CA - Possible kidnapping caught on video, Corona, Nov 2004

real eyes

Inactive
Reaction score
LOS ANGELES -- Police are searching for a possible kidnapping victim Thursday after surveillance video shows a woman being forced into the trunk of a car.

The woman was abducted Nov. 7 in the parking lot of a Corona discount mall. Surveillance cameras provided hazy video of the incident.

The video shows a woman running from a black Toyota Camry Solara. A man inside the two-door vehicle chased the woman down and forced her into the car's trunk.

The car sped away as onlookers watched.

The woman is in her late teens or early 20s, according to police.

Here is the link, with the video: http://www.nbc4.tv/news/3909195/detail.html

This is so sad. You know if they forced her into the trunk that it isn't looking good for her.

Why the hell did all those people just stand there and watch this? couldn't anyone follow the car and get the liscence number? People can be so stupid!

They still don't know who she was even. Sad.

OMG! lets hope for a break in this story soon.

real eyes said:
The car sped away as onlookers watched.

God, this is the part that gets my blood boiling!!!!!! How can people just watch something like this!! They should all be charged as accessories, if you ask me....

Anybody been reported missing in that area? I hate to be suspicious--but something similar to this happened a while back in my home state, and it was a bunch of teens pulling a stunt. A joke. They just wanted to stir things up.

If they can find out who SHE is, maybe they can determine who he is...
I agree - I can't believe all those people stood by and did NOTHING.

I thought about it being a prank too (As sad as it is, I am hoping that I am right). It is just strange...I just wish that I could have made her run back into the store and not around the corner.

I guess that everyone just stood there because they did not really believe what was going on. Here is an interesting case with withnesses that did nothing:

Kitty Genovese Murder:
Thirty-seven people witnessed it and did not want to get involved. Detective Mark Gado examines the mind set of these silent witnesses and the serial murderer responsible for Kitty's death.

OMG I'M OUTRAGED that there were so many many people around and no one did anything. What's with people?

I wasn't able to watch the video from the link this morning, my computer was acting too nuts. But I just saw the video on the news and it doesn't look much like a prank anymore. I saw that no one has been reported missing, but it looked terrifyingly real.

I wonder if any cars have remained in the lot overnight. If this is real, she may have had a car on the lot and LE can identify her that way.

Woman Kidnapped, Caught On Videotape

By Larry Wheeler
KTLA-TV Newswriter

November 11, 2004, 9:00 AM PST

CORONA -- The video starts by showing a woman walking by herself at the Corona Discount Mall.

It's about 6:00 p.m. (PST) sometime between Saturday and Monday. She talks to two men, then keeps going towards a Rite Aid Store. A black car drives up next to her and she starts running away, like she's trying to hide. The next thing that happens is that the woman runs into a parking structure.

The car stops. One guy gets out and runs after her. The other guy opens the trunk. Witnesses heard the woman screaming for help. The two men stuff her into the trunk, then they drive off. A security guard walks outside but it's too late for him to do anything.

Bystanders watch what happened and they look stunned. They say the victim on the tape could be a Corona woman who was reported missing, after her violent fiance was released from jail over the weekend. They think the car may have been a newer Toyota hatchback. On the video, the right front tire is a spare or donut tire.

The video was released Wednesday, but police said they have no new leads.

VIDEO LINK:
http://ktla.trb.com/news/local/ktla-111104coronakidnapping,0,6613606.story?coll=ktla-newslocal-1

Well, a hatchback doesn't really have a trunk, it has a .....well, it has a hatchback. There is a storage area back there with a little covering (so people can't look in and see what you've got back there) but the coverings would be easy to push out of.

Anybody got a link to the Corona woman who has been reported missing?

i just watched this video on TV...it is clear to me she knew her abductor...she started running the moment she noticed the car. so, 1. who is the missing female and 2. who are her known companions?

lisa0477 said:
has anyone heard anymore on this?

Very short segment on Fox News last night which basically restated the same information; a police officer was shown saying there were no new leads, and area law enforcement is becoming more and more concerned. No mention of anyone reported missing.....this is freaking me out, all those people standing around, watching. They could at the least have shouted "NO" while dialing 911 on their cell phones.

I am hoping this turns out to be a prank, but the video looked scary real to me.

And still no one has been reported missing ??? You'd think someone would have seen the video and recognized the car or something !!

Is it possible this was a teenager being taken home by a parent? Is she actually put into a trunk or is it a hatchback?

I once called police when I saw 2 men forcing a teenage girl into a car at a neighbors house one night. Turns out it was her own father and brother dragging her away from a drinking party at that house where some older guys had invited some underage friends. The girl put up a struggle because she was drunk and didn't want to leave the party.

Could it be something like that? Maybe a girl who had snuck out of the house and was running when she saw her parents had caught her?

I can't tell from the video. What do the witnesses say was going on?

Maybe So said:
Is it possible this was a teenager being taken home by a parent? Is she actually put into a trunk or is it a hatchback?

I once called police when I saw 2 men forcing a teenage girl into a car at a neighbors house one night. Turns out it was her own father and brother dragging her away from a drinking party at that house where some older guys had invited some underage friends. The girl put up a struggle because she was drunk and didn't want to leave the party.

Could it be something like that? Maybe a girl who had snuck out of the house and was running when she saw her parents had caught her?

I can't tell from the video. What do the witnesses say was going on?

Hopefully if it were a daughter being dragged home by a parent, they'd have come forward by now to admit it and save LE the time, effort and money of the investigation.

It does not look like a hatchback to me. It looks like a newer model car with the sloped back, like the Nissan Altima or newer Toyotas.

My little finite mind can only come up with two possibilities (I know there HAVE to be more!) this was a well-performed hoax, or the girl was taken by her "significant other" and he hasn't reported her missing and she has no other family in the area to notice she's gone.

Maybe it was not her parents. Maybe it was an older brother(s) and friend who took her out (either without parents permission or had lied about where they were going). Maybe she left them (she may have used them to get out of the house with "permission" from her parents). Then she took off and they were looking for her and she did not want to go back or get in trouble. She saw them and knew that they were going to be upset with her and she took off.

I am just thinking of other things that could have happened.

I cant belive theres no update on this!!!!!
Im almost hoping it was a hoax(if it was Id be really p.o'd though!)

Who is this woman and what happened?? :confused:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back