Useful Post:

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime...life-in-prison

I'm guessing he'll live out his remaining days in solitary, protective confinement. Because, heaven forbid, anyone should exact justice on his sorry self.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marycarney For This Useful Post:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/18...est=latestnews

Calling the case the "worst of the worst," Allen Superior Court Judge Allen Surbeck accepted that plea deal Monday and added an extra 36 years: three more years for abuse of a corpse; three years for moving her body; and 30 years for the murder charge because Plumadore is a habitual offender.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Elley Mae For This Useful Post:

Case Archive is updated, and will add more as the evening news continues.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...mon%20%20-IN-/
    Photos from various cases (click on left-column names on the main photobucket page...they are in alphabetical order) http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AmandaReckonwith For This Useful Post:

Plumadore To Be Locked Up For Life: Prosecutor Explains Plea Offer

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/ne...159406135.html
    "IT TAKES A LOT BIGGER MAN TO STAND UP AND ADMIT HIS MISTAKES THAN TO HIDE BEHIND A LIE"
    WHY WON'T ANYONE STAND UP FOR HALEIGH??!! WHY?? TELL THE TRUTH!!
    HALEIGH DESERVES IT!!

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to twall For This Useful Post:

"IT TAKES A LOT BIGGER MAN TO STAND UP AND ADMIT HIS MISTAKES THAN TO HIDE BEHIND A LIE"
    HALEIGH DESERVES IT!!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to twall For This Useful Post:

Vine message- MICHAEL PLUMADORE has been transferred from Allen County Jail to another facility. The transfer took place on 6/19/2012.
    Photos from various cases (click on left-column names on the main photobucket page...they are in alphabetical order) http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AmandaReckonwith For This Useful Post:

Offender Details
    Offender Name: MICHAEL LEN PLUMADORE
    Offender ID:609463Date of Birth:11/16/1972Age: 39 Race: White Gender: Male
    Custody Status: Transferred Location of Offender:Unknown Agency

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/de...hType=offender

He'll be landing soon in one of the prisons tonight or by tomorrow morning. It will show on the link when he does.

I still don't get how the girls were there in the first place. I don't think I ever will. RIP Aliahna & may your siblings always be protected.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Know? For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Know? View Post
    Offender Details
    Offender Name: MICHAEL LEN PLUMADORE
    Offender ID:609463Date of Birth:11/16/1972Age: 39 Race: White Gender: Male
    Custody Status: Transferred Location of Offender:Unknown Agency

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/de...hType=offender

He'll be landing soon in one of the prisons tonight or by tomorrow morning. It will show on the link when he does.

I still don't get how the girls were there in the first place. I don't think I ever will. RIP Aliahna & may your siblings always be protected.
    They got him out of the county fast! He will end up on one of the top 3 worst prisons in the state, Wabash Valley (featured on one of the prison shows they have on cable (Lockup?) or Indiana State Prison in Michigan City where the death chamber is (drove by that prison all the time as my sister used to live in Michigan City) or Pendleton.

I would have liked for him to get the dp but I think he will suffer greatly in prison, he doesn't look like a tough guy to me. Reminds me of Jarred Harrell. barf! At least this guarantees he will never be outside prison walls again.

Indiana can be lenient on offenders, ugh, it makes me sick at times. 2 of the 4 females that participated in the torture and murder of Shanda Sharer are out of prison. If anyone isn't familiar with her case Google her name, it is awful what those girls did to her. Also, in order for someone to be eligible for LWOP they have to meet the same criteria as a death penalty case. Maximum in the state is 65 years with the possibility of parole so I don't hear the LWOP sentence very often.

I have a friend whose brother got busted 6 years ago for mfg. and distributing meth (several counts) and he got 30 years. At the time of the bust he was out on bond for a drug charge in Michigan. We live in the NE corner of Indiana not far from the Michigan and Ohio state lines. After he got done serving time in Michigan he started his time in Indiana. My friend was telling me he had a court date last week concerning his appeal and there were 2 child molester inmates that had appearances before him she was present for and she said they got a lot less time than he did. I am not defending his actions but when one deals drugs it is usually to adults who are making a choice to use drugs but sex abuse victims don't have a choice, they are automatically taken advantage of by their abuser, kwim?

Here is another news story, glad to hear he's accepted his fate!

Plumadore’s Lawyers Say He’s Accepted His Fate

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/ne...159639695.html
    HALEIGH DESERVES IT!!

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to twall For This Useful Post:

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/ne...159406135.html

Richards says she offered a plea, because that's what the victim’s family wanted.

Karen Richards/(R) Allen Co. Prosecutor: " Normally, a death penalty case takes between 13 and 16 years to complete, and at every appeal, it's almost like opening up a wound again, and I just don't think they could handle that."
    IMHO, don't seem to be able to handle much. But yet, the statement was
    "We needed finality, so he could never hurt anyone again."
    I can tell them how to make sure he never hurt anyone again, but guess they didn't want the inconvenience, and the reminder of the choice they made to give Aliahna on a silver platter to her murderer.

a relative spoke at the hearing...
    “Your villainous and vile act has put our entire family under a microscope.”

She also said Aliahna’s mother will forever be judged because of the crime, referring to the fact she believes some in the community hold her partly responsible for turning over her kids to Plumadore, which gave him an opportunity to carry out the murder.
    OK, gotcha - feeling a little heat from being under the microscope....

And, I have a little problem with the phrase "partly responsible" for turning over her kids to MP. Uh, I say fully responsible - but that's just

I'm so angry still. I fully believe this is a murder that could have been prevented, had mom not "given" her children to MP without a second thought. Her sisters were lucky to have made it through their visit alive. I hope they're in counseling.

But - can someone help me understand WHY they're still in their mother's custody? She's done nothing but put them in harms way over and over and over???

RIP Aliahna
    “A person's a person, no matter how small.”

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

“If you want to catch beasts you don't see every day, you have to go places quite out of the way,
    You have to go places no others can get to.
    You have to get cold and you have to get wet, too.” ― Dr. Seuss

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mahoolin For This Useful Post:

His villainous and vile act deprived an innocent child of her life... but let's worry about the family being under a microscope.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

This family needs to be under a microscope.So worried about the remaining siblings.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to claudicici For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by claudicici View Post
    This family needs to be under a microscope.So worried about the remaining siblings.
    Interesting comments under this article.

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/ne...170761876.html
    HALEIGH DESERVES IT!!

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twall For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    They got him out of the county fast! He will end up on one of the top 3 worst prisons in the state, Wabash Valley (featured on one of the prison shows they have on cable (Lockup?) or Indiana State Prison in Michigan City where the death chamber is (drove by that prison all the time as my sister used to live in Michigan City) or Pendleton.

I would have liked for him to get the dp but I think he will suffer greatly in prison, he doesn't look like a tough guy to me. Reminds me of Jarred Harrell. barf! At least this guarantees he will never be outside prison walls again.

Indiana can be lenient on offenders, ugh, it makes me sick at times. 2 of the 4 females that participated in the torture and murder of Shanda Sharer are out of prison. If anyone isn't familiar with her case Google her name, it is awful what those girls did to her. Also, in order for someone to be eligible for LWOP they have to meet the same criteria as a death penalty case. Maximum in the state is 65 years with the possibility of parole so I don't hear the LWOP sentence very often.

I have a friend whose brother got busted 6 years ago for mfg. and distributing meth (several counts) and he got 30 years. At the time of the bust he was out on bond for a drug charge in Michigan. We live in the NE corner of Indiana not far from the Michigan and Ohio state lines. After he got done serving time in Michigan he started his time in Indiana. My friend was telling me he had a court date last week concerning his appeal and there were 2 child molester inmates that had appearances before him she was present for and she said they got a lot less time than he did. I am not defending his actions but when one deals drugs it is usually to adults who are making a choice to use drugs but sex abuse victims don't have a choice, they are automatically taken advantage of by their abuser, kwim?

Here is another news story, glad to hear he's accepted his fate!

Plumadore’s Lawyers Say He’s Accepted His Fate

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/ne...159639695.html
    quoting myself, lol

yep, he is at Wabash Valley!

http://www.in.gov/apps/indcorrection...=0&search1.y=0
    HALEIGH DESERVES IT!!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to twall For This Useful Post:

This case still bothers me.

I still believe that there is a whole lot more here than we have been told. This case is just one chapter in a saga that would make Stephen King consider another profession. There are so many child abusers in this family (and their friends) that you need a wall sized flow chart to keep up. The more you look the more you seem to find, and I get the feeling that the police just threw up their hands and walked away rather than trying to really untangle it. They had their guy, they had their confession, and that's a wrap.

But there is (in my opinion) a whole lot more to this story.

Mom gave her daughters to this guy.

DISCLAIMER: The above is my OPINION only. Unless stated otherwise, I neither claim nor imply any inside knowledge or expert opinion about any subject I happen to be discussing. The reader assumes full responsibility for any conclusions my writing might cause them to reach. Warning: may cause drowsiness, do not operate heavy machinery while reading

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris_Texas For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Texas View Post
    This case still bothers me.

I still believe that there is a whole lot more here than we have been told. This case is just one chapter in a saga that would make Stephen King consider another profession. There are so many child abusers in this family (and their friends) that you need a wall sized flow chart to keep up. The more you look the more you seem to find, and I get the feeling that the police just threw up their hands and walked away rather than trying to really untangle it. They had their guy, they had their confession, and that's a wrap.

But there is (in my opinion) a whole lot more to this story.

This case still haunts me too. And you are so right about all of it. I'm afraid to think of what lies beneath the surface, but I hope that LE eventually does figure it out. It hurts my heart to think about this beautiful innocent girl being placed into the hands of that monster by the one person on earth who should have protected her from harm.
    Baby Robby
    10/29/2009-05/05/2010
    RIP Sweetest Angel

"People only see what they are prepared to see..."
    Twitter:
    @thecrimeblogger

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lori_TX For This Useful Post:

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112