Questions & Answers (no general discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliMama

Reaction score
This is where we can ask a question and get an answer. It is best not to have general discussion here.

Has the documentary Vanished been released? If so, does anyone know where I watch it. I found their FB page, but couldn't find any information about the movie.

I am recalling reading, somewhere, that the scene at Delmar had been cleaned up in some ways, in particular, I recall something about bleach in the drains. Does anyone recall if there was such a statement in mainstream media? Thanks.

I am recalling reading, somewhere, that the scene at Delmar had been cleaned up in some ways, in particular, I recall something about bleach in the drains. Does anyone recall if there was such a statement in mainstream media? Thanks.

I've never seen the Media state that. That topic WAS discussion at one point or another, on one of the forums. Someone had "Wondered If Police Had Checked for Bleach" in the drains. Implying someone could have washed blood down the sink after cleaning up the crime scene.
I think that someone had actually stated that Police HAD actually checked the drains when they processed the crime scene....which if they were smart investigators....they would have.....but I've never seen it anywhere posted as a "FACT". Just as a speculation or suggestion.....but not a FACT.
There has been on going speculation on if the "Crime Scene at 1717 Delmar" had been cleaned up, or staged. Unfortunately because of the number of people who contaminated the crime scene prior to Law Enforcement getting envolved, there not a lot to go by. I believe that at least part of the "Staged" theory came from how "All Three Purses" were lined up next to each other on the stairs to Susies room". It may also come from the $750 dollars left in Sherrills Purse, Make Up removal rags still left in he bathroom with jewelery on it. Tv in Susies room on. Blind in Sherrills room parted like she was looking out at someone. There was also talk of Sherrills car being moved further forward under the car port. Some had stated that Sherrill parked further back when she parked under the car port. There has been speculation that someone either "Used Her Car" or "Moved it Forward" to get a Van or other vehicle pulled close enough to the house to load the 3MW easier and more discretely. But that had NEVER been confirmed.

Has the documentary Vanished been released? If so, does anyone know where I watch it. I found their FB page, but couldn't find any information about the movie.

Its on You Tube. Just type in "Three Missing Springfield Women" or something to that effect and It should be right there.

FYI....a lot of the Time Line "Facts" are incorrct in that video. They also misstate a lot of things that are known to be true.

Also.....Some of the key people they interviewed, their stories have CHANGED over the years. Little pieces hee and there.

Its on You Tube. Just type in "Three Missing Springfield Women" or something to that effect and It should be right there.

FYI....a lot of the Time Line "Facts" are incorrct in that video. They also misstate a lot of things that are known to be true.

Also.....Some of the key people they interviewed, their stories have CHANGED over the years. Little pieces hee and there.

Thanks:) I tried that already. I found the trailer on Vimeo. It was about 6 minutes long and I think it said it was filmed in 2007. I might just have to email them and see what is going on.

There is a Facebook page. When I googled, it was at the top. If you are on fb, try that, if not, I am and I can do it; I thought you might rather ask your own questions somtheynall get answered! I did make a note on Thread 5 to Missouri Mule, but he may not have seen it before the thread was locked.

Okay, here's my question - and please forgive me if this has already been asked/answered, I did pour through the previous general discusison threads over the past week, but I haven't seen this discussed.

On Disappeared, they state that a burgundy car was stolen the same night as the disappearance, from the same neighborhood as the 3MW. They state that (and this is paraphrased) 'the police couldn't find any sign that the car was involved in the disappearance' when the car was found a few days later. Has this been sleuthed as an angle at all? I know it's unlikely it is involved at all, especially given the van/PorchLady/etc/et al but, I am curious nonetheless. Thanks!

Thanks:) I tried that already. I found the trailer on Vimeo. It was about 6 minutes long and I think it said it was filmed in 2007. I might just have to email them and see what is going on.

As I recall HBO agreed to finance the production of the trailer but declined to finance the full production after seeing the finished trailer. As Kathee has said, the producers have around 6 hrs of interview with her on film. You can bet they have that much and more with Janis McCall. It is apparent the editing of the trailer was done for shock value to make this case appear as if it is hot and current front page news in an effort to sell HBO on picking up the complete project. We have no way of knowing if what Janis McCall or Det. Dave Asher said in the short 6 min trailer was edited and taken out of context in any way.

Okay, here's my question - and please forgive me if this has already been asked/answered, I did pour through the previous general discusison threads over the past week, but I haven't seen this discussed.

On Disappeared, they state that a burgundy car was stolen the same night as the disappearance, from the same neighborhood as the 3MW. They state that (and this is paraphrased) 'the police couldn't find any sign that the car was involved in the disappearance' when the car was found a few days later. Has this been sleuthed as an angle at all? I know it's unlikely it is involved at all, especially given the van/PorchLady/etc/et al but, I am curious nonetheless. Thanks!

It has been a while but it is not believed to be an issue. As I recall from memory the car was stolen Sunday night from the parking lot of Battlefield Mall. The owners just happened to live across the street from the McCalls.

It has been a while but it is not believed to be an issue. As I recall from memory the car was stolen Sunday night from the parking lot of Battlefield Mall. The owners just happened to live across the street from the McCalls.

OHHHHHH.....thank you for clarifying that. Now that I reflect upon it, the Disappeared episode didn't lie, per se, but it was worded in a misleading fashion (the neighbor of missing woman has car stolen same night as disappearance, or words to that effect). I had wondered why it wasn't speculated upon further in the threads. Thank you for filling me in - a lot of the resources available are now dead links, so the memories of you all, are quite invaluable.

OHHHHHH.....thank you for clarifying that. Now that I reflect upon it, the Disappeared episode didn't lie, per se, but it was worded in a misleading fashion (the neighbor of missing woman has car stolen same night as disappearance, or words to that effect). I had wondered why it wasn't speculated upon further in the threads. Thank you for filling me in - a lot of the resources available are now dead links, so the memories of you all, are quite invaluable.

Disappeared also alluded to Robert Cox and Stu McCall working at the same dealership. While they both worked for Plaster (Reliable Chev/et al) they did not work at the same lot.

Something I've been wondering about...

Has anyone seen anything that says WHERE Sherrill was varnishing the piece of furniture? As in was she doing it in a room in the house or was she doing it outside? I recall a news article stating that there was (not an exact quote) "a strong smell of varnish" in the house, but I haven't found anything that said where this "varnishing" was happening.

If she was doing this outside then someone could have seen her or struck up a conversation with her (and possibly began the abduction this way).

If she was doing it inside (which was probably the case) then I wonder where at inside... the living room? Her bedroom?

Has anyone seen any reference to this anywhere?

Has there been any information regarding the large amount of cash that was in Sherrill's purse? Some news sources say it was as high as $800. I know I don't keep that kind of cash on me and I would want it in the bank asap. That makes me wonder if she was going to loan someone the cash, or, if she was selling something, and someone came by and bought it. I guess it could have also been from tips from her job. Still, it's a lot of money.

If she was doing this outside then someone could have seen her or struck up a conversation with her (and possibly began the abduction this way)

That's a good point, Auramyst. If the furniture she was varnishing was a chair or some other item easily moved, she could have started varnishing it in the house, then realized the smell was too powerful and moved it outside. This is information LE could provide without compromising the case, if it has not already been revealed in an article. I am still poring over the newspaper articles and will see if it's referenced anywhere.

Has there been any information regarding the large amount of cash that was in Sherrill's purse? Some news sources say it was as high as $800. I know I don't keep that kind of cash on me and I would want it in the bank asap. That makes me wonder if she was going to loan someone the cash, or, if she was selling something, and someone came by and bought it. I guess it could have also been from tips from her job. Still, it's a lot of money.

My mother was a stylist for 40 years before she retired. (In fact, she's Sherrill's age.) Some stylist's work for a company and get paid through the company (like JC Penneys), while other's are self employed and 'rent the chair' from the the person who owns the building/space where the salon is located (this is common with neighborhood salons and also with some large chain salons).

'Renting the chair' is a very common practice. The stylist pays rent to use the space in the shop and buys her own products. She gets paid directly from the clients and can charge her own prices and set her own schedule. My mother has worked both for a company and also rented her chair (later, she also owned a salon and rented the chairs out)

Where I'm going with this is that 'renting a chair' causes a person to have a lot of cash on hand. In 1992, it would have been very common for people to pay for services via check or cash. My mother would have large amounts of cash in an envelope in her purse. Due to her schedule, she wasn't able to make it to the bank to make deposits (ATMs weren't common). Sometimes, she would go a couple of weeks without making a deposit (and then pay cash for gas, groceries, etc).

I don't know Sherrill's work circumstances (working for a company or renting her own chair), but if she was renting a chair then I can definitely see why she would have a large amount of cash on hand. She may not have been able to make a deposit during her work week. Maybe some of the cash was part of Suzy's graduation gift (along with the waterbed). Maybe she wanted cash on hand for the graduation weekend and planned on depositing the rest of it.

Of course this is all speculation. I've always wondered if the police ever had a good handle on how much cash she actually had in her purse originally. What if she had $1000 but they only found $800? Would they know any was missing? I know they said all the money was there and none was missing, but if someone pays for a lot of things in cash I wonder if they really know how much was there to begin with.

Does anyone have information regarding the waterbed Sherill bought for Suzie as a graduation gift, i.e., when and where it was purchased, and when it was delivered? Makes me wonder if Sherill paid cash for the bed, and if so, did someone see her take a big roll of money out from a place she may have stashed it, and decided to come back later to get the money? A possible scenario is that the bed is delivered and set up, Sherill gets money from the closet or somewhere hidden to pay for the bed, and unbeknownst to her, is seen. The perp (s) contrives a ruse that a part for the bed is missing, and informs Sherill that it will be dropped off within a day or two. This would probably make the abduction later in the morning, perhaps around 5 a.m. That way, the ruse is more believable because the delivery is seen as the start of the scheduled deliveries for that day. After getting past the door, the perp instead demands the money. Sherill resists, and the commotion wakes up Suzie. He threatens either Sherill or Suzie for the money. Stacy, still in bed, realizes something bad is going down and she tries to make a run for it. The perp (s) is eventually given the money, but he knows he can be identified, and decides to abduct the women, maybe even telling them they will be released if they don't cause any trouble and they willingly follow. I am not questioning the reputation of the company, since I don't know who they were/are, and don't want to know. Just wondering if LE checked it out.

A news magazine years ago actually did a study that showed a high percentage of people hired to do some kind of work inside the home are ex-convicts with extensive records. Somehow, their employers either overlooked it, or didn't do their due diligence to check their past. Many of them committed crimes as a result of casing the homes after being inside of them.

I apologize if this has already been discussed. I am still reading the posts on this board, but have not yet seen any discussion about this. Did the police report state that someone went through the purses? If so, who was it and why did they go through the purses? I find that terribly invasive. Particularly when I don't think there was any concern yet that the women had been abducted. If someone went through the purses, how did Sherill's purse end up in Suzie's room, next to Suzie's and Stacy's purses? Is that where it was originally found? Sherill's purse should have been in her room, or perhaps in a location she had always placed it, i.e., on the diring room table or near the coffee pot, where she would be sure to see it every morning.

I apologize if this has already been discussed. I am still reading the posts on this board, but have not yet seen any discussion about this. Did the police report state that someone went through the purses? If so, who was it and why did they go through the purses? I find that terribly invasive. Particularly when I don't think there was any concern yet that the women had been abducted. If someone went through the purses, how did Sherill's purse end up in Suzie's room, next to Suzie's and Stacy's purses? Is that where it was originally found? Sherill's purse should have been in her room, or perhaps in a location she had always placed it, i.e., on the diring room table or near the coffee pot, where she would be sure to see it every morning.

From the start of the investigation, the police gave reporters almost full access to the house, evidence, and investigation. So, the very earliest reports (1992) give the most accurate information about the investigation.

The very earliest news reports state that the purses were found together in Suzy's room. The early news videos (on youtube) show scenes from the house and the purses all bunched together near the stairs on Suzy's room.

WHY Sherrill's purse is in Suzy's room is one of the big mysteries of this abduction. What scenario could have caused Sherrill to leave her purse in her daughters room? We must assume that Sherrill, like most mothers, would not normally leave her purse in her daughters room overnight.

As for going through the purses. Again, I'll go back to the very earliest interviews with the early witnesses. Janis McCall states during interviews that she was upset at Stacy for not calling to let her know where she was. When Janis showed up at the Delmar residence she intended to take Stacy's things and Stacy's car and remove them to force Stacy to call her when she (Stacy) returned from wherever she was.

Janis says she was sitting in Stacy's car, with her purse and other belongings and though 'wait a minute, this isn't right...'

Anyway, I'm assuming that at some point during this ordeal, Janis went through her daughter's purse- and Janis did remove the purse from the house at least one time.

It is also stated that they got Sherrill's address book and began calling numbers to see if the women were with people listed in the address book. I don't know where the address book was. I don't know if it was in Sherrill's purse or not.

From reading the earliest reports, I don't get anywhere that anyone started randomly rummaging through purses. I think the purses became more of a focal point after hours had gone by with no word from the missing women.

There's also an early report that stuff was 'rolling' out of the purses. Not sure what that means.

Also, at various times throughout this forum, people have wondered about Stacy's overnight bag. Was there one or not? We find reports of Stacy's swimsuit, Suzy's gym bag, all three purses, but no mention of Stacy having an overnight bag. Did she have one? Did it disappear with the women? Is that why Stacy's purse is on Suzy's gym bag? This is an item that has not been resolved through news reports (to my knowledge) and also remains a mystery

What was the nature of the obscene phone calls places to the Streeter house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker