Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #1

Hybrid View

Unhappy MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #1

Search underway for missing Montana teacher

Friends, family and eastern Montana authorities are desperately searching for a Sidney teacher who has been missing since Saturday morning.

Sherry Arnold went for a jog Saturday morning at about 6:30 and has not returned home.

More: http://www.kbzk.com/news/search-unde...ntana-teacher/

FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Sidney authorities recover shoe of missing teacher

Authorities in Eastern Montana say they have recovered a shoe belonging to missing Sidney teacher Sherry Arnold. She was last seen around 6:30 am jogging in the town.

Sidney Police Assistant Chief Bob Burnison says the shoe was found in the northeastern part of town, near what is known as the truck route.

More: http://www.kpax.com/news/sidney-auth...ssing-teacher/

'Items' found, still no leads

Authorities say some "items" have been found, but there are no new leads into the whereabouts of missing teacher Sherry Arnold, who disappeared Saturday morning during her normal run.

More: http://www.sidneyherald.com/articles...1346983879.txt
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Search is under way for missing Sidney, Mont., teacher

Police received a call shortly after 9 a.m. Saturday from her husband, Gary Arnold, that she did not return when expected and family members could not locate her after they began looking.

"That was out of character for her. She is a very stable, reliable person," said Sidney Assistant Police Chief Bob Burnison. "At noon, an organized ground search of 300 citizens was started."

A running shoe found around 3:30 p.m. MST Saturday in northeast Sidney "positively belonging to her." said Burnison. "Nothing else was found."

[snip]

More than 1,000 people wanted to help Sunday when the civilian search continued. Burnison said they limited civilian searchers to 300 because they couldn't manage that many people, but have taken names of people who want to help.

6. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed View Post
    Sidney authorities recover shoe of missing teacher

Authorities in Eastern Montana say they have recovered a shoe belonging to missing Sidney teacher Sherry Arnold. She was last seen around 6:30 am jogging in the town.

Sidney Police Assistant Chief Bob Burnison says the shoe was found in the northeastern part of town, near what is known as the truck route.

More: http://www.kpax.com/news/sidney-auth...ssing-teacher/

'Items' found, still no leads

Authorities say some "items" have been found, but there are no new leads into the whereabouts of missing teacher Sherry Arnold, who disappeared Saturday morning during her normal run.

More: http://www.sidneyherald.com/articles...1346983879.txt
    The shoe certainly makes it sound as if she may have been grabbed by someone, and I cringe at hearing it was found in an area known as the "truck route"...that just gives me a terrible feeling. Hope I'm wrong and they can find her soon and safe!

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to bdawk20 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bdawk20 View Post
    The shoe certainly makes it sound as if she may have been grabbed by someone, and I cringe at hearing it was found in an area known as the "truck route"...that just gives me a terrible feeling. Hope I'm wrong and they can find her soon and safe!
    You posted exactly what I was feeling/thinking. I pray for her and her family!

What is the "truck route" like? The article says that this is her regular route to jog.
    Do others jog there?
    Does it have a great deal of truck activity there?
    Was it still dark in Sidney, Montana at 6:30 a.m.?

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

Oh no...sounds very bad so far...
    Just my opinion, of course.

12. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Oh no...sounds very bad so far...
    That's what I was thinking . If there is a shoe missing, makes me think there was a struggle. I sure hope not! Prayers that Sherry will be found safe and return to her family!
    Seeking Justice for those who can't. Wanting justice for precious Jhessye!

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wantjustice For This Useful Post:

Seeking Justice for those who can't. Wanting justice for precious Jhessye!

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wantjustice For This Useful Post:

Search fails to find missing Sidney, Mont., woman.

A Sidney, Mont., school teacher remains missing despite hundreds searching for her until dark Sunday.

[snip]

Burnison said there is no clear evidence of foul play and it’s still being handled as a missing person search.

But a shoe “positively” identified as Arnold’s was found off the road in a ditch Saturday along a route she normally runs, he said.

Nothing else has been found, he said. No suspects have been identified and no similar incidents have happened recently in the area, Burnison said.

More: http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...roup/homepage/

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

I just read about this case on msnbc.com and came here to find out more. Hopefully the national coverage will yield more information.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45926069.../#.TwsOC6XwseM

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to liltexans For This Useful Post:

A town of only 5,000 people, this just doesn't sound like a stranger abduction, but could be a drive through perp.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mendara For This Useful Post:

http://www.examiner.com/missing-pers...r-from-montana

This article says she was last seen leaving her house to go for a run. I thought the other link said she was seen out on her run that morning. I'd love them to clarify this....there can be a huge difference between the two. I am certainly not accusing anyone, but if she was never seen after she left the house, how can anyone be sure she ever left the house at all?

24. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to bdawk20 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bdawk20 View Post
    http://www.examiner.com/missing-pers...r-from-montana

This article says she was last seen leaving her house to go for a run. I thought the other link said she was seen out on her run that morning. I'd love them to clarify this....there can be a huge difference between the two. I am certainly not accusing anyone, but if she was never seen after she left the house, how can anyone be sure she ever left the house at all?
    Arnold left her home in Sidney for a run at about 6:30 a.m. Saturday. A witness reported seeing someone matching the missing woman's description that morning near where the shoe was found, Burnison said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45926069.../#.TwsOC6XwseM

eta
    Posted before reading Boilly's detailed post. Welcome, Boilly!

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:

I hope she is found safe.

I don't want to be the one who brings this up, but it is eerily similar to Lori Hacking, Lacie Peterson, and most recently Nancy Cooper (all were reported to have gone out in the a.m. for a walk/run and never returned). With Nancy's case, an eye witness did say she saw Nancy out running, but the prosecution was able to convince the jury it was someone who looked like her, but wasn't her.

Hopefully this woman's husband isn't involved, but since the teenagers didn't see her leave for her run, I'm still on the fence.

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownRice View Post
    I hope she is found safe.

I don't want to be the one who brings this up, but it is eerily similar to Lori Hacking, Lacie Peterson, and most recently Nancy Cooper (all were reported to have gone out in the a.m. for a walk/run and never returned). With Nancy's case, an eye witness did say she saw Nancy out running, but the prosecution was able to convince the jury it was someone who looked like her, but wasn't her.

Hopefully this woman's husband isn't involved, but since the teenagers didn't see her leave for her run, I'm still on the fence.
    I haven't formed an opinion on this, either. I visited the Sidney High School website and saw both Sherry's and Gary's photos, credentials, etc., and from all appearances, they have been long-time dedicated educators. Still, one never knows what goes on behind closed doors. jmo

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mendara View Post
    A town of only 5,000 people, this just doesn't sound like a stranger abduction, but could be a drive through perp.
    I live in a town half that size and I don't know everybody. People move away, people move in. I see people I don't know all the time in our local supermarket. They may not be strangers, but I don't know them.
    Could be a trucker passing through, or someone who lives in another part of the state who was out trolling for victims. Anything is possible.

32. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TxLady2 For This Useful Post:

Search resumes for missing Sidney teacher Sherry Arnold

[snip]

On Monday, a smaller search team will comb a larger area.

Authorities say time is of the essence in this investigation; Burnison noted, "We're going to keep going until we can get some answers here. We just want to find her you know. Our hope is she's okay."

More: http://www.krtv.com/news/search-resu...sherry-arnold/

34. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Authorities take over search Monday morning

Law enforcement and fire and rescue workers from Richland and the surrounding counties took over the search operation Monday morning for missing Sidney teacher Sherry Arnold. Authorities met early to decide where to concentrate efforts for the day.

Sidney Assistant Police Chief Bob Burnison said officials would continue the search in northeast Sidney and expand to the entire county.

[snip]

Officials were conducting interviews, collecting any surveillance tapes and searching for any possible witnesses to help in the investigation. Police have no suspects or persons of interest at this point, Burnison said.

More: http://www.sidneyherald.com/articles...a295005571.txt

36. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed View Post
    Authorities take over search Monday morning

Law enforcement and fire and rescue workers from Richland and the surrounding counties took over the search operation Monday morning for missing Sidney teacher Sherry Arnold. Authorities met early to decide where to concentrate efforts for the day.

Sidney Assistant Police Chief Bob Burnison said officials would continue the search in northeast Sidney and expand to the entire county.

[snip]

Officials were conducting interviews, collecting any surveillance tapes and searching for any possible witnesses to help in the investigation. Police have no suspects or persons of interest at this point, Burnison said.

More: http://www.sidneyherald.com/articles...a295005571.txt
    This article says she was last seen when she left home at 6:30 a.m. I hope other witnesses step forward and/or surveillance tapes around town gives us more clues!

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

I realize this is a bit off the wall, but I wonder if she could have been hit by one of the trucks and instead of calling ambulance etc. he/they just pulled her in the vehicle and took off.
    They wouldn't want to waste time doing all the reports and interviews especially if the driver was to blame.
    Last edited by taagean; 01-09-2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: spelling

40. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to taagean For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by taagean View Post
    I realize this is a bit off the wall, but I wonder if she could have been hit by one of the trucks and instead of calling ambulance etc. he/they just pulled her in the vehicle and took off.
    They wouldn't want to waste time doing all the reports and interviews especially if the driver was to blame.
    BBM. It's happened before. Sometimes accidentally sometimes not. IIRC, something very similar happened recently.

42. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    First I've heard about this, but I see there's already a thread From my Comcast/Xfinity homepage moments ago:

Mont. teacher disappears while running; shoe found
    By MATTHEW BROWN, AP
    19 minutes ago

BILLINGS, Mont. — Authorities expanded their search Monday for a high school teacher who's missing from an oil boom town in northeast Montana, after recovering only a single running shoe since she failed to return from a weekend run.

The search for algebra teacher Sherry Arnold, 43, focused on a 10-square-mile area north of the town of Sidney near the North Dakota border. That's in the general vicinity of the roadside ditch where Arnold's shoe was discovered Saturday along one of her running routes...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/...ntana.Teacher/

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by taagean View Post
    I don't think that's "off the wall" at all. I think at this point, that seems most likely what happened to her. And it DOES happen - I've heard it before and actually I think that's probably what happened to Rachel Cooke. So yeah, I agree with you.

The part I don't understand is the shoe. I'd like to know what kind of shoe, exactly, it is. Because I can't even take off my jogging shoes except to unlace them and remove them with my hands - I can't pull them off using one foot against the other the way you can remove looser shoes.

46. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    I don't think that's "off the wall" at all. I think at this point, that seems most likely what happened to her. And it DOES happen - I've heard it before and actually I think that's probably what happened to Rachel Cooke. So yeah, I agree with you.

The part I don't understand is the shoe. I'd like to know what kind of shoe, exactly, it is. Because I can't even take off my jogging shoes except to unlace them and remove them with my hands - I can't pull them off using one foot against the other the way you can remove looser shoes.
    I can't help wondering if the "shoe" is a red herring. If Sherry was accustomed to running at the same time along the same route most mornings, someone could have tossed the shoe beside the road to make it look like Ms. Arnold had done her usual run that morning. jmo

48. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post

There's a picture of the shoe in this link, although it only shows the bottom.
    http://www.ktvq.com/news/sidney-auth.../#!prettyPhoto[gallery]/1/

50. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bdawk20 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast