1068 users online (216 members and 852 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Teen mom shoots intruder dead 1 week after husband dies of cancer

'There's nothing more dangerous than a woman with a child': Teen mom shoots dead intruder a week after baby's father died of cancer

• Sarah McKinley, 18, lost husband to lung cancer on Christmas Day
    • Shot dead intruder on New Year's Eve who broke in carrying 12-inch hunting knife

By Beth Stebner

Last updated at 5:13 PM on 4th January 2012

On Christmas Day, 18-year-old Sarah McKinley lost her husband to lung cancer, leaving her the sole caregiver to their three-month-old son.
    On New Year’s Eve, the Oklahoma mother proved she was anything but defenceless after she shot and killed an intruder breaking into her home.
    Two men tried breaking into Ms McKinley’s house, one armed with a 12-inch hunting knife. While on the phone with 911, the young mother shot and killed one of the intruders after he broke in.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Good for her!
    I can't imagine going through what she has at 18.

She had every right to protect herself and her baby.

One less criminal IMO.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1183336.html

"I've got two guns in my hand -- Is it okay to shoot him if he comes in this door?" McKinley asked the 911 operator.

"I can't tell you that you can do that, but you do what you have to do to protect your baby," the dispatcher told McKinley when she asked a second time. The call went on for 21 minutes as the men powered their way into McKinley's house.

~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

http://newsok.com/blanchard-woman-sh...#ixzz1iJnQsTSb

Dustin Louis Stewart, 29, of Blanchard, was about to enter the home with Martin when he heard the gunshot. Stewart ran from the scene and later surrendered to officers at the Blanchard Police Department, he said.

Stewart is currently being held in the Grady County jail on a first-degree burglary complaint.

GOOD!
    ~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

Good for her. My dad always said; if you're going to point the gun at someone who is threatening you, make sure you don't miss. Gotta love the Castle Law. Castle doctrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by KateB; 06-19-2015 at 09:07 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
    https://www.tsu.co/JacieLin

I just saw this on the news and am just bawling for this girl. Just lost her husband t cancer, on Christmas no less. 18 yrs old. 3 month old baby. Alone on New Years eve and has the where withall to calmly talk to 911 and be prepared and then finally act when intruded upon !Oh how I wish i could scoop her and her baby up and tuck them in safely in my home.
    Good Job Girl!!

and they are making a big deal (comments on news sites) because here is this 18 year old young woman who lost her husband to cancer on Christmas day..... Her late husband is in his 50's (i think).
    Last edited by iluvmua; 01-04-2012 at 07:47 PM.

So glad she had the fortitude to take this POS out. I wish she'd gotten the other one too. Sorry if that's wrong, but that's how I feel.

I read about this on CNN. It did not include half the info. What a very scary situation. She had been stalked by this creep, her dogs killed and he had bothered her late at night after she was newly widowed.

Can you imagine sitting there, young and alone with a tiny baby and two creeps are pounding on both doors? What were they doing there? Why did the one have a knife? Why did he brazenly kick open the door? If she hadn't shot the one, can you imagine what would have happened to her and the baby? Clearly, they were not there to rob her. They were there for much, much worse. I want to know what that other monster has to say about why they were there. Again, I wish she'd been able to get them both.

In my mind, every state should interpret the law to be that if someone breaks into your house and you are there, you can kill them. Goodness knows what they will do once they have you alone. Don't want to get killed? Don't break into someone's house.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    So glad she had the fortitude to take this POS out. I wish she'd gotten the other one too. Sorry if that's wrong, but that's how I feel.

I read about this on CNN. It did not include half the info. What a very scary situation. She had been stalked by this creep, her dogs killed and he had bothered her late at night after she was newly widowed.

Can you imagine sitting there, young and alone with a tiny baby and two creeps are pounding on both doors? What were they doing there? Why did the one have a knife? Why did he brazenly kick open the door? If she hadn't shot the one, can you imagine what would have happened to her and the baby? Clearly, they were not there to rob her. They were there for much, much worse. I want to know what that other monster has to say about why they were there. Again, I wish she'd been able to get them both.

In my mind, every state should interpret the law to be that if someone breaks into your house and you are there, you can kill them. Goodness knows what they will do once they have you alone. Don't want to get killed? Don't break into someone's house.
    and his friends are saying what a great guy he was...... I'm glad she took him out. no telling what he would have done to her and her baby.

a person carrying a hunting knife is not there for a tea party.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmua View Post
    and his friends are saying what a great guy he was...... I'm glad she took him out. no telling what he would have done to her and her baby.

a person carrying a hunting knife is not there for a tea party.
    Exactly. These guys had no fear. Didn't they assume she would call the police? Yet, they didn't care. Very scary individuals. Where are you seeing what his friends have to say about him? And how can they say anything positive after what he's done?

Ick, just looking at the one who got away, creepy, creepy. Hopefully he will be in prison for life.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    Exactly. These guys had no fear. Didn't they assume she would call the police? Yet, they didn't care. Very scary individuals. Where are you seeing what his friends have to say about him? And how can they say anything positive after what he's done?

Ick, just looking at the one who got away, creepy, creepy. Hopefully he will be in prison for life.
    on The Dremon Demon. but the comments of the people defending him were taken off.

SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Thank you Jesus that we still have the right to bear arms because this the perfect example of how guns save lives!! Lives of the innocent!! And from a similar experience it's the exact reason that my family INSIDE MY VERY OWN HOME are protected in this exact same way.. Thank God due to our alarm system sounding as the intruder broke in was seemingly enough to send him running but had he not I was up and ready, gathered my son(who was 5 at the time) hid him and entered the front of the house fully armed and wouldn't have hesitated to shoot on sight of the intruder.. Thankfully he'd run soon thereafter he'd gotten the side door of my home open.. Our alarm thankfully immediately alerted dispatch when I didn't immediately answer the home phone(as I knew was their procedure).. Our LE quickly arrived and are thankfully known for their prompt arrival upon dispatch..
    But that intruder without a doubt knew that he was entering a home that was occupied!! Of that I have no doubt.. To further complicate the matter IMO it was no coincidence that my husband had just began working nightshift within 2 weeks of the break in!!

Hallelujah this young mom was prepared!! From reading the article and the obvious premeditation that took place(including killing her two dogs prior to the break in along with stalking).. I think most of us fully realize that had this young mom not been equipped with this shotgun that she at the very least would have been raped and likely murdered!!

There is a reason that we have a right to bear arms and this story is the perfect example of why IMO!!

ETA: did I mention that I was thankful(ie. "thankfully") enough times in my post??
    Last edited by SmoothOperator; 01-04-2012 at 08:47 PM.

As I watch HLN about this story I am thinking there is way more to this than meets the eye.

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
    Thank you Jesus that we still have the right to bear arms because this the perfect example of how guns save lives!! Lives of the innocent!! And from a similar experience it's the exact reason that my family INSIDE MY VERY OWN HOME are protected in this exact same way.. Thank God due to our alarm system sounding as the intruder broke in was seemingly enough to send him running but had he not I was up and ready, gathered my son(who was 5 at the time) hid him and entered the front of the house fully armed and wouldn't have hesitated to shoot on sight of the intruder.. Thankfully he'd run soon thereafter he'd gotten the side door of my home open.. Our alarm thankfully immediately alerted dispatch when I didn't immediately answer the home phone(as I knew was their procedure).. Our LE quickly arrived and are thankfully known for their prompt arrival upon dispatch..
    But that intruder without a doubt knew that he was entering a home that was occupied!! Of that I have no doubt.. To further complicate the matter IMO it was no coincidence that my husband had just began working nightshift within 2 weeks of the break in!!

Hallelujah this young mom was prepared!! From reading the article and the obvious premeditation that took place(including killing her two dogs prior to the break in along with stalking).. I think most of us fully realize that had this young mom not been equipped with this shotgun that she at the very least would have been raped and likely murdered!!

There is a reason that we have a right to bear arms and this story is the perfect example of why IMO!!
    Wow thank you for the info.

I am proud of her! If more people defended their home this way, maybe less people wold try to break in. This girl would have been raped, kidnapped and killed, I am sure. Glad she stood up for herself!

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast