Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 348
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacie Estes View Post
    BBM

    That is an opinion; not everyone shares it.
    Actually, it isn't an opinion. The public that they feel is "out to get them" wants them to talk to LE. Of course those who are DB/JI supporters don't feel this way. I never said they did.
    Please consider my comments as my opinion. I don't ask that you agree with me and you are free to scroll past my post. Thanks for respecting my opinion as much as I respect yours.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    Please help identify the unidentified photos found in the storage locker of serial killer, Rodney Alcala.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-F...61183953929612


  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norest4thewicked For This Useful Post:


  3. #122
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,230
    Quote Originally Posted by norest4thewicked View Post
    Actually, it isn't an opinion. The public that they feel is "out to get them" wants them to talk to LE. Of course those who are DB/JI supporters don't feel this way. I never said they did.
    The difference here though is they could walk up to the station today and a majority of the public isn't going to change their viewpoint.


  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:


  5. #123
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,876
    Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    I'm just telling you what has been posted on this particular topic (family support) in the 6+ months this case has been going on. I'm sure there is many people in their ear and it's not just lawyers. It's up to you to choose to believe it.
    I appreciate your pointing out your opinion. But, my point was that there is no way that any one of us can know that their family and friends are telling them to do one thing or another. As a matter of fact, I can't even imagine that anyone in their right mind would tell a friend or family member to NOT talk to LE. But, that's just me.
    Please consider my comments as my opinion. I don't ask that you agree with me and you are free to scroll past my post. Thanks for respecting my opinion as much as I respect yours.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    Please help identify the unidentified photos found in the storage locker of serial killer, Rodney Alcala.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-F...61183953929612


  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to norest4thewicked For This Useful Post:


  7. #124
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,876
    Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    The difference here though is they could walk up to the station today and a majority of the public isn't going to change their viewpoint.
    And, again, how in the world would anyone know that?
    Last edited by norest4thewicked; 04-03-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    Please consider my comments as my opinion. I don't ask that you agree with me and you are free to scroll past my post. Thanks for respecting my opinion as much as I respect yours.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    Please help identify the unidentified photos found in the storage locker of serial killer, Rodney Alcala.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-F...61183953929612


  8. #125
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,230
    Quote Originally Posted by norest4thewicked View Post
    I appreciate your pointing out your opinion. But, my point was that there is no way that any one of us can know that their family and friends are telling them to do one thing or another. As a matter of fact, I can't even imagine that anyone in their right mind would tell a friend or family member to NOT talk to LE. But, that's just me.
    There may be some that are telling them to talk, but I'm sure there are some and maybe more that are telling them not too. Take AI? Do you think AI has been critical of the parents? If she has, I haven't seen it, at least not publically.

    Remember, in their minds (parents and those who support them), they have already talked to LE and nothing more can come out of additional talks that will help find BL but interrogations and character assassination. I never said it's a rational thought because I don't believe it is.


  9. #126
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,230
    Quote Originally Posted by norest4thewicked View Post
    And, again, how in the world would you know that?
    Would you change your view if they talked to LE today? From guilty to fence? Maybe I should put up a poll and ask that question? Want to take bets on what the result would be?


  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:


  11. #127
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by norest4thewicked View Post
    Actually, it isn't an opinion. The public that they feel is "out to get them" wants them to talk to LE. Of course those who are DB/JI supporters don't feel this way. I never said they did.

    Not necessarily, I think I would be considered a supporter of DB / JI, and I DO think and want them to talk to LE.
    The media, doesn't bother me if they do or not.


  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Ol Me For This Useful Post:


  13. #128
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,876
    Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    There may be some that are telling them to talk, but I'm sure there are some and maybe more that are telling them not too. Take AI? Do you think AI has been critical of the parents? If she has, I haven't seen it, at least not publically.

    Remember, in their minds (parents and those who support them), they have already talked to LE and nothing more can come out of additional talks that will help find BL but interrogations and character assassination. I never said it's a rational thought because I don't believe it is.
    Thank you for clarifying that you don't believe that it is a rational thought, because, in my opinion, those who do believe this are not playing with a full deck!

    I still don't believe that any of us can assume what is in the minds of anyone else, including friends/family of DB and JI. And, I just can't believe that in this day and age, people are still out there who actually believe that a person is better off shutting down and not talking to LE in a case like this UNLESS they know there is guilt. It just makes no sense to me.
    Please consider my comments as my opinion. I don't ask that you agree with me and you are free to scroll past my post. Thanks for respecting my opinion as much as I respect yours.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    Please help identify the unidentified photos found in the storage locker of serial killer, Rodney Alcala.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-F...61183953929612


  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norest4thewicked For This Useful Post:


  15. #129
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,876
    Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    Would you change your view if they talked to LE today? From guilty to fence? Maybe I should put up a poll and ask that question? Want to take bets on what the result would be?
    You know, I might. I can't say for sure what I would feel. If something came to light that explained why all of this hinky stuff has been going on, perhaps I would. Remember, I WAS on the side of DB and JI in the beginning. I went from supporter of parents to the fence to not believing the parents. I didn't stubbornly stay at one spot and refuse to move on. I went where the facts we know took me.

    Maybe you should take a poll. I don't believe anymore that anyone posts here who is on the fence. It's DB supporters against DB non supporters. The informal definition of a fence sitter is one who takes a position of neutrality or indecision, as in a controversial matter. I think it is crystal clear here that there is no one (or very few) posting who could be within this definition. I mean, ALL of us could say we were "on the fence", knowing that if DB/JI miraculously came out innocent, we could say that we were on the fence. But, reality is obvious that we never hear any neutrality here from either of us and our counterparts. It might feel better to say we are on the fence, but I can't say that I am because it wouldn't feel like I was being honest to myself. And, that's all I'm going to say about that for now. Purely my opinion and a glaringly obvious one to me.

    Try the poll. Maybe it will actually bring out the true fence sitters and we might get another opinion on this. I truly would like to hear what they say on this.
    Please consider my comments as my opinion. I don't ask that you agree with me and you are free to scroll past my post. Thanks for respecting my opinion as much as I respect yours.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    Please help identify the unidentified photos found in the storage locker of serial killer, Rodney Alcala.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-F...61183953929612


  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to norest4thewicked For This Useful Post:


  17. #130
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,230
    Quote Originally Posted by norest4thewicked View Post
    You know, I might. I can't say for sure what I would feel. If something came to light that explained why all of this hinky stuff has been going on, perhaps I would. Remember, I WAS on the side of DB and JI in the beginning. I went from supporter of parents to the fence to not believing the parents. I didn't stubbornly stay at one spot and refuse to move on. I went where the facts we know took me.

    Maybe you should take a poll. I don't believe anymore that anyone posts here who is on the fence. It's DB supporters against DB non supporters. The informal definition of a fence sitter is one who takes a position of neutrality or indecision, as in a controversial matter. I think it is crystal clear here that there is no one (or very few) posting who could be within this definition. I mean, ALL of us could say we were "on the fence", knowing that if DB/JI miraculously came out innocent, we could say that we were on the fence. But, reality is obvious that we never hear any neutrality here from either of us and our counterparts. It might feel better to say we are on the fence, but I can't say that I am because it wouldn't feel like I was being honest to myself. And, that's all I'm going to say about that for now. Purely my opinion and a glaringly obvious one to me.

    Try the poll. Maybe it will actually bring out the true fence sitters and we might get another opinion on this. I truly would like to hear what they say on this.
    Your wish is my command. New poll is up.


  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:


  19. #131
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    southwest Indiana
    Posts
    5,005
    I don't see anything pointing to their guilt other than some actions and reactions that can be considered questionable. I am not sure what evidence I would need to conclude they are innocent, so that to me makes me a fence sitter, leaning toward SODDI.

    Just thought I'd throw that in since this thread seems to be about anything and everything again.
    Anything worth dewing, is worth dewing well!
    Proud parent of 3 rescued schnauzers


  20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dewey2Me1MoThyme For This Useful Post:


  21. #132
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,967
    HLN is about to discuss baby Lisa case....


  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:


  23. #133
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,876
    I missed it! Hopefully I can catch Jim Spellman tonight!
    Please consider my comments as my opinion. I don't ask that you agree with me and you are free to scroll past my post. Thanks for respecting my opinion as much as I respect yours.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    Please help identify the unidentified photos found in the storage locker of serial killer, Rodney Alcala.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-F...61183953929612


  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norest4thewicked For This Useful Post:


  25. #134
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,800
    This is my theory about why the parents are dealing with the media the way they are:

    I think they are only popping up in the media every few months because it allows them to claim that they are keeping the case alive, HOWEVER, when the case goes months without being mentioned by any media outlet; its appeal, public interest, notoriety, recognition, etc all drop. Back in October, it was the hot case so anything Deborah and Jeremy said would be analyzed by all media. But now, it's a cold case, and there are thousands of cold cases out there. Deborah and Jeremy can give one small interview, and they don't have to worry about it generating a huge media blitz with the entire country suspecting them again. Just look at the attention given to their 6-month-mark interviews; just local. I think the goal is to let the case be forgotten, but not be too obvious about it.


  26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:


  27. #135
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    This is my theory about why the parents are dealing with the media the way they are:

    I think they are only popping up in the media every few months because it allows them to claim that they are keeping the case alive, HOWEVER, when the case goes months without being mentioned by any media outlet; its appeal, public interest, notoriety, recognition, etc all drop. Back in October, it was the hot case so anything Deborah and Jeremy said would be analyzed by all media. But now, it's a cold case, and there are thousands of cold cases out there. Deborah and Jeremy can give one small interview, and they don't have to worry about it generating a huge media blitz with the entire country suspecting them again. Just look at the attention given to their 6-month-mark interviews; just local. I think the goal is to let the case be forgotten, but not be too obvious about it.
    I think you are correct. This would also explain the crazy antics of those who attack people who speculate about the parents... 24/hr shifts of Facebook posters under one name who are always at the ready to easily explain away any and all offensive questions about the parents... but then the influx of multiple persons(fake pages) to attack people when "the story" isn't bought hook,line & sinker.


  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KsStormy For This Useful Post:


Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lisa's Parents Want New Detectives
    By Trubie in forum Lisa Irwin
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 09:36 PM
  2. Baby Lisa's Parents To Move Back Into Home
    By tehcloser in forum Lisa Irwin
    Replies: 214
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 06:57 PM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 09:11 PM
  4. Tina Porter Offers Support To Baby Lisa's Parents
    By Debthree in forum Lisa Irwin
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 10-30-2011, 10:04 AM
  5. Parents of baby Lisa Press Release 10/21/11
    By SmoothOperator in forum Lisa Irwin
    Replies: 234
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 09:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •