1188 users online (257 members and 931 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    praying for annasmom and her family during this difficult time hoping that the family finds the answers that they need but also hoping that these remains turn out not to be anna and that she is out there alive somewhere.

do we know when the final results will be in on the dna?

Quote Originally Posted by smile22 View Post
    praying for annasmom and her family during this difficult time hoping that the family finds the answers that they need but also hoping that these remains turn out not to be anna and that she is out there alive somewhere.

do we know when the final results will be in on the dna?

BBM. That's just it, we don't know and are getting conflicting information.
    When Dr. Doogie spoke with the coroners office he was told the state lab was unable to obtain a viable dna profile and sent the remains to a private lab. (we don't know any information on the private lab.)

Annasmom received information from NCMEC that they were contacted by the Coroners office requesting Anna's dna for a comparison. NCMEC was under the impression dna was available for the remains.

We're still trying to sort out the status of dna on the remains. When we'll get confirmation on whether or not a viable dna profile exists on the remains is anyone's guess.

There is a CA/DOJ number assigned to the remains. One would think it would be a simple matter of calling someone with that number for a yes, we have DNA, or no, that number was assigned when the DOJ received the remains whether or not a dna profile was available. for that info.

If there is no viable dna profile and the remains are at a private lab there is no telling how long it could take.
    Last edited by Cubby; 01-06-2012 at 05:22 PM.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

I hope Annasmom and family does not have to wait long for the results.

If the DNA has been sent to a private lab, who pays for that?

purisima creek

After pondering and searching for Purisima Creek photos today, in my heart I find it hard to believe anyone could be swept down along a curvy, snake like and sometimes extremely shallow creek all the way to the ocean. I do realize there was some flooding on the day she disappeared but the entire creek even low areas would have to have been high enough to do so...and without being stuck somewhere in a turn. Joe Ford said he toured the entire creek bed down to the ocean.

purisimacreek2.jpg

purisimacreek6.jpg

purisimacreek4.jpg

purisimacreek5.jpg

purisimacreek3.jpg
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

Prayers to Anna's family.
    Last edited by jackornaught; 01-06-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SideKick View Post
    After pondering and searching for Purisima Creek photos today, in my heart I find it hard to believe anyone could be swept down along a curvy, snake like and sometimes extremely shallow creek all the way to the ocean. I do realize there was some flooding on the day she disappeared but the entire creek even low areas would have to have been high enough to do so...and without being stuck somewhere in a turn. Joe Ford said he toured the entire creek bed down to the ocean.

purisimacreek2.jpg

purisimacreek6.jpg

purisimacreek4.jpg

purisimacreek5.jpg

purisimacreek3.jpg

These pictures make it look impossible. But I grew up in the Bay Area, and believe me, those creeks turn into raging rivers when they are flooded. There are often redwood tree trunks that make it to the ocean after larger floods.

What I don't know is just how flooded it was when Anna went missing.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by jackornaught View Post
    Um, if this State supposedly lost the DNA, then why are there rule outs for this UID on her NAMUS site?

I'm confused.

Prayers to Anna's family.
    There is nothing to indicate the state "lost" the dna. Please don't perpetuate rumors that the state lost the dna. If you have a link supporting such information, please provide it.

Secondly, we do not know how the rule outs were determined.
    In some cases NamUs volunteers review a panel of potential matches and rule out. In other cases the rule outs are determined by the coroner. We currently do not know the basis for which the rule outs listed on NamUs were ruled out. Either of the above scenarios is possible.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

purisimacreek2.jpg

purisimacreek6.jpg

purisimacreek4.jpg

purisimacreek5.jpg

purisimacreek3.jpg
    Earlier posts of Joe Ford indicate he was not entirely convinced Anna did not fall into the creek. While the searches were extensive it can not be ruled out with 100% certainty Anna did not fall into the creek. IIRC the detective who initially handled the case indicated he was 90% sure they would have found her if she had fallen into the creek.

Upon re-reading some of Joe Ford's initial posts, he indicated there were area's of such heavy growth they were almost impenetrable.

We've always made the assumption Anna would have made it to the ocean immediately or almost immediately. If she happened to fall into the creek and was caught in an impenetrable area, she may have made her way to the ocean much much later. Many times we have read about remains being found after the natural decomposition process and at that time those remains are usually scattered. It is possible that occured in this case as well. I hated typing that, however that is a possibility and one we had not previously discussed.
    ~JMO~

Update

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    There is nothing to indicate the state "lost" the dna. Please don't perpetuate rumors that the state lost the dna. If you have a link supporting such information, please provide it.

Secondly, we do not know how the rule outs were determined.
    In some cases NamUs volunteers review a panel of potential matches and rule out. In other cases the rule outs are determined by the coroner. We currently do not know the basis for which the rule outs listed on NamUs were ruled out. Either of the above scenarios is possible.
    See the update to my post:

Didn't mean to perpetuate rumors, or otherwise speak out of turn.

justbeachy is offline "It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to respond; that was rhetorical."
    I sat here trying to think of something comforting to say and there just aren't any words for something like this. All I can say is that I am praying for Anna's family and I hope that answers are given to them quickly.

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by annemc2 View Post
    I have tears streaming down my face as I read this. ((Praying for Annasmom and family. ))
    Me, too. I have read Annasmom's book (Searching for Anna) and read all I could about Anna and some others in this case. I just don't know what to say or think at this moment. I can only imagine how her family feels right now.

(snip)
    I, too, have believed that she did not fall in the creek, although I think it's *possible*. And honestly, that's what I hope happened: if this is Anna - or whoever it is - I hope it was a very unfortunate accident.

Prayers for Annasmom and the family.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Thank you.

Anna's family wants to express heartfelt thanks to the kindhearted and passionate members of Websleuths who have searched so diligently the past six years.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am able to jump on the computer briefly to say a couple of things:

1) Certainly, this is not the happy ending that we were hoping for (and still are hoping for). But our goal, ultimately, is to find out what happened to Anna. Whatever happened in 1973 is whatever happened - the truth is what we have been seeking.

2) One clarification: The coroner has not yet sent the sample to a private lab. She is working on getting the sample from the CA DOJ and authorization to send the jaw bone "outside" of the system. This should occur in a week or two. Once the sample is sent to a private lab, then the clock will start "ticking".

3) One concern with DNA samples is contamination - someone briefly touching a sample improperly will spoil it beyond use. Now imagine a sample soaking in a virtual stew of organic matter (the ocean) for 33 years. This is likely why a private lab using "state of the art" technology is required in this case. Hopefully, a private lab will have a quicker turnaround than the DOJ's overworked lab.

Offers of condolences are premature at this point - let's let the pros do their job and wait for the results. My heart is telling me that this is likely Anna, but I have seen too many results that varied wildly from my expectations to jump to conclusions.

I do want to express a special thanks to Cubby for making the possible link between this UID case and Anna. I also want to thank her for her discretion in how she approached myself and the family before posting anything here - obviously, this is a rough period and I appreciate her sensitivity in the handling of this matter.
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte

Wow... I really am not sure whether to hope it is her so that her family can finally have some closure, or whether to hope it's not... Annasmom, please know that I am here if there is anything I can do.

I read about Anna's case some time ago.

I really hope this new find brings about closure for her family.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast