1324 users online (312 members and 1012 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tiger Woods' ex-wife levels her house

Well......... It would be apparent to me that someone has waaayyy to much money for their own good !
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

if i'm reading this article correctly, it wasn't their home she demolished. it was a property she bought and since she didn't like the home, she had it torn down...

The average person would search until they have found the home that they like...but this BIMBO buys a 12 million dollar one for what reason???? and then hires a bulldozer???? I dont get it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flipflop View Post
    The average person would search until they have found the home that they like...but this BIMBO buys a 12 million dollar one for what reason???? and then hires a bulldozer???? I dont get it!!!!!

i think bimbo is a bit harsh... she did leave tiger's a** when the scandal came out -- unlike many other women. besides, reading another article or two tells a better story imo.

"It was a beautiful place, incredible landscaping, fantastic ocean frontage," said Realtor John True, who was at the house on Halloween for a charity event after work had begun.

"I heard that the original plan was to renovate. But once they started, I heard they decided to tear it down."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/money/r...2-2082712.html

Tiger's the bimbo.

But I have no use for those who bulldoze a perfectly good house only in order to leave their own footprint on the land.

She should just get over it and move on. Bulldozing the home shows she hasn't.

rolls eyes at the adolescent ex wife temper tantrum.
    Just what her kids need to see. rolls eyes again.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

What does this have to do with a temper tantrum? It's not hers and Tiger's house. She bought a new house and apparently decided to tear it down and build a new one. The house was pretty old so maybe when they started to renovate it they figured it would be easier to just build a new one. It's not like she doesn't have the money to do whatever it is she wants.
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Tiger's the bimbo.
    Snipped.

Yepyepyep.

But demolishing this house? Ridiculous.

The first-linked article was snarkily written. Harvey Levin lives in CA and should be well aware of the values of LAND here and what ppl might do when wanting to have/build a dream home in a preferred area. I would expect the same applies to FL or to any other state where prime real estate is located. It is not uncommon to find the lot you treasure but it has a house on it, one not suited for your needs, or one that's too old to fix. There may be very few if any such desirable vacant lots available in the area.

It is likely that the bulk of the price she paid was for the LAND, not the aged 1932 structure upon it.

Think: Cost-effective!

Speaking on a FAR smaller scale, I can say that I chose to add-on and remodel the small house I bought long ago. It would have cost me less in dollars and headaches had I demo'd the whole thing and started over. Live & learn...glad Elin learned early, and I wish her happiness AND privacy too.

~jmo~

ETA: Elin and the rest of us can spend our money, no matter how much we have, as we see fit. PLUS, when she spends, more ppl get work. It's all good. :-)

It was not THEIR home. She bought the home AFTER they divorced & had it razed. Apparently, she's building a new Mansion . . .

Bought a year ago for $12.3 million, the oceanfront mansion owned by the former wife of Tiger Woods has been demolished and she is building a new house on the lot in the exclusive Seminole Landing development near North Palm Beach.

The 17,000-square-foot house, built in 1932, was two stories, with eight bathrooms, an in-ground pool and an elevator.

Woods still lives in the couple's former home in Orlando while his luxury home on Jupiter Island is being completed.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/money/r...2-2082712.html
    ~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

Last week, we brought you the story of Elin Nordegren's curious-at-the-time decision to knock down a $12 million mansion. It seemed, at first glance, a rather conspicuous display of wealth.

Well, turns out that there was a pretty good reason for razing the North Palm Beach, Fla., estate: termites. A report in People magazine indicated that the 1920s-era mansion fell short of current hurricane safety codes, and combined with a termite infestation, that was enough to warrant blasting it down to the sand.

Also of note: Nordegren offered a local Habitat for Humanity chapter a month to take whatever it could from the mansion before demolition. (No, don't go all, "Oh, so generous, donating termite-infested wood!" on Elin. It was a nice gesture.)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-d...171330450.html

I guess a few apologies are needed for people jumping to conclusions, myself included.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

This really doesn't surprise me. Rich people do this all the time in California. Tear down million dollar homes just to rebuild another one in its place. Makes no sense.
    It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by JBounds View Post
    This really doesn't surprise me. Rich people do this all the time in California. Tear down million dollar homes just to rebuild another one in its place. Makes no sense.
    Did you see the post right above yours?

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

As I was reading this thread I was thinking, wonder if the home needed too many repairs. At least I got as far as it had termites! That means a home built in '32 needed to be rebuilt. Most structures were not up to today's standards. I don't even know if she is in an earthquake zone or flooding zone and needed that type of structure for insurance, but a home built in the 30's would not qualify for insurance if that is the case. Those standards were not yet in place.

Older homes need new wiring, new plumbing, new walls, new roofs, and so on. Termite damage to an older home, and depending on how bad and how long, can mean the home was simply unsafe. All of the supporting structures were most likely completely compromised.

I live in an area with homes starting from the 1800's and up, some from the 1700's but not many, and the ones from 1700's are kept standing by historical society foundations and public funding. Some are privately owned. It costs millions to keep just one of those standing and safe.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast