Pepsi Says Mountain Dew Can Dissolve Mouse Carcasses

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Pepsi Co., facing a lawsuit from a man who claims to have found a mouse in his Mountain Dew can, has an especially creative, if disgusting, defense: their soda would have dissolved a dead mouse before the man could have found it.

This seems like a winning-the-battle-while-surrendering-the-war kind of strategy that hinges on winning the argument that "our product is essentially a can of battery acid."

http://news.yahoo.com/pepsi-says-mountain-dew-dissolve-mouse-carcasses-213911576.html

:eek: :eek: :eek:

[video=youtube;4xd8fzk8Rlk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xd8fzk8Rlk[/video]
Sure as shootin' there's a bang in every bottle
Of our de-licious soft drink, Mountain Dew! (Gun Bang)
It'll tickle yore innards!
:floorlaugh:

And turn a mouse to jelly too!!
mtdewcan.gif

1sm191coke.gif

You mean to tell me...
That in my refridgeeeerator...
I have a mouse trap which also disposes of the mouse for me?

Why has nobody made a mouse trap out of Mountain Dew yet then?

Now is this just regular radioactive urine color Mountain Dew?

What about the diluted blood color Code Red?
Or the antibiotic urine orange color Live Wire?
Or even the blue vein color Voltage?

(And that other one that I shall not describe because ewwwww)...
Will those also dissolve the little rodents?

(Nobody tell my mother about this, she will find a way to trap mice with it. She HATES mice.)

Although... Maybe this could just be natural decomp... Mice decompose pretty quickly... less than a week before they quit stinking.
I wonder how long from packaging to drinking? Would it have just been the natural process of the mouse decomposing in a liquid?
Mouse decomposition... oh my... time for bed.

I wonder how many cans of Mountain Dew have actually had mice in them that were dissolved? It's disgusting when you make yourself think about it. Would the drink be the same or would it be more syrupy?

NO ONE and I mean NO ONE tell my son! The science fair is coming up and i REALLY DO NOT WANT DEAD MICE FLOATING AROUND in soda cans in my fridge!!!

Gross!!!! Forget the cans for the science fair, I envision the 2 liter bottles-- so you can watch the horror show! :eek:

I remember when Mountain Dew first hit the market and it looked so much like pee, there was an urban legend about pranksters who used a method of draining and resealing the cans in soda machines so some of it was likely to BE pee. :thud: I don't think I drank one after that. I was a crazy impressionable kid, of course. :crazy:

:eek: I am glad I buy the bottles o dew!!!

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

eeeeewwww

I'll never be able to look at a Mountain Dew can in the same way again. :floorlaugh: As a matter of fact, I may have to swear off soda completely after reading this, just the thought that it could have any remnants of dissolved mouse parts in it makes me want to gag.

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

eeeeewwww

I'll never be able to look at a Mountain Dew can in the same way again. :floorlaugh: As a matter of fact, I may have to swear off soda completely after reading this, just the thought that it could have any remnants of dissolved mouse parts in it makes me want to gag.

I agree. I found a mouse in a sealed carton of milk once, about 13 years ago. Haven't been able to drink milk since.

That's why it's always been my drink. After gorging on mice, I can be sure they're not just sitting down there, stewing.

An amusing Chuck Klosterman piece from Grantland:
---
As someone who’s consumed 16 to 32 ounces of Mountain Dew almost every single day for the past 21 years, I found this news unnecessarily salacious. Honestly, I’ve experienced no ill effects from my over-the-top Mountain Dew consumption, except that I’m kind of fat and pretty crazy and I can never sleep (even though I’m always tired).
---
the rest here:

So What If Mountain Dew Can Melt Mice?

If Dr. Pepper has this same ability, it could claim it now has 24 different flavors rather than 23!

I'd like to see this on an episode of Mythbusters. Would be interesting.

I'd like to see this on an episode of Mythbusters. Would be interesting.

Well, ya know someone on youtube would try it!! This was uploaded on 1/5-guess we'll have to see if she uploads again! And yea-she is using real mice-she says!!
[video=youtube;XHIWmEFM2OU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHIWmEFM2OU[/video]

^Wow. That person was way ahead of me and has too much time on their hands. Can't wait to see the next episode. haha

Wow, this is sooo nasty to think about ! I may have to give up on soda ! Just gross!

I would assume all soda could do this because all soda is made with lye/sodium hydroxide.

In high school we did an experiment with raccoon teeth, we put them in a glass of coca cola for a semester.

Wanna place bets on what happened?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme
Back