1194 users online (222 members and 972 guests)  

Websleuths News

MD - Walter Rogers, 43, shot dead, wife convicted & set free, 23 April 2004

Laura Rogers killed her husband in April, shooting him as he slept and claiming it was a suicide. But when she pleaded guilty to manslaughter yesterday, 198 days after her arrest, an Anne Arundel County Circuit Court judge set her free.
    Her husband, Walter Rogers, 43, had raped and impregnated her teenage daughter, a child from a previous marriage, both sides said in court. And the day before Laura Rogers leveled a shotgun at her husband's head, she watched a videotape he had made of the sex acts.

Rest of story: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...?nav=rss_metro

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I would have wanted to kill his sorry A$$ too !!
    Last edited by lisag; 11-11-2004 at 11:53 AM.

LazyCat08 is offline I may not be Glenn Beck, but I am a thinker......

Angry Good for her! This is real justice

I can't even post my true feelings on this case because I would surely offend someone!

All I can say is this guy got off easy - I have no problem admitting that I would've done much worse to him....
    bhp

Quote Originally Posted by Brie
    All I can say is this guy got off easy - I have no problem admitting that I would've done much worse to him....
    We were talking about this at the radio station last night, and that seems to be the general consensus by people.

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

This is so sick.

Brie, I have a feeling that most of us share those feelings.

Good riddance....I am only sorry he didn't suffer.
    Above is my opinion only

What we didn't understand at work, was why didn't the judge watch this tape BEFORE she was sent to prison? Odd.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    What we didn't understand at work, was why didn't the judge watch this tape BEFORE she was sent to prison? Odd.
    Because she was charged with 1st degree murder and the tape was only intended to show motive. Only after she plead guilty to manslaughter did the judge view the tape to determine what kind of sentence to hand down.