UK - Alisa Dmitrijeva, 17, found dead on Queen's Norfolk estate, 1 Jan 2012

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Sandringham Estate: police examine human remains near Royal home (Telegraph)
A major police inquiry was launched after a dog walker discovered the remains on New Year’s Day just a mile from the Royal Stud and less than two miles from the estate’s main residence.

Officers are carrying out a “detailed search” throughout the area of woodland in Anmer, near King’s Lynn, which is east of Sandringham House, where members of the Royal Family had gathered.

The operation was kept secret for more than 24 hours as detectives worked to establish how remains were found to be located so close to the Royal residence. A large area of the woodland had been cordoned off.

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, who are currently staying on the 20,000-acre (8,000-hectare) estate for their Christmas break, were informed of the discovery on Monday night.
---
No word yet on whether said remains became remains because of murderous violence or what-have-you. (And thus I'm listing this for now in Up to the Minute instead of Crimes in the News.)

Daily Mail decides to speculate a bit:
Chairman of Norfolk Ramblers Mike Berman said: ‘I believe [the tiny Norfolk village of] Anmer did once have a burial site which is no longer used so perhaps that may shed some light on the discovery.’
And it also informs us that....
---
Last March, the body of an American loner obsessed with the Queen was found 100 yards from Buckingham Palace.

Robert Moore, 69, had set up camp on a tiny island on the lake in St James’s Park. He arrived in the UK in 2007 and appeared to have lived in the park until his death around a year later.
---
Mystery as 'human remains' are found by dog walker in woodland on Sandringham estate (Daily Mail)

much more at the links, the Mail having more pictures, of course; the Telegraph's is the superior written account

And it looks like we're talking homicide with this one:

Murder mystery at Sandringham: Body of woman is found dumped in woodland on Queen's country estate (Daily Mail)
A murder investigation is under way after the remains of a woman were discovered by a dog walker on the Queen’s estate at Sandringham.

Police say they are looking at missing persons reports and cold cases across the country.

The body was found in woodland on the Queen's estate in Norfolk on New Year's Day, but there is no indication yet of when the woman died, or how.
---
more at link above

Boy that is a slap against the royals isn't it? They not only killed someone, they dumped her right in the Queens yard.

It will be interesting to find out who she is and if she has any connection to the Royals.

Thinking of the possibilities, this could be a political protest, a hubby tired of his wife's obsession with the Royals, the hubby of someone who was having an affair with a Royal, a Royal who decided to either protest the restrictions on their life or to thumb their nose at their life, or just a random dump.

Going with the low-entertainment-quotient "random dump." (A good scandal would be welcomed, though.)

Wfgodot wants a royal scandal... humm what can I do to help out....

One of our members here has posted information before on the Royal family and a connection to a convicted sex offender who ,also has connections to the west mesa ,in new mexico where woman were found murdered,this guy is rumored to be close friends to one of the princes.

I will look for the WS posts,but I am just giving WFgodot something to ponder for scandals reasons...

ETA . POST LINK.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6147204&postcount=529"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6147204&postcount=529[/ame]

There are more post about the issue,on different threads I will keep digging.

AP article:

Murder most foul on UK queen's estate
---
It is not yet clear how old the victim was, how long her body had been in the woods, if she was murdered on the grounds or if her remains were put there after the slaying.
---
"I cannot confirm whether she was clothed because, at the moment, only my staff, the person who found the body and the person or people who put it there know that and I would like it to stay that way," Detective Chief Inspector Jes Fry said. "The body was found by a dog walker and was not underground. At this stage we do not know who the victim is."
---
The discovery of a body on a royal estate was not unprecedented. In November 2010, the body of Joanna Brown, 46, was found on the Crown Estate in Windsor, apparently killed by hammer blows to her head. Her estranged husband, Robert Brown, was convicted of manslaughter and sentenced to 26 years in prison.
---
more at link above

I would think that every single square inch of that place is under video surveillance (well...except for the Queen's private areas inside the estate). If the body was placed there after the use of video cameras, then hopefully they haven't taped over or discarded the footage. If it's been there for decades, then that's another story.

If it has been placed there somewhat recently, then I hope that Her Majesty's security team and anyone with access to that estate are thoroughly investigated.

The human remains discovered New Year's Day on the grounds of the London estate where Queen Elizabeth and the royal family are spending the holidays have likely been there for one to four months and are not the result of natural death or accidental injury, British police said today.
---
The body is that of a young adult female, detectives with the Joint Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team said today after conducting a post-mortem examination on the remains.

Without giving further specifics, officials involved in the examination said it is "highly unlikely" the death was a result of natural causes. Detectives also found no evidence of accidental injury, damage because of firearms or bladed weapon at the site.

Detectives said results from DNA samples taken from the body should be available within the next 24 hours, and they hope to provide more details on the cold case.
---
more here:

http://abcnews.go.com/International...tural-accident/story?id=15281474#.TwNslNT2akc

That's what the Queen said.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

And I'm sure that she said (upon hearing of the discovery of the victim): We are not amused.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Without giving further specifics, officials involved in the examination said it is "highly unlikely" the death was a result of natural causes.

Detectives also found no evidence of accidental injury, damage because of firearms or bladed weapon at the site.

Detectives said results from DNA samples taken from the body should be available within the next 24 hours, and they hope to provide more details on the cold case. Police also plan to resume their search of the area where the body was discovered Wednesday.

http://abcnews.go.com/International...tural-accident/story?id=15281474#.TwNslNT2akc

Not an accident.
Not a natural death.

That leaves suicide or murder.

She was not apparently shot or stabbed, two of the common suicide methods.

So that leaves us with:

Drowning
Poisoning
Drug overdose
Blunt force trauma/Beating
Hanging/Suffocation/Strangling/Asphyxiation in general

I might be missing something... I think that is most of them.

I am guessing that whatever happened occurred somewhere else and there isn't clear evidence at the scene.

Now my question is... how did nobody smell this earlier?
Do they not have birds there which would have showed interest?

The tiny village of Amner, near where the body was found, is the specific area in which Prince Philip has long enjoyed hunting.

I leave it to your imaginations.

I did see a show on the royal familly on the I D. Network . A mother and a daughter were fighting i think and they were sapose to have a driver instead the daughter drove and she wasn't sapose too and they went over a embankment killing the mom i think. But they rushed the daughter home so no one could see her because they say she had the steering wheel bruises or whatever. Wrong royal familly could be i have no clue about this stuff but thought i would mention it maybe that daughter died..Also Iam kinda surprised that the police can kind of take over I allways thought the royal familly has there own police and detectives seperate from the public..

I did see a show on the royal familly on the I D. Network . A mother and a daughter were fighting i think and they were sapose to have a driver instead the daughter drove and she wasn't sapose too and they went over a embankment killing the mom i think. But they rushed the daughter home so no one could see her because they say she had the steering wheel bruises or whatever. Wrong royal familly could be i have no clue about this stuff but thought i would mention it maybe that daughter died..Also Iam kinda surprised that the police can kind of take over I allways thought the royal familly has there own police and detectives seperate from the public..

Sounds like you might be referring to Grace Kelly and Princess Stephanie of Monaco. If so, it is a different royal family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back