GA GA - Buford, Wht/HispMale UP9157 & UP9826, 20-50, dismembered, Jan'12

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Gwinnett bones linked to body found in 2009
GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. —

Police have linked skeletal remains recently found in Gwinnett County to a dismembered body discovered more than two years ago.

The Medical Examiner's Office said remains found on Brown Road on Thursday belong to a torso found in July 2009 along Woodward Mill Road near Satellite Boulevard in Buford. The locations are about five miles apart, on either side of the Mall of Georgia.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/gwinnett-bones-linked-body-found-2009/nGK9W/

Hopefully this man will quickly be identified.

Investigators believe the remains are those of a Hispanic man between 20 and 40 years of age, and that he was a homicide victim. But they aren't sure who the remains belong to, Cpl. Edwin Ritter with Gwinnett police said.

Investigators ... believe the man was killed in early July 2009.

The medical examiner's office has determined, based on a dental comparison, that the remains are not those of Justin Gaines, a college student who disappeared more than four years ago after leaving a nightclub near Duluth.

Read More:
http://www.ajc.com/news/gwinnett/skull-bones-linked-to-1299852.html

HUMBERTO HERNANDEZ-PEREZ
What do you experienced ones think of this one as a possibility:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7106/0/

He was from Florida, but based on circumstances, he could have made his way to Georgia. Also, the first picture of him looks very similar to me to the reconstruction.

The more I compare the photo to the reconstruction, I see very strong resemblance.

I don't see any mention that the UID had all the silver in his upper front teeth that Humberto has.

If he did, they certainly would have mentioned it.

I found what I believe is the NamUs file for the partial remains for this UID found in 2009. A little bit of a clothing description at this NamUs case file:

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9157

The above file hasn't been updated to reflect the recent find in Jan '12.

I'm not finding any public information on the dentals based on the '12 find. However it appears that HUMBERTO HERNANDEZ-PEREZ has some dental work which is visible in his case file. It should be a quick comparison based on dentals since earlier MSM articles indicate dentals are available for the UID. I see enough of a resemblence it wouldn't hurt to contact the coroners office and submit Humberto Hernandez-Perez as a possible match. Good luck!

I don't see any mention that the UID had all the silver in his upper front teeth that Humberto has.

Carl has a good point here. The recon made for the UID isn't showing teeth. I'd take that to mean there isn't anything the coroner believes are identifying regarding the teeth, especially with as much silver as shown in Humberto's smile. Otherwise, I think the recon would have included the dentals.

Honestly, I don't know much about the "grills" - like are they removable? Would it still be present after 2-3 years? Wasn't sure, so TY for your post!

Honestly, I don't know much about the "grills" - like are they removable? Would it still be present after 2-3 years? Wasn't sure, so TY for your post!

I don't think this is a removable "grill" as popularized in hip hop culture, but rather the typical permanent silver dental work often seen in people from Latin America. Here in the Southwest it is a very common sight. My understanding is that is it likely caused by the poor water in Latin American countries. [according to my husband's parents, who are from Mexico.]

[I know it doesn't really change anything or provide any additional info regarding this particular UID, but I just thought I'd share what I knew]

These two cases are thought to be connected although there is no DNA confirmation yet.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9826

Skull and other bones belonging to a 20 to 40 year old White Hispanic/Latino Male found January 2012 at 2328 Brown Road, Buford, Georgia. Dentals are available.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9157
20 to 50 year old White Male with black body hair, dismembered torso found July 6 2009 at Woodward Mill Road, Buford.

The locations are about 4 miles apart, a 10 minutes drive.

2328 Brown Rd, Buford, GA 30519 to Unknown road - Google Maps

Recons per Namus for UP9826 / 9157 - age range now narrowed to 20-40yo on one case (still 20-50yo on the other).
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

No height/weight estimate in either case. Although more than 3 hours apart, this UID was last seen in Charlotte NC which is connected directly to Buford via I-85N. A long shot I think as there is 6-7 months between when Bobby went missing and the UID was presumed to have died. www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/nc-bobby-joe-gross-47-charlotte-4-jan-2009.449103/ I think e has a fairly similar rectangular forehead shape though the nose tip appears different. I ignored that since the facial features are guesstimates given the state of the second set of remains.

Victor Cruz Sanchez
DLC: March 23, 2009
Missing from: Abbeville, AL (~4hr drive from Gwinnett, GA)
Missing Age: 25
Circumstances: Victor Sanchez was last seen in the Abbeville, Alabama area on March 23, 2009. He is believed to have been murdered and the search for his body continues.
Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 2.35.36 PM-min.png5014_32390.jpg

@citizen_sleuth good find! I think there is a resemblance (bearing in mind the remains were skeletal so the reconstruction is a guesstimate. But the hair attachment/forehead shape, prominent chin and the fact the ears were low set are similar.

Is Victor on the ruleout list already? If not do you intend to submit?

@citizen_sleuth good find! I think there is a resemblance (bearing in mind the remains were skeletal so the reconstruction is a guesstimate. But the hair attachment/forehead shape, prominent chin and the fact the ears were low set are similar.

Is Victor on the ruleout list already? If not do you intend to submit?
The only rule out on NamUs right now is Luis Montes, so I'll submit Victor for comparison.

Jose Nestor Huitron Pintor
DLC: 1994 (approx.)
Age at time of disappearance: 20 (approx.)
No tattoos
Last seen in Chamblee, GA (~25 min drive from Gwinnett Co.)
Was known as "Yiyo" in the Mexican community in Atlanta
Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 2.35.36 PM-min (1).png27654714_108116513344428_7278315579345310672_n.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back