736 users online (83 members and 653 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 112 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wasnt_me View Post
    does she look like Meredith to anyone else?

Oh, I was just about to tell you I remembered reading that,but you found it. RG's history was the reason it all happened. It's uncanny how he can sit in jail and be mad that the other two "got off" and he's the only one in jail. Unless he really did happen to have unknown accomplices, he has nothing to be mad about. He only got 16 years!
    I've still got my eye on Kokomani. This is partly why I believe he's remained so silent on telling the truth of that night - because it possibly involves a friend of his, a friend he's covering for, a friend he'll need once he has to re-assimilate to society.

Quote Originally Posted by Monzoo View Post
    I'm glad to see the discussion back.

Next up, presumably, is the defense and or prosecution appeal motions. Due by the end of the month.

Anyone want to make a guess as to whether:

1. The defense (Amanda's) will appeal the one standing conviction, calunnia.

2. The prosecution will appeal

3. The outcome at the end of any appeals

How about the other related cases? Aren't there a pile of charges against AK, her family, the Sollecito family and various lawyers pending?
    There is also the upcoming book "Meredith" by her father Jon which should be an interesting read, although I have no idea what angle the book will take, whether it will even address the case or what.

Oh, I was just about to tell you I remembered reading that,but you found it. RG's history was the reason it all happened. It's uncanny how he can sit in jail and be mad that the other two "got off" and he's the only one in jail. Unless he really did happen to have unknown accomplices, he has nothing to be mad about. He only got 16 years!
    Exactly, and the Kerchers may have to come to grips with the fact that he was the SOLE killer, and got a paltry sentence (people get 3 x this for far less in the US, but the US has gone too far in that extreme). I do feel for the Kerchers, as Maresca likely misled them about the strength of the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkmus View Post
    There is also the upcoming book "Meredith" by her father Jon which should be an interesting read, although I have no idea what angle the book will take, whether it will even address the case or what.
    Hi, Malkmus! I believe he will bring in the case.

Next up, presumably, is the defense and or prosecution appeal motions. Due by the end of the month.

How about the other related cases? Aren't there a pile of charges against AK, her family, the Sollecito family and various lawyers pending?
    1. Many say she should, but just as many believe she and her legal team will simply want to cut their losses, and leave it all behind, even though an unfair calumnia charge will stand.
    2. A very respected poster on another forum believes the prosecution will NOT appeal. We shall see.
    3. I believe Hellmann will be upheld.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    does she look like Meredith to anyone else?
    In that picture, slightly. In others, not at all:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...e_2102915b.jpg

I sincerely hope he does not. Those who have the technical knowledge on the court system will have to chime in, but I thought we've always said the sup. court will only consider technical issues, not the evidence? If that's the case, we'd have to find out if the appeals court errored in any way with procedure.
    Yes, I believe they said the appeal would be a one day affair, behind closed doors, and argued only on the most narrow, technical terms. Let us pray the prosecution will not bother, and that the appellate court did not err.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseMontague View Post
    Good to see the discussion has re-opened here. The Hellmann report is common sense, the same common sense that many on the side of innocence have been pointing out for several years.
    Yes indeed. And yet as Rolfe has pointed out on JREF, those who advocate guilt of the defendants believe that Hellmann has been fed the PR campaign's stories: They seem not to see that it was empirical fact, and not PR spin, which was set forth.

I've still got my eye on Kokomani. This is partly why I believe he's remained so silent on telling the truth of that night - because it possibly involves a friend of his, a friend he's covering for, a friend he'll need once he has to re-assimilate to society.
    Re-reading the article from the Sun about Kokomani it never occurred to me that Kokomani actually admitted to parking his car outside the cottage the night of the murder. I think the way in which it was written threw me off and I thought it was the night before.

the day before Meredith's body was found convicted small-time drug dealer Kokomani PARKED his car in the driveway of the two-storey home she shared in Perugia, Italy.
    Last week he confirmed in a phone interview he had parked his black Golf in front of the house Meredith and Amanda shared — which had been empty.
    When you think about both Guede and Kokomani being at the cottage the night of the murder, and add in both their crazy tales it becomes apparent that they are probably covering for each other.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...th-family.html

OMG, I forgot about all this. The drama never ends!
    "If Jodi's lips are moving...if her pen is moving...then she lie, lie, lies!"

That should be interesting. I don't imagine you could discuss her life without talking about her death. She was only 21, wasn't she? Her life, unfortunately, is probably not of great interest without the details of her tragic murder.

If the Hellmann verdict is upheld, at least in regards to the murder, I would imagine that it would limit the amount he could talk about AK and RS. He would have to walk a tight line to avoid slandering them, assuming he still believes them guilty. UK slander laws are a lot less forgiving than US ones.

Re-reading the article from the Sun about Kokomani it never occurred to me that Kokomani actually admitted to parking his car outside the cottage the night of the murder. I think the way in which it was written threw me off and I thought it was the night before.

When you think about both Guede and Kokomani being at the cottage the night of the murder, and add in both their crazy tales it becomes apparent that they are probably covering for each other.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...th-family.html
    Now I'm convinced this was RG's accomplice. His car must be the car that the tow truck driver saw outside the house. The article says "the day before the body was found," meaning it was the last day she was alive. I knew this olive-throwing idiot was making up stories for some good reason. Let's not forget, didn't he get out of town, just like RG did, after the crime? Koko had no need to insinuate himself into this case, but he did because he knew he'd parked out there in front of that house the night of the murder.

I don't know how long his car was parked out there, though. Cause the tow truck driver saw a dark car in the driveway at what time? 1015 or 1115pm?
    "If Jodi's lips are moving...if her pen is moving...then she lie, lie, lies!"

I guess I should answer my own questions!

I don't have stong opinions about this and could change my mind. However, I believe that the prosecution and AK will both appeal.

My prediction is that the murder acquittals will be upheld, and the calunnia conviction will be overturned. Not sure if it will be a "directed" not guilty verdict or if the case will be sent back for retrial.

Now I'm convinced this was RG's accomplice. His car must be the car that the tow truck driver saw outside the house. The article says "the day before the body was found," meaning it was the last day she was alive.
    I find Kokomani quite suspicious. Don't know that there is any actual evidence that could be used against him though. I don't think we will ever learn the whole truth.

Page 3 of 112 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast