1208 users online (205 members and 1003 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 348
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,769

    Why have Lisa's parents stopped talking to the media?

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the last time the Irwins made a media appearance was on Halloween....two months ago. If they are innocent, and believe that their baby was kidnapped, why aren't they keeping her name out there? Remember when we had daily MSM threads about this case? Why does it feel like her parents want the case to fade away?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sacramento CA
    Posts
    9,497
    Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the last time the Irwins made a media appearance was on Halloween....two months ago. If they are innocent, and believe that their baby was kidnapped, why aren't they keeping her name out there? Remember when we had daily MSM threads about this case? Why does it feel like her parents want the case to fade away?
    I wish that DB/JI would be more vocal with the media. If just for the fact that some people don't care for lawyer's speaking for them. I'm not sure that the lack of media contact means that their guilty of some kind of wrong doing. I'm also not sure that the media would spend a lot of time covering them saying "bring Lisa home" and "please help us find Lisa" after three months have gone by. Without any new information being released, what would the story be for media to publish or broadcast?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,202
    Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    I wish that DB/JI would be more vocal with the media. If just for the fact that some people don't care for lawyer's speaking for them. I'm not sure that the lack of media contact means that their guilty of some kind of wrong doing. I'm also not sure that the media would spend a lot of time covering them saying "bring Lisa home" and "please help us find Lisa" after three months have gone by. Without any new information being released, what would the story be for media to publish or broadcast?
    I don't know if the parents speaking out now would get them on any of the morning shows at this point. I tend to think they are still newsworthy. But no way Vinnie, JVM or NG wouldn't like to interview them. All MOO.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sacramento CA
    Posts
    9,497
    Quote Originally Posted by deoneta View Post
    I don't know if the Irwins speaking out now would get them on any of the morning shows at this point. I tend to think they are still newsworthy. But no way Vinnie, JVM or NG wouldn't like to interview them. All MOO.
    Sure, they would be good for maybe one round of all those shows. Long term to keep Lisa in the news, I"m not so sure. If they really wanted to do those appearances, they should have done it before now and not leave it to their lawyers to do it for them.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    15,410
    Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the last time the Irwins made a media appearance was on Halloween....two months ago. If they are innocent, and believe that their baby was kidnapped, why aren't they keeping her name out there? Remember when we had daily MSM threads about this case? Why does it feel like her parents want the case to fade away?

    BBM: JMO and MOO ... because they are "guilty" ... DB knows exactly what happened to Baby Lisa ...

    Deborah and Jeremy "lawyered up" and when they did so, their lawyers told them to "shut up" ...

    And that way ... nothing that they say can be used against them in a court of law ... that is, if the "body" is found ... again ALL JMO ...

    Very telling ... very, very telling ... NO more "pleas" for the "kidnapper" to return Lisa ...

    MOO ...
    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,962
    It's working isn't it? They aren't talking and they aren't in jail. I think that is their main goal. Period.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,209
    Quote Originally Posted by norest4thewicked View Post
    It's working isn't it? They aren't talking and they aren't in jail. I think that is their main goal. Period.
    Yes, norest, it is so unfortunate that it is working in their favor. Do you think the defence attorneys can have a confortable nights sleep????

    Sooo sad, that darling little girl, and no one has the b___s to step up 4 this crime, no man/woman will admit what they/she/he did too cover up for this horrid, horrid death!
    Last edited by ynotdivein; 04-02-2012 at 12:04 PM. Reason: fixed broken quote

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,769
    I have a hard time believing that the Irwins have stopped talking to the media because the media isn't interested anymore. We are talking about a case that was on the cover of People magazine, and on many national TV shows. The Irwins could have definitely spoken to the media a few times between Halloween and now.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sacramento CA
    Posts
    9,497
    Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    I have a hard time believing that the Irwins have stopped talking to the media because the media isn't interested anymore. We are talking about a case that was on the cover of People magazine, and on many national TV shows. The Irwins could have definitely spoken to the media a few times between Halloween and now.
    I would guess that they stopped talking directly to the media because their lawyers directed them not to. The question is, should they have followed that advice? What do you think eileen?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,087
    Nothing would stop be from being in the medias face....not even a hot shot lawyer. I would be pleading my heart out to the kidnapper for the return of my baby...but then again if there was no kidnapper....what would you plea for????? So that tells me why they are not speaking to the media!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,962
    Who thinks that DB and JI have stopped talking to the media because of what their lawyers are telling them to do? What other parents have stopped talking to the media, if any? Of the ones who have stopped talking to the media, how many were eventually brought to trial?
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.





    https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    SWO :)
    Posts
    4,577
    "One shot on the evening news is worth 20,000 posters" -- Patrick Sessions (from NCMEC's "Family Survival Guide")
    *** THIS POST IS JMO (unless a link is provided) AND IS ONLY FOR USE ON WEBSLEUTHS -- PLEASE DO NOT LINK OR COPY IT ELSEWHERE ***

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,209
    We know why they have stopped talking to the media and LE. Let's move on, shall we, they are: G.U.I.L.T.Y.

    ALSO, what happened to the kitten?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    I am here!
    Posts
    1,807
    IMO, They aren't speaking to local media, b/c, IMO, the media twists things, i honestly think that is the reason behind them doing the DrPhil show. To not just tell the locals, hey stop saying bad things about us, but to tell the world. (IMO, that appearence had NOTHING to do with Lisa at all) DB cares way too much of what the world thinks of her and Jermey, the way i have viewed this case, MUCH more than they care about their daughter being returned.

    All JMO
    If it doesn't make sense, it is a LIE ........Judge Judy

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    488
    I haven't seen the media twist anything in this case. The only ones twisting things are the parents with their constant story changes.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Baby Lisa's parents attend vigil for missing woman
    By KsStormy in forum Lisa Irwin
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-18-2013, 03:17 PM
  2. Lisa's Parents Want New Detectives
    By Trubie in forum Lisa Irwin
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 09:36 PM
  3. Baby Lisa's Parents To Move Back Into Home
    By tehcloser in forum Lisa Irwin
    Replies: 214
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 06:57 PM
  4. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 09:11 PM
  5. Parents of baby Lisa Press Release 10/21/11
    By SmoothOperator in forum Lisa Irwin
    Replies: 234
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 09:52 PM

Tags for this Thread