RULED OUT: Have we found Anna? Possible match to NamUs case UP 9597 - *NO MATCH*

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
We have recently found a strong possible match in the NamUs database which we strongly believe will be identified as Anna once we make our way through the process of comparing DNA.

The NamUs case file 9597 added in early December has been submitted to all agencies involved. We are currently trying to determine the status of the DNA on the remains found.

NamUs indicates DNA is available, however the San Mateo Coroner tells us differently, and that the state lab was unable to produce a viable dna sample so the remains have been sent to a private lab.

I will be closing the possible match thread in the UID forum and bringing the discussion here to this thread, per Annasmom and my decision. Dr. Doogie is offline currently but will be working closely with myself and Annasmom as we make our way through this most recent development.

Annasmom and family are aware of this development and too strongly believe we have found Anna.

I will be updating more shortly and as more information becomes available.

Here is the link to the NamUS case file for which Anna was submitted as a possible match.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9597

My heart goes out to you Annasmom. I know this is a very difficult time. Wanting to know and yet hoping it is not so. Either way, it will be devastating. :rose: May this New Year bring you everything you need to know. Amen.

Does Purissima Creek run towards San Gregorio beach? I notice that it is only about 10 miles from Half Moon Bay. Could it have been an accidental drowning in the creek?

Purisima Creek ends at the pacific ocean approximately 4-5 miles north of where these remains were found.

The initial theory was that Anna had accidently fallen into the creek. Several extensive searches provided no evidence Anna had fallen into the creek.

However, due to the estimated age of 5-7 of the remains and the proximity to where Purisima Creek enters the Pacific Ocean we believe these remains are very likely to be proven Anna's.

It's just a matter of how long it may take for an official id.

Thus far we have not found evidence of any missing children who disappeared or are known to have entered the Ocean or the San Francisco bay with a close enough proximity to the location these remains were found for others to be viable possibles.

A gentle reminder.

I wish to remind members and readers it is a violation of WS TOS to contact the family of a missing person or crime victim.

Please do not contact Annasmom or her family during this time.

Members are welcome to express their thoughts or discuss this most recent development here within this thread.

any questions, please ask a mod!

Thank you,

Cubby

I have tears streaming down my face as I read this. ((Praying for Annasmom and family. ))

Hoping Annasmom finds the answers she needs and is able to find some sense of peace from them~ Frigga

Annasmom and her family are in my prayers as they go through this challenging time.
I hope some kind of peace comes to them to help sustain them.

My heart goes out to you Annasmom. I know this is a very difficult time. Wanting to know and yet hoping it is not so. Either way, it will be devastating. :rose: May this New Year bring you everything you need to know. Amen.

Thank you katydid23. While this is not the outcome we had hoped for, when I first found this possible match, after the intial shock, it had occured to me if these remains are determined to be Anna's at least we would then know she was not abducted and no one did unspeakable terrible things to her.

Dr. Doogie and I had recalled reading at one point a human bone or remains had been found at this location. However, there was nothing at the time to indicate they may belong to a child and alert us this was something we should have kept a closer look at.

I wasn't even able to find where Doogie and I initially learnt hearing remains were found on or near San Gregorio beach. I was left to believe what we had read some time ago, was that a possible human bone was found and the coroner is investigating. Anything more than that would have alerted us much sooner.

Anna's is one of the first cases I started following closely here at WS. It's been an incredible journey and we now move to this next new development with the hopes an answer either way is available quickly.

The detective who has been working with Anna's case for the past several years is also trying to determine whether or not DNA exists on file for the remains.

:praying: this is not a long wait.

Oh my god, I don't know what to say, I'm too numb to think.

Anna's family is in my thoughts, as is Anna herself; as well as the deceased child, whoever he or she be in the end.

I am lighting another candle for Anna - a candle of hope.

Prayers and heaps amount of support to Anna's family at this time.
XOX

This would be incredible if it's Anna. After looking through the NamUS file (linked above), I noticed in the Dental section in the comment section it says "o=unerupted teeth or not developed".

Anna was 5 years old. What is your opinion of this particular comment? When I saw it, I wondered if perhaps the remains were of a baby? Is there another reason why they would say teeth were not developed?

http://www.searchingforanna.com/

This would be incredible if it's Anna. After looking through the NamUS file (linked above), I noticed in the Dental section in the comment section it says "o=unerupted teeth or not developed".

Anna was 5 years old. What is your opinion of this particular comment? When I saw it, I wondered if perhaps the remains were of a baby? Is there another reason why they would say teeth were not developed?

http://www.searchingforanna.com/

That's a good question. I don't know. Usually dentals will say D for desiduous (sp?) indicating baby teeth. Which left me wondering if the O meant adult teeth. Anna still had all her baby teeth when she went missing.

They determined these remains are from a 5-7 yr old. They had to determine that age range somehow and that would clearly eliminate these belonging to a baby.

I was unable to find any information on what those codes meant.

Also, dentals would not help us as there are no dentals on file for Anna, and none are available for Anna as she had not yet seen a dentist.

praying for annasmom and her family during this difficult time hoping that the family finds the answers that they need but also hoping that these remains turn out not to be anna and that she is out there alive somewhere.

do we know when the final results will be in on the dna?

praying for annasmom and her family during this difficult time hoping that the family finds the answers that they need but also hoping that these remains turn out not to be anna and that she is out there alive somewhere.

do we know when the final results will be in on the dna?

BBM. That's just it, we don't know and are getting conflicting information.
When Dr. Doogie spoke with the coroners office he was told the state lab was unable to obtain a viable dna profile and sent the remains to a private lab. (we don't know any information on the private lab.)

Annasmom received information from NCMEC that they were contacted by the Coroners office requesting Anna's dna for a comparison. NCMEC was under the impression dna was available for the remains.

We're still trying to sort out the status of dna on the remains. When we'll get confirmation on whether or not a viable dna profile exists on the remains is anyone's guess. :banghead:

There is a CA/DOJ number assigned to the remains. One would think it would be a simple matter of calling someone with that number for a yes, we have DNA, or no, that number was assigned when the DOJ received the remains whether or not a dna profile was available. :waiting: for that info.

If there is no viable dna profile and the remains are at a private lab there is no telling how long it could take. :sigh:

I hope Annasmom and family does not have to wait long for the results.

If the DNA has been sent to a private lab, who pays for that?

After pondering and searching for Purisima Creek photos today, in my heart I find it hard to believe anyone could be swept down along a curvy, snake like and sometimes extremely shallow creek all the way to the ocean. I do realize there was some flooding on the day she disappeared but the entire creek even low areas would have to have been high enough to do so...and without being stuck somewhere in a turn. Joe Ford said he toured the entire creek bed down to the ocean.

purisimacreek2.jpg

purisimacreek6.jpg

purisimacreek4.jpg

purisimacreek5.jpg

purisimacreek3.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads