Babysitting: 1. Tarah & Mike P Convo 2. The Hinks 3. Mom's Veracity

al66pine

Reaction score
Tarah's & Mike P. Convo re Babysitting - the Flu & a Week?

What did Mom tell Mike about Keeping the Children?

Some posters said, as Tarah was on FaceBook & playing games online, she used flu as a excuse for allowing the children to be w. Mike P.
Imo, the reference to “week” is pivotal to understanding this.

One angle about children being there for “a week” seems esp. hinky to me.

Multiple MSM articles on Ali’s missing status discussed the girls being w. Mike P. for a “week.”
Had they already stayed a week then? Not at the time of these articles.
IIRC, the girls went there Tues. Dec. 20 after school and started to spend a “week” there.

A week?
If you (or some, many, most, or all employed people you know) came down w. the flu Tues. and phoned mgr. at work to alert
that you (they) would not be at work that day, would you (they) say ---
----“I’m sick w. the flu and I won’t be at work for a week.” or
----“I’m sick w. the flu and I won’t be in today.” The next day, you wd either go to work or call again. Right?
If you initially said I won’t be in for a week, your mgr wd likely think your flu was bogus.

Seems to me that a stay at home mom coming down w. the flu would use the same or similar approach in seeking babysitter coverage --
----I’m sick, can you keep the kids today?
----Not say - I’m sick today, but will recover a week from now, so you could bring them back then.

Did Tarah ask one of these two questions of Mike P?

Or did Tarah & Mike P’s conversation follow a different line? What did they say about the girls staying w. him?

Unusual circumstances re this Babysitter & These Children

There were many curious factors about the circumstances of this babysitter & these children:

---girls, ages 9 and 6.
---one girl a previous victim for multiple abuse or molestations.
--- the same girl w, special mental health issues.
----39 y/o male babysitter.
----<unusual, cubed> babysitter.
----Mom w flu still able to be on FBk and to play games online.
--- Mom w. no reported overwhelming reason not to safety-ck in person or speak to kids on phone daily.
---step-fa, w. no reported overwhelming reason not to safety-ck in person or speak to kids on phone.
---Mom’s <unusual, squared> father’s criminal history.
--- rumors = boys remaining at home, while girls were w. male sitter.
--- rumors = boys remaining at home were younger, so, less capable of self care & helping Mom & S-Fa.
--- rumors = girls w. sitter were older, so, more capable of self care & helping Mom & S-Fa.
----Others sleuthers noted - Tarah & step-fa’s 2d wedding anniversary, 12/21/11 during that week.

Which, if any of these, are most important?

What do these cummulative, total circumstances tell LE, the prosecutor, and ultimately the jury, about the girls being in the care of Mike P. for a week?

I thought the initial claim was that she had had a fever for several days and didn't want the kids to get sick. Not sure where fever became flu if online or msm.

Did Mom lie? About what? Anything else? Why?

Despite multiple red flags re the babysitter - children combo, Mom and/or S-Fa allowed it to happen.

And intended it to continue for a week, not just a single evening.
And Mom said, it was because she had the flu [knew she would have the flu for a week],
IIRC, either her personal stmt to MSM or LE repeating her stmt to MSM.

Based on totality of circumstances, Mom LIED, imo, about the flu, the purported reason for a week stay.

Does her lie expose her consciousness of guilt for allowing this?
Why would she lie & fabricate a reason for the intended week long stay?
Because the actual reason for a week long stay would reflect less favorably on her & S-Fa?

What could reflect less favorably on them, less favorably than their negligence?
And their callous disregard of red flags? Maybe possible contemplated harm to one of the girls?

Did Mom lie? About what? About anything else? Why?

I think the fever/flu was an excuse for poor decisions. A 9 year olds could new a big help to the baby boy at home.

I totally agree that the circumstances outlined point to something more sinister than just bad decision, IMO.

Another point about about the "week long" stay is that that week included Christmas.

I thought about the "not wanting the kids to get sick" idea, but then why would the boys stay home? (Have we established that they did?)

Also, if mom was so sick, why would it be at all believable that she came to pick up Ali? And if she were well enough to do that, why would she not take the other girls at that time (or later)? In other words, if Ali was thought to no longer needed a babysitter at 10AM, why did the other girls still need to be there until at least after 8PM?

There is more to be said and asked, but these questions are already quite a bit for me to chew on.

JMO

I believe that Aliahna told a friend at school that she would be staying at a "friend's" house for a week. I would love to know WHEN she told her friend that . .. which might let us know if and when this extended sleepover party was PLANNED in advance.

Ya'll need to remember that she was paralyzed for this time period as well and just simply couldn't take care of the children. Remember her friend said the paralysis was only temporary and she should be able to walk in a few days?

Ya'll need to remember that she was paralyzed for this time period as well and just simply couldn't take care of the children. Remember her friend said the paralysis was only temporary and she should be able to walk in a few days?

IIRC, her temporary paralysis didn't kick in until she found out MP had confessed to murdering Aliahna.

Also it is important to note that I read 3 MSM articles and every single one of them attributed this "temporary paralysis" condition as "according to friends". We don't have any medical proof that she was actually paralyzed, temporary or otherwise. I've only seen a photo of her being wheeled away from the hospital in a wheelchair. (I guess the ER, because I haven't seen where she was ever admitted as an inpatient.)

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/home/Missing-Juvenile-136180558.html

Kathleen Mckee lives just down the road from where Aliahna was last seen.
Mckee's daughter, Amelia, says Aliahna told her about her winter break plans. "She told me she was going to a friend's house the last day of school before Christmas break."
Mckee's daughter, Amelia, rides the school bus with Aliahna. Amelia says she's worried about what happened to her friend. "She's my friend, and I just... we're friends."

I know it's been said that Tarah sent the girls to Plumadore's and kept the boys. But did she have any boys? I saw a posting of hers, when Aliahana was listed as 8 and the other two girls as age 4, saying she was a mother of 3 (with the third being the step daughter).

Did she have any children since then?

I totally agree that the circumstances outlined point to something more sinister than just bad decision, IMO.

Another point about about the "week long" stay is that that week included Christmas.

I thought about the "not wanting the kids to get sick" idea, but then why would the boys stay home? (Have we established that they did?)

Also, if mom was so sick, why would it be at all believable that she came to pick up Ali? And if she were well enough to do that, why would she not take the other girls at that time (or later)? In other words, if Ali was thought to no longer needed a babysitter at 10AM, why did the other girls still need to be there until at least after 8PM?

There is more to be said and asked, but these questions are already quite a bit for me to chew on.

JMO

I agree that there was something else going on. I believe she didn't want to be bothered with the girls and after the fact decided she needed to have an excuse as to why they had been there since Tuesday - being that her daughter was reported missing Friday night. The fever gives her an out so to speak. One of the earlier MSM said she had fever, but if in fact she is a stay at home mom and truly had the flue don't you imagine that her children probably were exposed to it and gave it to her....yet her claim was that she wanted to keep them healthy and let her husband sleep. She was trying to cover her behind.

Sisters of slain 9 year old in protective custody

I don't think it was ever confirmed that there were boys in the house? Only a FB posting that said something about the number of people sick and it was assumed from that?

I think it highly improbable that they would not remove ALL the children?

So - no hard facts - but this - TO ME - implies the other girls were the only other children in the home??

It would be nice to know if anyone saw TS out shopping for Christmas while being so sick...............
not a word from her husband?

It would be nice to know if anyone saw TS out shopping for Christmas while being so sick...............
not a word from her husband?

Absolutely! Or, if Santa or his elves stopped by with some medications, etc., etc., for our desperately ill "stay at home mom".

I don't know if we'll ever be able to determine how many children/adults "lived" at the Souders' trailer from time to time. So many players with so many kids . . .

IIRC a post indicating there were "5 out of 6 kids" PLUS another kid that Tarah was taking to the dr due to sickness. This was in late-Oct.

I, too, think that CPS would have removed ALL children, not just the 2 girls, and place them in protective custody IF there was no family (OMG, cannot believe I'm saying this) to provide care for them.

did she work? have any co-workers come out and said she called in sick?

Sisters of slain 9 year old in protective custody

I don't think it was ever confirmed that there were boys in the house? Only a FB posting that said something about the number of people sick and it was assumed from that?

I think it highly improbable that they would not remove ALL the children?

So - no hard facts - but this - TO ME - implies the other girls were the only other children in the home??

so if the girls were their only children, that means that Tarah and Allen had the place all to themselves, while their kids were out sleeping either on the floor, in chairs or in Plumadore's bed.:maddening:

IIRC, her temporary paralysis didn't kick in until she found out MP had confessed to murdering Aliahna.

Also it is important to note that I read 3 MSM articles and every single one of them attributed this "temporary paralysis" condition as "according to friends". We don't have any medical proof that she was actually paralyzed, temporary or otherwise. I've only seen a photo of her being wheeled away from the hospital in a wheelchair. (I guess the ER, because I haven't seen where she was ever admitted as an inpatient.)

BBM

Would an injection of say steroids or gold cause a temporary paralysis?

http://www.ehow.com/list_5757384_types-used-joint-injection-pain.html

I believe that Aliahna told a friend at school that she would be staying at a "friend's" house for a week. I would love to know WHEN she told her friend that . .. which might let us know if and when this extended sleepover party was PLANNED in advance.
I wish we knew that "friends" name. I think she was talking about Plumadore but I have read others didn't think that and maybe her plans got changed.

If she went to the ER I'm betting it was for pills. Not saying that she wouldn't need them, I know I would and I don't like pills, but I have thought since the beginning she was probably a pillhead and more.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back