MD - Walter Rogers, 43, fatally shot as he slept, Laurel, 23 April 2004

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Laura Rogers killed her husband in April, shooting him as he slept and claiming it was a suicide. But when she pleaded guilty to manslaughter yesterday, 198 days after her arrest, an Anne Arundel County Circuit Court judge set her free.
Her husband, Walter Rogers, 43, had raped and impregnated her teenage daughter, a child from a previous marriage, both sides said in court. And the day before Laura Rogers leveled a shotgun at her husband's head, she watched a videotape he had made of the sex acts.

Rest of story: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A38006-2004Nov9.html?nav=rss_metro

I would have wanted to kill his sorry A$$ too !!

I can't even post my true feelings on this case because I would surely offend someone!

All I can say is this guy got off easy - I have no problem admitting that I would've done much worse to him....:furious: :furious: :furious:

Brie said:
All I can say is this guy got off easy - I have no problem admitting that I would've done much worse to him....:furious: :furious: :furious:
We were talking about this at the radio station last night, and that seems to be the general consensus by people.

What we didn't understand at work, was why didn't the judge watch this tape BEFORE she was sent to prison? Odd.

Dark Knight said:
What we didn't understand at work, was why didn't the judge watch this tape BEFORE she was sent to prison? Odd.
Because she was charged with 1st degree murder and the tape was only intended to show motive. Only after she plead guilty to manslaughter did the judge view the tape to determine what kind of sentence to hand down.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back