Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: GA - Stacey Nicole English, 36, Atlanta, 25 Dec 2011

Quote Originally Posted by iamnotagolem View Post
    I was doing some reading on exposure, or hypothermia, and found this interesting:

I still don't understand her being there at that location at that time, why would she have driven there after RK left? Did she just wander around until hypothermia set in?

I really hope we get some answers.
    That is interesting about the burrowing...?
    Maybe she did dig herself a spot under the tree?
    As far as being where she was found, that part may never be known. Maybe she did not even know where she was driving and just ended up there. I'm not sure there will be any satisfactory answers.
    Just my opinion, of course.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    That is interesting about the burrowing...?
    Maybe she did dig herself a spot under the tree?
    As far as being where she was found, that part may never be known. Maybe she did not even know where she was driving and just ended up there. I'm not sure there will be any satisfactory answers.
    We may never know .

Where her car was found/impounded .... was the seat in "Stacey's position" or moved back????? Dirt on the floorboard/gas pedal?????? Were there fingerprints in her car (steering wheel, door handle, etc)?????? IF none then why not SE fingerprint's = wiped clean??? Was there a print on the key that was left in the ignition? All the ????? are clues for LE.

I trust the LE and FBI on this case. We'll see. RIP Stacey.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    We may never know .

Where her car was found/impounded .... was the seat in "Stacey's position" or moved back????? Dirt on the floorboard/gas pedal?????? Were there fingerprints in her car (steering wheel, door handle, etc)?????? IF none then why not SE fingerprint's = wiped clean??? Was there a print on the key that was left in the ignition? All the ????? are clues for LE.

I trust the LE and FBI on this case. We'll see. RIP Stacey.
    I am thinking (hoping) that since LE said they are not treating this case as a homicide that there were no signs of anyone else having driven the car or moved the seat etc....hoping meaning that they examined the car, which I feel certain they must have done. This is a big city with plenty of homicides, unfortunately. They must have experienced detectives. In any case, there seems to be nothing pointing to the involvement of another person or an injury done to her body.

I know it is bizarre, but I really think she did drive herself there and left her vehicle (running) and was in some kind of a "break" from reality, something like that, and may have just stayed out there so long that her body temp dropped, etc...I am not sure of the temp, that night (will look it up) but even in GA, it would be cold in December. That is the only thing I can think of that would account for no verifiable cause of death as yet. If no drugs are found in her system, I think she must have died of exposure-that probably would not be verifiable after her body was in the elements for a number of days/weeks.

I wouldn't think so, if she had not been acting in a bizarre fashion, according to two separate sources unknown to each other. And of course this is just my opinion.

Okay, the temp for each of the nights between Dec. 25-31st was either 31 or 32 degrees. So it would have been cold enough, IMO, to become disoriented, possibly hypothermic.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

My guess is the car has no valuable information b/c the scene was contaminated. The police didn't even realize it had been impounded until days later. My guess is whoever found it touched stuff, the towing company touched stuff, moved the seat, etc.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to iamnotagolem For This Useful Post:

Does anyone know when to expect the 'cause of death' announcement?

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to OnYourCase For This Useful Post:

Has anyone heard or read anything as far as an update on this case?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JustyThoughts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JustyThoughts View Post
    Has anyone heard or read anything as far as an update on this case?
    I just googled her name and there doesn't seem to be anything new.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

Bumping for Stacey!
    Just my opinion.

Be thankful for each day. Live in the moment.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to No Stone Unturned For This Useful Post:

Fulton ME: Stacey English died from hypothermia

ShareThis
    Print
    By Christian Boone

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Stacey English, the Buckhead woman missing for nearly a month before her body was discovered nestled in a hole in a wooded area near Lakewood Fairgrounds, died from hypothermia, the Fulton County medical examiner announced Tuesday.

"The most likely cause of Stacey English’s death is cold exposure (hypothermia) complicating underlying neurological and psychiatric disorders," according to a statement released by the medical examiner. "Because cold exposure is an external, environmental condition, the manner of death has been classified as accident."

English's Volvo S260 was discovered, with the engine running, on Dec. 27 less than a mile away from the wooded area where two men searching for scrap metal found her body Jan. 23. The 36-year-old SunTrust instructional designer was reported missing by family members Dec. 31.

Return for updates.

R.I.P. Stacey

I am terribly sorry that something happened to you in your mind that you couldn't explain. I wish that you would have received help!

19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:

Thank you for posting the update GeorgiaPeach1. I am adding some additional information printed in the Atl. Journal Constitution report:

There was no evidence of bodily harm, and toxicology tests showed no evidence of a drug overdose, the Medical Examiner's Office said in a statement.

"Based on a combination of information sources including the autopsy, the sequence of events and circumstances, toxicology results, medical and mental health records, and statements of witnesses and acquaintances, the most likely cause of Stacey English’s death is cold exposure complicating underlying neurological and psychiatric disorders," the statement reads.

"Because cold exposure is an external, environmental condition, the manner of death has been classified as accident.

Atlanta police said in a statement they now consider the case closed "as a result of the findings of the Fulton County Medical Examiner’s Office and the investigation conducted by the Atlanta Police Homicide Unit."

It is difficult for me to understand how it happened and she got where she was found; but it seems they found no evidence to point to any other way she died. If the case is closed, as stated, this is one that will always leave me wondering what really happened. RIP Stacey.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JustyThoughts For This Useful Post:

I am glad no one chose to harm Stacey. I do find it odd that her body was wedged under a tree.

Is it possible that a psychiatric break would cause someone to flee their home with the fireplace on, leave re-entry key behind, drive car to a location, leave car running and abandon it, and then head a few blocks away and cram themselves under a tree?
    Just my opinion.

Be thankful for each day. Live in the moment.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to No Stone Unturned For This Useful Post:

I wonder what they are referring to with : neurological disorder? I looked it up and it's sort of "implies" that she had a serious problem. It's really none of my business, but I was curious.

RIP Stacey. Peace to all those that loved her.
    "Normal" is just a setting on a dryer.

Love the people God gave you because He will need them back one day.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by No Stone Unturned View Post
    I am glad no one chose to harm Stacey. I do find it odd that her body was wedged under a tree.

Is it possible that a psychiatric break would cause someone to flee their home with the fireplace on, leave re-entry key behind, drive car to a location, leave car running and abandon it, and then head a few blocks away and cram themselves under a tree?
    I still don't think she was alone when she left her home, and someone else is involved in this and bears some responsibility. Prayers for her family. They deserve to know exactly what happened to her.

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to log1c_cat For This Useful Post:

I do believe she was alone...I think the open car door speaks to that, to a state of agitation, and that perhaps she began to "burrow" when her temp, dropped, leading to the position she was supposedly found in. Someone here posted that "burrowing" is a symptom of hypothermia. I think that she had a "break" of some sort that worsened that evening or the next day. If someone wanted to kill her, they could have made it impossible to find her, and left her car far from her body. I think that her death is a tragedy, but not a crime. JMO

29. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I do believe she was alone...I think the open car door speaks to that, to a state of agitation, and that perhaps she began to "burrow" when her temp, dropped, leading to the position she was supposedly found in. Someone here posted that "burrowing" is a symptom of hypothermia. I think that she had a "break" of some sort that worsened that evening or the next day. If someone wanted to kill her, they could have made it impossible to find her, and left her car far from her body. I think that her death is a tragedy, but not a crime. JMO
    But wouldn't "burrowing" be for someone that was in a location that they couldn't get out of?? I can't imagine someone just sitting there allowing themselves to freeze to death if they didn't have to. I could see someone lost in the forest or mountains or something along those lines....but to freeze to death when you could simply walk back to your car, or to the road? Naw I'm not buying it.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to always reading For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by always reading View Post
    But wouldn't "burrowing" be for someone that was in a location that they couldn't get out of?? I can't imagine someone just sitting there allowing themselves to freeze to death if they didn't have to. I could see someone lost in the forest or mountains or something along those lines....but to freeze to death when you could simply walk back to your car, or to the road? Naw I'm not buying it.
    Her mind wasn't working right to begin with: talking about the end of the world, demons being after her, asking her friend if he was the devil, etc. Then she started getting too cold, and hypothermia causes a change in thinking, too. And scientifically, it's known to make a person start "burrowing". I thought that hypothermia makes people think they are actually too warm, when in reality they are freezing to death--so I'm surprised she was found with clothes on. Maybe hypothermia is different with different individuals. We also don't know what medicine she was taking and for what medical condition, and that could have played a part in this, too.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

She could have just gotten lost, maybe sat down to try to get her thoughts together. Maybe she fell asleep and hypothermia started setting in, then began the burrowing.

Until I read about the burrowing, I really thought this was going to be a homicide.

IMO, I still think her boyfriend should have had the decency to tell her parents that she wasn't acting right. Do something! To just rush home and not care whether she was found or not? I'm sure it's not criminal, but he could have prevented her death if they would have known something wasn't right and could have been looking for her that night.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamnotagolem For This Useful Post:

She could have just gotten lost, maybe sat down to try to get her thoughts together. Maybe she fell asleep and hypothermia started setting in, then began the burrowing.

Until I read about the burrowing, I really thought this was going to be a homicide.

IMO, I still think her boyfriend should have had the decency to tell her parents that she wasn't acting right. Do something! To just rush home and not care whether she was found or not? I'm sure it's not criminal, but he could have prevented her death if they would have known something wasn't right and could have been looking for her that night.
    I'm still not sure how strong that relationship was - at least on HIS side, but what bothers me is her friend she had lunch with right before disappearing. She also stated she was acting odd - why didn't she call Stacey's parents and let them know? Especially if she was familiar with her past history. I'm sure though no one dreamed things would end up so horribly.

Not pointing fingers, just a lesson learned for the future. If a friend is troubled, not acting right, please let someone in their family know - if not - take them to get help. Something.

So sorry for Stacey's family - she seemed like a special person, and I know she'll be missed.
    “A person's a person, no matter how small.”

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

“If you want to catch beasts you don't see every day, you have to go places quite out of the way,
    You have to go places no others can get to.
    You have to get cold and you have to get wet, too.” ― Dr. Seuss

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mahoolin For This Useful Post:

I was doing some reading on exposure, or hypothermia, and found this interesting:

I still don't understand her being there at that location at that time, why would she have driven there after RK left? Did she just wander around until hypothermia set in?

I really hope we get some answers.
    BBM
    I am having a hard time reconciling this one, but the only thing I can think of is she was running from someone/something - either real but most likely in her mind.

It's just hard to imagine driving in a condition like that. Although, I feel like my car takes me places sometimes instead of me doing the driving
    I guess in a way after years of driving, it's all rather automated at times.

If she was running away from her car (from whatever) and tried to hide behind the tree trunk, maybe hypothermia set in while she was hiding and she was even less able to think clearly enough to help herself?

So sad.
    “A person's a person, no matter how small.”

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

“If you want to catch beasts you don't see every day, you have to go places quite out of the way,
    You have to go places no others can get to.
    You have to get cold and you have to get wet, too.” ― Dr. Seuss

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mahoolin For This Useful Post:

Stacey's death was a tragedy; that is for sure. Until and unless some new information comes forth (next week, next month/year or 5 years from now) this will remain the official finding.

In reading the comments from the medical examiner's office, I am struck by the notion that they do not have "factual evidence" of how her death came to be (as evidenced by the use of the word "likely"). Seems to me that they had to come to this conclusion (or have a finding of "inconclusive") - because they also did not have "factual evidence" of an abduction, struggle, murder, suicide or any other evidence of foul play. From the investigation/evidence they collected, there was a process of elimination of causes. Finding none, they made a judgement call based on factors present.

While there is the possibility that she was experiencing a "break" and got herself to Lakewood in her car, got out and walked almost a mile to some woods, crawled under a tree trunk, hunkered down and died - to me that scenario will always seem remote - but is it possible? I guess it could have happened that way.
    My gut feeling, at 60 years old, is that there was more to it than this; but we will likely never know more facts of that night. One disappointment is that LE has now closed the case and reportedly will have nothing more to say about it or answer any questions; but I guess they have done what they can at this point. It is a sad case. Trusting that Stacey is at peace. Thank you to everyone who posted ideas, concern and comments on this thread. Your time and posts speak to your interest and caring about the truth and justice for Stacey.

41. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JustyThoughts For This Useful Post:

The "Stacey Nicole English Act" is long but it states in part " ...the commissioner shall provide to an applicant an opportunity to designate an alternative emergency contact number, which shall be available to law enforcement...." We have successfully raised the awareness for treating a running vehicle in the middle of the road as a possible crime scene or a person maybe endangered. This act will inevitably save lives. We want to thank everyone who has stood behind us to support this bill.
    http://www.facebook.com/HelpUsFindSt...wall&filter=12
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Victim's parents push for speedier missing persons reports

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...ns-repo/nWnNm/
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikkismom For This Useful Post:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...women-U-S.html

Just found this thread because of Stacey's name and pic. in this 2012 article. fwiw.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...women-U-S.html

"A renewed campaign to highlight hundreds of missing African-American women has been launched amid ongoing criticism that less attention is given to their cases by authorities and the media.

According to the National Crime Information Center, nearly 40 per cent of those who have disappeared, often in suspicious circumstances, are black. However critics allege that public attention mainly focuses on white women who have vanished.

According to the Black And Missing Foundation, most women disappear in the states of New York, Georgia, North Carolina, Maryland and Florida".

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz34czV79mI
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

47. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021