Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 3981DMWI Terrance Lee Schram

Missing since June 1, 1981 while on leave from the United States Navy
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: September 12, 1955
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8"; 147 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; brown eyes. Slender build. Tattoo on upper left arm, as seen in photo's. The design of the tattoo is very difficult to read, it may be a scorpion.
•DNA: Available
•Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Schram was last seen while on leave from the United States Navy on June 1, 1981. He was expected to travel to Montreal, Canada to visit his girlfriend but never arrived. He may have been treated in a Naval hospital in 1981 and then traveled to Florida. He has not had any contact with his family.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3981dmwi.html

The Sturgeon Bay Police Dept. has a more detailed description of his dissapearance, here- http://sturgeonbaypolicedepartment.blogspot.com/2011/03/missing-and-endangered-adult-terrance.html

I was reading through the thread on William Richard Bradford (serial killer) and saw that he had photos seized by police after his arrest with possible victims. Picture #89 seen here http://www.lacountymurders.com/wanted/LADIES1.html (scroll down) is of a male sailor in uniform. This intrigued me first and so I started looking for missing sailors from the 1970's & 1980's and came up with Schram. Schram's parents said that he called from Florida but don't know exactly where in FL in late 1981 and it was the last time he was heard from. WRB was living in Florida at least as late as 1980 (http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2006-08-27/news/0608260352_1_sheriff-sexual-assault-victims & William Richard Bradford - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Several sites also claim WRB was bisexual and also could be responsible for the deaths of men as well as women. I will try to post a side by side so that you guys don't have to pull up both pages to compare, but I'm new to this so bear with me here. For now, what do you think??? (Anxiously awaits :fence: )

They look very close. For a while, I was thinking that they could be the same guy. But if you look at both of Schram's photos in his Charley Project page, his face appears to be noticeably asymmetrical. His left eye (our right as we view the photos) sits a little higher than his right eye.

I don't see the same asymmetry in the photo of the unidentified sailor.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/schram_terrance.html

2391492260045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Both of Schram's photos show the same asymmetry, so I don't think it is a photographic anomaly or an illusion created by camera angle.

They look very close. For a while, I was thinking that they could be the same guy. But if you look at both of Schram's photos in his Charley Project page, his face appears to be noticeably asymmetrical. His left eye (our right as we view the photos) sits a little higher than his right eye.

I don't see the same asymmetry in the photo of the unidentified sailor.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/schram_terrance.html

2391492260045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Both of Schram's photos show the same asymmetry, so I don't think it is a photographic anomaly or an illusion created by camera angle.

Thanks a lot for that, it does seem like it pretty much rules it out now with that outlined for me. I don't have a great eye for things like that unfortunatly, something about the circumstances seem very eerie about the time frame for this. I wish the unidentified picture was a full body so we could tell at what angle he was standing/sitting etc. Very helpful and much appreciated!

From the Sturgeon Bay PD link: Schram's father stated that he received a phone call from Terrance in early 1982. Terrance said he was calling from some unspecified location in Florida, stating that he was considering turning himself in to Navy authorities. He had been AWOL, and would have been designated as a deserter by the time of that last call. NamUs has dental available but not yet published, and DNA entered.

NAMUS lists Terrance as missing from Philadelpha since 1982: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original
Original

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact January 1, 1982
NamUs Case Created March 20, 2009
Last Known Location Map
Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Philadelphia County

Circumstances of Disappearance
Terrance Lee Schram was in the U.S. Navy in the late 1970's and early 1980's. Terrance had phone communications with his father is early 1982. He has not been seen or heard from since. The Schram family believes Terrance may have been in Florida when he called his father in early 1982.

To me his tattoo up close looks like a monkey with a leaf behind it. That is just my interpretation of it

Attachments

• 6A1FA07B-F887-4711-950B-376B52432A09.jpeg
    6A1FA07B-F887-4711-950B-376B52432A09.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 6

Terrance Lee Schram​

Updated: Jan 9, 2022
35529d_179347a9f90c4386a49b482dd08a4e33~mv2.jpg

Terrance Lee Schram was reported missing on January 1st, 1982. He is originally from Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. Terrance is listed as missing from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as that may be his last known residence or last known confirmed location.

Terrance was in the U.S. Navy in 1981 and went missing on leave. He was last seen in Sturgeon Bay on June 1st. He was supposed to visit his girlfriend in Montreal, Quebec, but he never arrived there.

He last had phone communications with his father in early 1982. He has not been seen or heard from since. His family believes Terrance may have been in Florida when he called his father. It is possible that Terrance was treated at a naval hospital in 1981 and then traveled to Florida.
35529d_6dcd32d6a55f4b818e2ed7a6e633218b~mv2.jpg

Terrance is a white male, 5’8”-5’9”, and 147-150 pounds. He has brown hair in a U.S. Military-style cut and brown eyes. He has a tattoo on his upper left arm that appears to be a scorpion. In last known photos of Terrance, he has a brown mustache.

Terrance was 26 years old at the time of his disappearance. He would be 66 years old today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back