IA - Chanel Hanley, 19, questioned after placenta found, 7 Jan 2012

peeples

Reaction score
How sad :( :(

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ma...cle_7ecf6d92-3af3-11e1-9ad8-001871e3ce6c.html

asking the public's help in locating a premature newborn baby after cleaning staff at the Iowa Workforce Development Center found an umbilical cord and placenta in one of its restrooms Saturday.

Officers have located the mother, Chanel Hanley, 19, of Charles City, according to a news release from the Mason City Police Department. However, she has not cooperated with the police,

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ma...cle_7ecf6d92-3af3-11e1-9ad8-001871e3ce6c.html

The baby is believed to be 29-32 weeks old and weigh about 3 pounds.

Poor little Angel :(

found an umbilical cord and placenta in one of its restrooms Saturday.

Officers have located the mother, Chanel Hanley, 19, of Charles City, according to a news release from the Mason City Police Department. However, she has not cooperated with the police,

Officers have located the mother, Chanel Hanley, 19, of Charles City, according to a news release from the Mason City Police Department. However, she has not cooperated with the police, the release stated.

She was IN a hospital!!! Why didn't she ask for help? Could she have been on drugs and so selfish that getting in trouble was more important to her than saving her baby's life?

Arghhh!

ETA: she had warrants so I guess that was reason enough for her​

My mom used to sub. at the Mason City workforce and it's a fairly small office compared to most. It's a state office where people go to look for work and file for unemployment. You can sit and talk with advisors who will help you put together a resume, help with online job searches etc....

Maybe she thinks if there's no body, there's no case? Face it, lady, they can prove that you gave birth to a baby. That alone will go pretty far.

I'm figuring at some point soon, or when they find the body, she will say that it was stillborn, but the only reason I can think of for hiding the body is because she knows otherwise.

I wonder how they located her?

I would think they found her from the security cams and someone knew her. MOO

:( Having had preemie twins myself, one of them a three-pounder, this can't be good unless someone has this wee one in the hospital by now.

me either horsie :(
I had twins at 32 weeks, they were 3 lbs, and I had excellent prenatal care, steroid shots before they were born etc.. and they still needed vent and cpap help :(
If the baby was born alive, no way he/she could have lasted a really long time without at the very least nose canula oxygen :(

i had preemie twins as well, 32 weekers and they were 3 lbs and even with excellent prenatal care, bed rest, steroid shots etc.. they had to be on vents and Cpap.
Mine were boys, and girls do much better as preemies than boys do... we can pray this baby was a girl and maybe just hidden somewhere :(

Oh no! Precious baby is missing and mom's not cooperating :(. Some days it is hard to believe what happens in this world today!

Oh my heart just cannot take another one. Poor sweet baby.

So she gave birth in the restroom? How did they find out who she was?

It would be a miracle if this baby was found alive. :(

Oh my gosh... the baby only weighs three pounds.

I think this 'mother' didn't want them to test the baby for drugs.

Wait, how do they know the baby is 3 pounds? Because of the size of the placenta?:waitasec:

I do not like this at all :(

....And this is terrible to even think about, but is it possible to have disposed of a little baby by flushing it down the commode? God that's horrible and I feel bad for even thinking it.

It pains me to say this, but I would be checking trash cans in the immediate area or maybe dumpsters. Poor baby.

Wait, how do they know the baby is 3 pounds? Because of the size of the placenta?:waitasec:

I do not like this at all :(

Moo, but i think they are guessing based on gestational age. Since mom is not cooperating, i think they are going by maybe friends or family guess's at how far along she is....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back