Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #1

Unhappy MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #1

Search underway for missing Montana teacher

Friends, family and eastern Montana authorities are desperately searching for a Sidney teacher who has been missing since Saturday morning.

Sherry Arnold went for a jog Saturday morning at about 6:30 and has not returned home.

More: http://www.kbzk.com/news/search-unde...ntana-teacher/

FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Sidney authorities recover shoe of missing teacher

Authorities in Eastern Montana say they have recovered a shoe belonging to missing Sidney teacher Sherry Arnold. She was last seen around 6:30 am jogging in the town.

Sidney Police Assistant Chief Bob Burnison says the shoe was found in the northeastern part of town, near what is known as the truck route.

More: http://www.kpax.com/news/sidney-auth...ssing-teacher/

'Items' found, still no leads

Authorities say some "items" have been found, but there are no new leads into the whereabouts of missing teacher Sherry Arnold, who disappeared Saturday morning during her normal run.

More: http://www.sidneyherald.com/articles...1346983879.txt
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Oh no...sounds very bad so far...
    Just my opinion, of course.

6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Search is under way for missing Sidney, Mont., teacher

Police received a call shortly after 9 a.m. Saturday from her husband, Gary Arnold, that she did not return when expected and family members could not locate her after they began looking.

"That was out of character for her. She is a very stable, reliable person," said Sidney Assistant Police Chief Bob Burnison. "At noon, an organized ground search of 300 citizens was started."

A running shoe found around 3:30 p.m. MST Saturday in northeast Sidney "positively belonging to her." said Burnison. "Nothing else was found."

[snip]

More than 1,000 people wanted to help Sunday when the civilian search continued. Burnison said they limited civilian searchers to 300 because they couldn't manage that many people, but have taken names of people who want to help.

8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Oh no...sounds very bad so far...
    That's what I was thinking . If there is a shoe missing, makes me think there was a struggle. I sure hope not! Prayers that Sherry will be found safe and return to her family!
    Seeking Justice for those who can't. Wanting justice for precious Jhessye!

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wantjustice For This Useful Post:

Seeking Justice for those who can't. Wanting justice for precious Jhessye!

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wantjustice For This Useful Post:

Search fails to find missing Sidney, Mont., woman.

A Sidney, Mont., school teacher remains missing despite hundreds searching for her until dark Sunday.

[snip]

Burnison said there is no clear evidence of foul play and it’s still being handled as a missing person search.

But a shoe “positively” identified as Arnold’s was found off the road in a ditch Saturday along a route she normally runs, he said.

Nothing else has been found, he said. No suspects have been identified and no similar incidents have happened recently in the area, Burnison said.

More: http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...roup/homepage/

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed View Post
    Sidney authorities recover shoe of missing teacher

Authorities in Eastern Montana say they have recovered a shoe belonging to missing Sidney teacher Sherry Arnold. She was last seen around 6:30 am jogging in the town.

Sidney Police Assistant Chief Bob Burnison says the shoe was found in the northeastern part of town, near what is known as the truck route.

More: http://www.kpax.com/news/sidney-auth...ssing-teacher/

'Items' found, still no leads

Authorities say some "items" have been found, but there are no new leads into the whereabouts of missing teacher Sherry Arnold, who disappeared Saturday morning during her normal run.

More: http://www.sidneyherald.com/articles...1346983879.txt
    The shoe certainly makes it sound as if she may have been grabbed by someone, and I cringe at hearing it was found in an area known as the "truck route"...that just gives me a terrible feeling. Hope I'm wrong and they can find her soon and safe!

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to bdawk20 For This Useful Post:

I just read about this case on msnbc.com and came here to find out more. Hopefully the national coverage will yield more information.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45926069.../#.TwsOC6XwseM

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to liltexans For This Useful Post:

A town of only 5,000 people, this just doesn't sound like a stranger abduction, but could be a drive through perp.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mendara For This Useful Post:

I realize this is a bit off the wall, but I wonder if she could have been hit by one of the trucks and instead of calling ambulance etc. he/they just pulled her in the vehicle and took off.
    They wouldn't want to waste time doing all the reports and interviews especially if the driver was to blame.
    Last edited by taagean; 01-09-2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: spelling

22. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to taagean For This Useful Post:

http://www.examiner.com/missing-pers...r-from-montana

This article says she was last seen leaving her house to go for a run. I thought the other link said she was seen out on her run that morning. I'd love them to clarify this....there can be a huge difference between the two. I am certainly not accusing anyone, but if she was never seen after she left the house, how can anyone be sure she ever left the house at all?

24. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to bdawk20 For This Useful Post:

It appears from almost all the links here that she was seen leaving the house at 6:30 to go for a run.However one link states she was seen "about 6:30 jogging around town"

I feel since the time is the same on all reports (6:30), it was just her husband who saw her leave at that time. Haven't seen any eye witness reports seeing her at any other time. The town is very small, so I would figure someone would have seen her.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to taagean For This Useful Post:

i googled a map of the area and looked to the NE where they state her shoe was found. Near 9th Ave and the truck route are train tracks. That part of town appears to be industrial. I can't locate the "ditch" though.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pedophobe For This Useful Post:

i think i located a ditch that runs parallel to the truck route. Taagean, looks like your idea might be the scenario. She may have been hit and her shoe flew off. Driver didnt see it because it was in the ditch. oh dear

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pedophobe For This Useful Post:

If she was hit I think there would be blood on the shoe or at the scene. IMO

32. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Mendara For This Useful Post:

Also, was this her normal route? If so someone must have known it, the shoe could have been tossed there on purpose, it was at least 4 hours since her husband says he last saw her.

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mendara For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mendara View Post
    A town of only 5,000 people, this just doesn't sound like a stranger abduction, but could be a drive through perp.
    I live in a town half that size and I don't know everybody. People move away, people move in. I see people I don't know all the time in our local supermarket. They may not be strangers, but I don't know them.
    Could be a trucker passing through, or someone who lives in another part of the state who was out trolling for victims. Anything is possible.

36. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TxLady2 For This Useful Post:

Search resumes for missing Sidney teacher Sherry Arnold

[snip]

On Monday, a smaller search team will comb a larger area.

Authorities say time is of the essence in this investigation; Burnison noted, "We're going to keep going until we can get some answers here. We just want to find her you know. Our hope is she's okay."

More: http://www.krtv.com/news/search-resu...sherry-arnold/

38. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Authorities take over search Monday morning

Law enforcement and fire and rescue workers from Richland and the surrounding counties took over the search operation Monday morning for missing Sidney teacher Sherry Arnold. Authorities met early to decide where to concentrate efforts for the day.

Sidney Assistant Police Chief Bob Burnison said officials would continue the search in northeast Sidney and expand to the entire county.

[snip]

Officials were conducting interviews, collecting any surveillance tapes and searching for any possible witnesses to help in the investigation. Police have no suspects or persons of interest at this point, Burnison said.

More: http://www.sidneyherald.com/articles...a295005571.txt

40. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    "That shoe is the last thing we have found that is her possession," said Sidney Assistant Police Chief Bob Burnison said.

Within hours of her disappearance, friends, family and law enforcement became more concerned about the well-known teacher and coach.

"Everything's accounted for, her personal things, her vehicle is accounted for. We just feel that there's something drastic, either happened to her or something to that effect, why she wouldn't have made contact back," Burnison said.

As law enforcement searched for Arnold by ground and air and with K-9 units from several agencies, the community of Sidney moved into action combing the town.

Nearly 1,000 volunteers turned up at Sidney High School on Sunday to help find Arnold, and 500 people were then bussed out in groups all over the town to search.

On Monday, a smaller search team will comb a larger area. Authorities say time is of the essence in this investigation.
    http://www.kpax.com/news/search-resu...sherry-arnold/
    This bee my opinion

42. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Assistant Police Chief Robert Burnison said the search for algebra teacher Sherry Arnold was focused Monday on areas north of town near the North Dakota border.
    Mayor Bret Smelser says the outpouring of volunteers shows Sidney remains a tight-knit community despite the changes brought by a massive influx of oil field workers in recent years.
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...3525d16d79c814

and shoe found near a truck road...
    This bee my opinion

44. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Arnold left her home in Sidney for a run at about 6:30 a.m. Saturday. A witness reported seeing someone matching the missing woman’s description that morning near where the shoe was found, Burnison said.

School superintendent Daniel Farr said Arnold, who has three children, was a devoted algebra teacher who has taught in the Sidney system for 18 years. Her husband, Gary Arnold, works in the school district’s administrative offices as director of federal programs.

“She’s one of those teachers that every parent wants in front of their child,” said Farr. “She’s there early in the mornings and she’s there after school. She is just a generous and caring person.”

one more snip:

The boom in the nearby Bakken oil fields of eastern Montana and western North Dakota has swelled Sidney’s population from about 5,000 people several years ago to more than 6,000 today, officials said.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...KlP_story.html
    This bee my opinion

46. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

http://www.bakkenoil.org/

^^just a little bit of info on the bakken oil fields
    This bee my opinion

48. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Okay, so there IS a possible witness to her being out there, jogging? So she did make it out of her house? That is just as scary as the alternative, unfortunately.
    Just my opinion, of course.

50. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast