Identified! WV - Raleigh Co., WhtFem 858UFWV, 27-33, on Bolt Mtn, Nov'93 - Margaret Dodd

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
858UFWV
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/858ufwv.html
NamUs UP 10913 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10913

No Image Available

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered in November of 1993 in Raleigh County, West Virginia
Estimated Date of Death: Early 80's, possibly 1982
Skull only

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 30-45 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4"; 115 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Wore a size 4 in clothes.
Clothing: Clothes, a watch, ring and keys were discovered.

Case History
In November of 1993, a man hunting in a remote area of Bolt Mountain near the Wyoming County line found a skull in the woods.

This MP case just showed up in NAMPN today, and AFAIK, she is not listed anywhere else.

Darleta Hurt
hurt_darleta.jpg

http://www.nampn.org/cases/hurt_darleta.html

Unfortunately, there isn't much info on Ms. Hurt. Her height isn't listed, and they don't even list her age or DOB. But in the photo, she appears to be about 40, and from the limited info available, she fits the description of this UID.

I left a message with Sheriff Tanner of the Raleigh County Sheriff's Office.

There has to be something wrong with the doenet info. How would one get a ht and wt of a UID if only the skull was found?

It's a shame this is not in NamUs. Would be good to see the clothing, keys and jewelry found.

There has to be something wrong with the doenet info. How would one get a ht and wt of a UID if only the skull was found?

It's a shame this is not in NamUs. Would be good to see the clothing, keys and jewelry found.

Maybe they estimated height based on the size of her clothing. It says that she wore a size 4

I have more reason to believe it is Cherice than Darleta.

Darleta went missing from the St. Albans, WV area, which is about 2 and half to 3 hours away from the skull was found.

Cherice's husband claims that she dropped him off at work in Beckley, WV. But, many people think that he is untruthful.

Cherice and her husband lived in Bolt, WV where the skull was found.

I have more reason to believe it is Cherice than Darleta.

Darleta went missing from the St. Albans, WV area, which is about 2 and half to 3 hours away from the skull was found.

Cherice's husband claims that she dropped him off at work in Beckley, WV. But, many people think that he is untruthful.

Cherice and her husband lived in Bolt, WV where the skull was found.

A couple of things that raise doubt that it is Cherice.

First of all, Cherice went missing only a month before the remains were found. The remains were estimated to have been there for about a decade. The bones would have had to have been dried out and weathered for them to have estimated such a long postmortem interval.

Secondly, the skull was estimated to have belonged to a woman about 30-45 years old. Cherice was only 23. The skull probably had well-fused cranial sutures which would lead them to that age estimate. Normally, the cranial sutures of a 23-year old are only beginning to fuse.

I have seen errors in age estimates before, so I wouldn't positively exclude on that basis, but combined with the postmortem interval, I would say that this is probably not Cherice.

My apologies! I missed the link about the remains being from the early 80's. Let me think some more and get back.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10913

ME/C Case Number: 93-712
Raleigh County, West Virginia
27 to 33 year old White Female

Date found November 24, 1993

Weight (pounds) , Cannot Estimate
Height (inches) 64, Estimated
Estimated postmortem interval Years

Skeletal Remains found by hunters a short distance from the road, over a steep embankment.
Glen Rogers Rd./Ravencliff Rd.
West Virginia

Blue cotton socks, Gray "hip-hugger" slacks, gray sweater with maroon stripe on collar, waist and cuffs. Panties (large) leaf pattern with Bees, lace trim.

Brown Leather Platform 3 inch heels size 7 1/2.

Interlocking Gold wedding Engagement set with rope pattern; watch gold faced with silver band.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/daniel_tammy.html

daniel_tammy.jpg
daniel_tammy1.jpg
daniel_tammy2.jpg

Missing Since: June 2, 1987 (match) from Stanaford, Raleigh County, West Virginia (28 miles away)
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: October 20, 1967
Hair Color: Blond
Race: White

Details of Disappearance
Tammy Daniel was last seen by her mother, as she dropped her off at the home she shared with her husband in Stanaford. She was troubled by her daughter's demeanor when she left, so she returned later that afternoon. But Tammy wasn't there. Tammy's parents reported her missing a few days later. There was an indictment in the case in the early 90s. However, the body had not been found, and still has not been found. That resulted in the indictment being dismissed. Foul play is suspected.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Submitted 11th January 2013

Whenever you see that clothes were found with the remains, especially cotton clothing in an unprotected environment, you can figure that the remains probably haven't been there more than a few years. Probably less than 4-5 years.

Wowza! lots of discussion from a couple years ago about the Tammy Daniels case on topix. Lots of second hand confessions, etc. If this doe is her, I think LE will be able to move forward on her case with ease.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back