Skater Johnny Weir Marries

Congrats to them both and I hope they have a long and happy life together!

I'm a huge fan.

Congrats to the happy couple...may they have a long and wonderful married life together!

Johnny Weir Divorce Drama: Skater Opens Up About Domestic Violence and Nude Photos, Ex Victor Voronov Responds

Brett Malec, eonline
11 hours ago

Johnny Weir 's divorce from estranged husband Victor Voronov is getting messy.

One day after the Olympic figure skate announced he and his lawyer beau had split up after less than two years of marriage, Weir is opening up about their rocky relationship in a dramatic new interview.

"I've been having a tough time at home for a long time now, and it's something that I've kept from the public," Weir, 29, told Access Hollywood . "I was losing myself by being married to my husband. I was losing my objectives in life. I was very isolated from the world." ...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20140321/b523484/

Way to air dirty laundry. Weir sounds immature. I read another quote from him saying a marriage between two guys is different because thru are both battling over who wears the pants.

Whatever. Many couples, gay or straight, have power struggles. True maturity, commitment, love and respect resolves those issues. Marriage is about compromise and not about competition.

Prior to going to Sochi as a commentator at the Olympics, Johnny and Victor had a physical fight in which Johnny bit Victor. When police came Victor had evidence of a bite mark on his body, so Johnny was arrested. After he got home after the Olympics they had to both appear in a New Jersey court, where all charges were dropped. (Which to me is kind of surprising because in a Domestic Violence I thought police no longer allowed this to happen. But hey, what do I know?)

In any case, Johnny told Access Hollywood that they had been arguing all day, he went to bed because he had to get up for work the next day, Victor came in to the bed "very drunk" (as those Russians tend to do I am sure) and wanted to have sex. Johnny declined and Victor got pushy about it and that is supposedly when the bite took place. (I wonder what part of Victor he bit?)

Nothing about how or when police became involved. But Johnny said "when Victor showed the bite mark to the police I knew that he really didn't care about me". So it must have been somewhere that it was not visibly apparent.

According to Johnny, the divorce action was prepared by his attorneys prior to him leaving for Sochi. They were not filed until he returned. Victor would have known when he was served with the papers.

According to Johnny's attorney, Victor is now on his second attorney and he is asking for $25,000 cash plus spousal support. Or else he will go to the press. Victor has not worked as a lawyer since the marriage, claiming that Johnny asked him to quit his job so he could be with Johnny all the time.

Reportedly there was no pre-nup. When there is none, New Jersey has "Equitable Distribution" for division of property. Victor is on rather weak ground due to short marriage and his level of education, ability to support himself. And Johnny apparently does not and has not led a lavish lifestyle, so the "keeping me in the style to which I have become accustomed" is likely not a factor. I don't know if Victor brought any assets into the marriage.

I've liked watching Johnny over the years. I wish he had ended this volatile relationship prior to it getting to this point. Supposedly Victor had struck him in the past, in front of friends.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/john...-threatening-marriage-exclusive_article_91937

From the above linked Daily Mail article:

"Angry Voronov, 29, claims that Weir committed multiple acts of adultery - including an affair with an unidentified Chicago club owner and sexting a *advertiser censored* star. He also says Weir is holding their dog Tema hostage.

In legal documents obtained by TMZ, Voronov also alleges that Weir forced him out of the closet during their relationship and that he married him because his life with a Georgetown-educated lawyer would make compelling reality television.

Claiming that his husband treated him like an errand boy, Voronov says that Weir was cruel to him and even forbid him from letting his dog, Tema, live with them in case it took his attention away from the ice-skater.

In addition to the allegations of adultery and cruelty, Voronov is also requesting a judge to force Weir to return property the lawyer claims the Olympian took from him.

These include 20 furs - including a $125,000 coat made from sable - a crocodile Celine bag, 40 Balenciaga bags, one green and one orange Hermes Birkin and 12 Chanel bags.

He is also claiming temporary support and legal fees.

----------------

Hummph! Well, I suspected that no Johnny Weir divorce was going to be without high, high drama. So Johnny took bunches of furs and ALL those bags! Are these handbags or clothing bags or what? (Sure sounds like somebody has a "bag fetish"!)

On a more serious note, I am vastly disappointed in Johnny. I have been a fan of his for a long time. His behaviors here have been atrocious. And if he does not watch out, he is going to end up with his skinny little butt in jail.

He is also going to likely end his budding career as a sports commentator.

Johnny Weir Calling Off Divorce? Reconciliation Terms Include No Mutual Masturbation, Sexting

by Alyssa Toomey Tue., Apr. 15, 2014 1:27 PM PDT

Have these two decided to smooth things over, crocodile Celine bag and all?!

Johnny Weir has laid down the law if he and husband Victor Voronov have any chance at reconciliation and his terms are, well, interesting to say the least.

The 29-year-old figure skater, who is currently in the midst of a bitter divorce from his ex, wrote a five-page postnup in which he details his rules for reconciliation in documents obtained by TMZ.

The document lists a number of inappropriate actions...

http://www.eonline.com/news/532196/...-terms-include-no-mutual-masturbation-sexting

I couldn't care less about them 2, I get tired when TMZ and othe celeb websites gives them attention, which is exactly what they are after. Johnny Weird only dresses like that for attention. They fight and call the media for attention. I don't read past the silly headlines. I'm very accepting of the lifestyle, my daughter is gay, she's not a gay media attention *advertiser censored* like these 2. Along with Beiber, Miley, Lilo, just go away.:twocents:

The laughable part of this is a few days ago when they released a statement asking people to respect the "privacy and integrity" of their relationship.

Ummm, THEY chose to take their fight public and air their dirty, sordid laundry. Believe me, i have NO desire to hear about their cat fights, squabbles over designer bags, masturbation habits, etc. Shame on them for their public cat fights.

Perhaps they might want to consult a dictionary and read up on "privacy" and "integrity" to learn more about those 2 words before using them.

I couldn't care less about them 2, I get tired when TMZ and othe celeb websites gives them attention, which is exactly what they are after. Johnny Weird only dresses like that for attention. They fight and call the media for attention. I don't read past the silly headlines. I'm very accepting of the lifestyle, my daughter is gay, she's not a gay media attention *advertiser censored* like these 2. Along with Beiber, Miley, Lilo, just go away.:twocents:

Don't forget Tori ;)

Never thought I'd say it but, yeah, this one has jumped the shark with TMI.

I know he is a drama queen, he shouldn't air his dirty, attention seeking laundry in public, but heck, I like him. I can't exactly place why, but I do. Maybe because he is such a drama queen, maybe because he makes me laugh but I like the dude.. Takes his silly self so serious. I get a kick out of it.

Goz:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back