Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    A 5:30am walk on a Sat morning?

Pitch black, ungawdly hour.

Thus, no witnesses saw her leave her house, assuming she left by 6:30am and assuming the 2 teens were still asleep.

I don't know. That sounds very...hmmmm.... I just don't know what to think about that.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Madeleine74 For This Useful Post:

Article about business that burned in Sidney mentioned by Boilly. From the Sidney newspaper (Sidney Herald).

Link to article

And saw this article in the Herald too.

Sidney Police Chief Frank DiFonzo stressed Tuesday morning that authorities aren’t leaning toward an abduction case regarding the search for Sherry Arnold.

“It could be an abduction or it could be she got hurt and disoriented and wandered off,” DiFonzo said. “I’m not saying it’s one or the other.”

http://www.sidneyherald.com/articles...7117363552.txt

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    my take: these are outside enthusiasts with outside-enthusiast habits; mister nurse and I are exactly the same: we snow shoe, hike, bike, cross country ski, do triathlons, etc... we do not necessarily tell each other when we go.. we just know that we do.. and especially on winter break (they both worked for the school system) you get up, go out, and "get er done".. as me and mister nurse call it.

I do not own a taser... I do not own pepper spray.. I put on my stuff and I go out and run. I go out when I get up.. and I get up early at times to do it...

I do not find this strange at all with this athletic family.

It is very well that he knows what is missing from her athletic clothes without having last seen her..

I would know what was missing from Mister Nurse's gear just because 1) I know what he likes to wear in certain temperatures, know what drawers he leaves half open etc and 2) know what he wears in certain seasons...
    oh... and I wash it LOL

If she is anything like me (I am an avid runner) I wear my same hoodie and stuff in certain weather.. I don't know.. I just would not put much stock into the hinky meter here in this case of apparel... jmhoo..

I truly think she met up with something very bad and wrong on the truck road she was running on... just a feeling I have...

:two cents:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    A 5:30am walk on a Sat morning?

Pitch black, ungawdly hour.

Thus, no witnesses saw her leave her house, assuming she left by 6:30am and assuming the 2 teens were still asleep.

I don't know. That sounds very...hmmmm.... I just don't know what to think about that.
    Earlier today, I responded to a post about being "on the fence" and said that I hadn't formed an opinion yet. This afternoon, I read about an interview with Sherry's dad and thought that it was strange that her father was talking about searching for his daughter and not her husband. After hearing the phone interview with Gary Arnold on Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell this evening, I'm starting to fall off the fence GA made some strange comments that have me wondering now what his involvement in her disappearance might be. jmo

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Noway View Post
    Article about business that burned in Sidney mentioned by Boilly. From the Sidney newspaper (Sidney Herald).

Link to article

And saw this article in the Herald too.

Sidney Police Chief Frank DiFonzo stressed Tuesday morning that authorities arent leaning toward an abduction case regarding the search for Sherry Arnold.

It could be an abduction or it could be she got hurt and disoriented and wandered off, DiFonzo said. Im not saying its one or the other.

http://www.sidneyherald.com/articles...7117363552.txt
    Hurt and disoriented implies a head injury. I feel like they would have found her by now if that were the case. So odd...

9. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to bdawk20 For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

seeing double?

nursebeeme: Why are your posts showing up in duplicate?

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

I'm nowhere near a fence even at this point, let alone falling off of one in either direction.

I know we like to think we are 'sleuthers' but in reality we are not inside this or any investigation on any of these missing person cases, and until more information is released (and confirmed by someone in an official capacity so it's not just a rumor) we can't do much more than guess and speculate.

Speculation is always rampant and oftentimes there is more misinformation than valid information. I was especially struck by this upon listening to Jeff Ashton on websleuths's radio in his interview and he more or less pointed out how people on forums think they have inside info when all they are really doing is speculating and creating rumors based on partial info and assumptions. He mentioned this a few times and I understood exactly what he was saying. We are following along and really know nothing that isn't published in the media and to pretend otherwise doesn't really align with reality.

I don't know what to think about the husband going out for a 5:30am walk...that might be something typical/normal for him. All I know is his not being at home when she allegedly left removes eyewitnesses who saw Sherry at home and then leave from her home for her run. It also puts in some question what time she actually left. If she left to go on a run, that is.

13. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Madeleine74 For This Useful Post:

At least this husband is talking and is not hiding out. That gives him an automatic 50 points for good behavior at this point. I am not saying that he is not responsible for this - just look at the Cotta case - however, I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now. He did sound a bit hinky, but I would too if I was on a national TV show. I would be scared out of my wits.

Quote Originally Posted by bdawk20 View Post
    Hurt and disoriented implies a head injury. I feel like they would have found her by now if that were the case. So odd...
    I agree...why hasn't she been found? It is not a heavily wooded area full of growth is it? And I am guessing that it is indeed blood on her shoe, if they are talking "injury."

I hope it can be determined if the blood was "placed" on the shoe or came there by dripping, etc...(IF it is blood, of course.)
    Just my opinion, of course.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

I wonder if LE has searched the Arnolds' home?
    It's interesting that they aren't leaning toward an abduction at this point.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

I feel that it was likely blood on the shoe. Otherwise, how would they have declared it to be her shoe so quickly. I wonder given her background in education if her DNA is already on file.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:

I wonder if they are questioning any students that may have a grudge against her? When I taught, there were students who had severe emotional/behavioral disorders who could become violent quickly. Safety was a big concern of mine in the classroom. I had students who committed physical and sexual assaults in my class, and it did make me very nervous.

Hoping for a good outcome.

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jjw For This Useful Post:

Boilly said it was dark at 6:30....and 2 witnesses in the dark could identify her entire outfit down to a black headband? I'm not saying they are even the source of what she was wearing, but if her husband wasn't home and they saw her in the dark.......huh??
    Flood lights? I assume the P.O. was only open for employees.

*All posts are my opinion only, and only my opinion.*

mama to 12 / adoptive parent educator

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dillysmom11 For This Useful Post:

I just heard her husband on the JVM re-run and I didn't find anything at all suspicious in what he said. For what it's worth...I think I'm pretty good at telling if guys are possibly lying (I'm generally not so good with women) and nothing he said raised any suspicion with me.

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Chili Fries For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    if a vehicle hit her, could she have been thrown into the ditch (with enough force that her shoe comes off)? how far is the ditch from the road? when I think ditch, I think right beside the shoulder of the road but someone upthread said it was a drainage ditch or something and not right beside the road?

in one scenario, the driver panics (speeding, DUI, suspended/no license, illegal immigrant, person wanted on warrants, truck driver way over his log limit) and puts her in the vehicle ... (this is the theory I think is most likely) It was dark out and it doesn't sound like she was wearing any reflective clothing or stripes (that we know of yet)

or in an abduction scenario, the driver bumps her just enough to stun her, grabs her, she struggles, thereby dislodging the shoe either intentionally or not - dragging her foot through gravel or against the side of a car will loosen it IMO

when a body is hit by a several-tonne vehicle, shoes come off, regardless of how snug the fit or how tightly tied - it happens frequently IMO

brake marks/tire tread marks or scraped off paint could be valuable evidence here if they are able to isolate any (maybe the vehicle went off into the ditch or hit a traffic sign ...)
    When I heard about the shoe being found in a ditch..it was my first thought thst she had been hit by a vehicle.
    i myself have been hit by a car going 40mph when I was 12 yrs old. Both my lace up shoes flew off my feet.

28. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to tink92 For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast