Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37
    Quote Originally Posted by log1c_cat View Post
    That's what I'm saying! I believe she died of hypothermia, but how did she get under the tree? Someone else has some, if not all, responsibility for that. This finding raises more questions than answers and is bound to bring the family only more pain.
    Perhaps she was lost and climbed under the tree for shelter or to hide?

Seems she was having some mental health issues and wasn't thinking rationally.

I do believe she was alone...I think the open car door speaks to that, to a state of agitation, and that perhaps she began to "burrow" when her temp, dropped, leading to the position she was supposedly found in. Someone here posted that "burrowing" is a symptom of hypothermia. I think that she had a "break" of some sort that worsened that evening or the next day. If someone wanted to kill her, they could have made it impossible to find her, and left her car far from her body. I think that her death is a tragedy, but not a crime. JMO
    Just my opinion, of course.

3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Now that we know the COD It makes sence that they found her where they did .HYPO isn't the kinda thing you just get a pain and drop dead It's something that can take hours and in those hours all kinds of things start happening to you. your blood isn't gonna be circulating through out your body as much , Which is gonna start depriving yur brain of Oxygen when that starts you start feeling sleepy and your helucinating ,seeing things that arent there .I have even seen where your sweating and your burning up so you think and you start taking off your clothing like your jacket and sweatshirt , Your brain isn't getting the oxygen it needs and you go in to shock your mind is playing games with you eventually your gonna get so tired all u can think off is just resting your head and thats why i think she got so wedged to the tree ..Thats just some of the things i thought about after hearing they found a body and the strange placement of her body then knowing what she died of .Too me it fits. the ending I mean the place she was found and COD thats all iam talking about I dont know much about her case and how she even went missing or got to where she entered the woods Ill have to catch up.
    Everything I Write Is JMHO ..

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I do believe she was alone...I think the open car door speaks to that, to a state of agitation, and that perhaps she began to "burrow" when her temp, dropped, leading to the position she was supposedly found in. Someone here posted that "burrowing" is a symptom of hypothermia. I think that she had a "break" of some sort that worsened that evening or the next day. If someone wanted to kill her, they could have made it impossible to find her, and left her car far from her body. I think that her death is a tragedy, but not a crime. JMO
    But wouldn't "burrowing" be for someone that was in a location that they couldn't get out of?? I can't imagine someone just sitting there allowing themselves to freeze to death if they didn't have to. I could see someone lost in the forest or mountains or something along those lines....but to freeze to death when you could simply walk back to your car, or to the road? Naw I'm not buying it.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to always reading For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by always reading View Post
    But wouldn't "burrowing" be for someone that was in a location that they couldn't get out of?? I can't imagine someone just sitting there allowing themselves to freeze to death if they didn't have to. I could see someone lost in the forest or mountains or something along those lines....but to freeze to death when you could simply walk back to your car, or to the road? Naw I'm not buying it.
    Her mind wasn't working right to begin with: talking about the end of the world, demons being after her, asking her friend if he was the devil, etc. Then she started getting too cold, and hypothermia causes a change in thinking, too. And scientifically, it's known to make a person start "burrowing". I thought that hypothermia makes people think they are actually too warm, when in reality they are freezing to death--so I'm surprised she was found with clothes on. Maybe hypothermia is different with different individuals. We also don't know what medicine she was taking and for what medical condition, and that could have played a part in this, too.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

She could have just gotten lost, maybe sat down to try to get her thoughts together. Maybe she fell asleep and hypothermia started setting in, then began the burrowing.

Until I read about the burrowing, I really thought this was going to be a homicide.

IMO, I still think her boyfriend should have had the decency to tell her parents that she wasn't acting right. Do something! To just rush home and not care whether she was found or not? I'm sure it's not criminal, but he could have prevented her death if they would have known something wasn't right and could have been looking for her that night.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamnotagolem For This Useful Post:

According to the AJC, LE is closing the case, which to me is just wrong. No one saw her or tried to help her in her delusional state? Thanks for trying to explain hypothermia Canmaneh, I know that LE always worries about it when people go missing in the mountains or in rural areas during the night or winter, but she was in an Atlanta neighborhood. I feel badly for her parents.
    God Bless Jorelys

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Openmyeyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by iamnotagolem View Post
    She could have just gotten lost, maybe sat down to try to get her thoughts together. Maybe she fell asleep and hypothermia started setting in, then began the burrowing.

Until I read about the burrowing, I really thought this was going to be a homicide.

IMO, I still think her boyfriend should have had the decency to tell her parents that she wasn't acting right. Do something! To just rush home and not care whether she was found or not? I'm sure it's not criminal, but he could have prevented her death if they would have known something wasn't right and could have been looking for her that night.
    I'm still not sure how strong that relationship was - at least on HIS side, but what bothers me is her friend she had lunch with right before disappearing. She also stated she was acting odd - why didn't she call Stacey's parents and let them know? Especially if she was familiar with her past history. I'm sure though no one dreamed things would end up so horribly.

Not pointing fingers, just a lesson learned for the future. If a friend is troubled, not acting right, please let someone in their family know - if not - take them to get help. Something.

So sorry for Stacey's family - she seemed like a special person, and I know she'll be missed.
    “A person's a person, no matter how small.”

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

“If you want to catch beasts you don't see every day, you have to go places quite out of the way,
    You have to go places no others can get to.
    You have to get cold and you have to get wet, too.” ― Dr. Seuss

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mahoolin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by iamnotagolem View Post
    I was doing some reading on exposure, or hypothermia, and found this interesting:

I still don't understand her being there at that location at that time, why would she have driven there after RK left? Did she just wander around until hypothermia set in?

I really hope we get some answers.
    BBM
    I am having a hard time reconciling this one, but the only thing I can think of is she was running from someone/something - either real but most likely in her mind.

It's just hard to imagine driving in a condition like that. Although, I feel like my car takes me places sometimes instead of me doing the driving
    I guess in a way after years of driving, it's all rather automated at times.

If she was running away from her car (from whatever) and tried to hide behind the tree trunk, maybe hypothermia set in while she was hiding and she was even less able to think clearly enough to help herself?

So sad.
    “A person's a person, no matter how small.”

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

“If you want to catch beasts you don't see every day, you have to go places quite out of the way,
    You have to go places no others can get to.
    You have to get cold and you have to get wet, too.” ― Dr. Seuss

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mahoolin For This Useful Post:

Stacey's death was a tragedy; that is for sure. Until and unless some new information comes forth (next week, next month/year or 5 years from now) this will remain the official finding.

In reading the comments from the medical examiner's office, I am struck by the notion that they do not have "factual evidence" of how her death came to be (as evidenced by the use of the word "likely"). Seems to me that they had to come to this conclusion (or have a finding of "inconclusive") - because they also did not have "factual evidence" of an abduction, struggle, murder, suicide or any other evidence of foul play. From the investigation/evidence they collected, there was a process of elimination of causes. Finding none, they made a judgement call based on factors present.

While there is the possibility that she was experiencing a "break" and got herself to Lakewood in her car, got out and walked almost a mile to some woods, crawled under a tree trunk, hunkered down and died - to me that scenario will always seem remote - but is it possible? I guess it could have happened that way.
    My gut feeling, at 60 years old, is that there was more to it than this; but we will likely never know more facts of that night. One disappointment is that LE has now closed the case and reportedly will have nothing more to say about it or answer any questions; but I guess they have done what they can at this point. It is a sad case. Trusting that Stacey is at peace. Thank you to everyone who posted ideas, concern and comments on this thread. Your time and posts speak to your interest and caring about the truth and justice for Stacey.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JustyThoughts For This Useful Post:

The "Stacey Nicole English Act" is long but it states in part " ...the commissioner shall provide to an applicant an opportunity to designate an alternative emergency contact number, which shall be available to law enforcement...." We have successfully raised the awareness for treating a running vehicle in the middle of the road as a possible crime scene or a person maybe endangered. This act will inevitably save lives. We want to thank everyone who has stood behind us to support this bill.
    http://www.facebook.com/HelpUsFindSt...wall&filter=12
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Victim's parents push for speedier missing persons reports

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...ns-repo/nWnNm/
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikkismom For This Useful Post:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...women-U-S.html

Just found this thread because of Stacey's name and pic. in this 2012 article. fwiw.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...women-U-S.html

"A renewed campaign to highlight hundreds of missing African-American women has been launched amid ongoing criticism that less attention is given to their cases by authorities and the media.

According to the National Crime Information Center, nearly 40 per cent of those who have disappeared, often in suspicious circumstances, are black. However critics allege that public attention mainly focuses on white women who have vanished.

According to the Black And Missing Foundation, most women disappear in the states of New York, Georgia, North Carolina, Maryland and Florida".

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz34czV79mI
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37