Page 5 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    Wasn't there a story once that RG was meeting a friend around that area that night? I don't remember now.

I do recall RG saying that he talked to some friends before his "date," but those friend or that friend says he never saw RG that day. So maybe it was Kokomani he'd been talking ot instead. I have a wild and unsubstaniated theory.

How about RG is planning to squat at the cottage. He tells Kokomani that he'll be spending time there "house sitting" or some crap like that and invites Kokomani over there. Don't these two know each other? So it's not unreasonable, right?

So RG goes, breaks in, MK shows up, Kokomani happens to arrive during the struggle and murder. What color is hair? maybe RG is describing Kokomanni in his story when he says another man comes in and starts killing MK.

So maybe Kokomani gets there right at the murder time or right after, and RG covers MK, lets Kokomani in.

maybe it's farfetched, but....he was on the street, that much we know.

Alicia DeBolt Murder Case Files (interviews, transcripts, etc):
    https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B98...NDEzOGY5&hl=en

RS's appeal translated:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wasnt_me For This Useful Post:

I like comparing the three Motivations reports. We need to do more of that.

RS's appeal translated:

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wasnt_me For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wasnt_me View Post
    I like comparing the three Motivations reports. We need to do more of that.
    Massei, Hellmann.....what is the third? You mean Machelli?

According to LondonJohn on JREF, the local prosecution in Perugia (Mignini et al) do not have anything to do with the appeal in the Court of Cassation of Hellmann's verdict - it is wholly up to the Attorney General - and he believes no appeal may be filed at all, in the end. We shall see by Jan 29 I guess...

In any case , i was not aware of this...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SMK For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    According to LondonJohn on JREF, the local prosecution in Perugia (Mignini et al) do not have anything to do with the appeal in the Court of Cassation of Hellmann's verdict - it is wholly up to the Attorney General - and he believes no appeal may be filed at all, in the end. We shall see by Jan 29 I guess...

In any case , i was not aware of this...
    He might be right.

My gut instinct -- based on absolutely no evidence -- is that they will appeal. Pehaps not enthusiastically, though.

One thing I am curious about: I wonder how often, in the face of an acqittal in the second level trial, Italian prosecutors decline to appeal to the Supreme Court?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Monzoo For This Useful Post:

SMK

Quote Originally Posted by Monzoo View Post
    He might be right.

My gut instinct -- based on absolutely no evidence -- is that they will appeal. Pehaps not enthusiastically, though.

One thing I am curious about: I wonder how often, in the face of an acqittal in the second level trial, Italian prosecutors decline to appeal to the Supreme Court?
    That is a good question.

And how many times have acquittals been overturned? I know of one case in Italy where the conviction stood again, after an acquittal.

I am also thinking they will appeal, but I wish they would not....

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SMK For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Monzoo View Post
    <

My gut instinct -- based on absolutely no evidence -- is that they will appeal. Pehaps not enthusiastically, though.>
    Well, someone on PMF has said that TJMK has heard that Chief Prosecutor Giovanni Galati is preparing his appeal report---yet someone on JREF said that if this were true, it would be in the news. So we still know nothing....

Well, someone on PMF has said that TJMK has heard that Chief Prosecutor Giovanni Galati is preparing his appeal report---yet someone on JREF said that if this were true, it would be in the news. So we still know nothing....
    There is something strange about this "breaking story" on TJMK. They cite Vogt's twitter account as the source but oddly don't quote the actual tweet. On PMF, someone has translated an Italian news story about the chief prosecutor potentially taking action... but it's from September. And I did a Google News search for Giovanni Galati (the CP) and the only story is one from today in which he is at the center of a reform movement for the way trials are carried out - primarily making sure the public is given access to all information, and not rely on false information in the press. Apparently PMF seems to think this is in regards to the "Knox PR supertanker". To which I think they need to reassess their evaluation of such news, because that particular supertanker had no affect on the Italian press.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Malkmus For This Useful Post:

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Malkmus View Post
    There is something strange about this "breaking story" on TJMK. They cite Vogt's twitter account as the source but oddly don't quote the actual tweet. On PMF, someone has translated an Italian news story about the chief prosecutor potentially taking action... but it's from September. And I did a Google News search for Giovanni Galati (the CP) and the only story is one from today in which he is at the center of a reform movement for the way trials are carried out - primarily making sure the public is given access to all information, and not rely on false information in the press. Apparently PMF seems to think this is in regards to the "Knox PR supertanker". To which I think they need to reassess their evaluation of such news, because that particular supertanker had no affect on the Italian press.
    Wow, thank you for this. I am going to link it on JREF, as they will find it very interesting.

I really REALLY hope they bring Kokomani into this again. If they open anything again, I bet they call him in. Now that they've had to alter the theory, they might find more room for his crazy self in the argument.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonata For This Useful Post:

SMK

Quote Originally Posted by Sonata View Post
    I really REALLY hope they bring Kokomani into this again. If they open anything again, I bet they call him in. Now that they've had to alter the theory, they might find more room for his crazy self in the argument.
    I think you are right....

@Malkmus:

One thing though that gets me angry:

Did Galati request an extension???

Andrea Vogt @andreavogt
    For those asking: court sources say deadline for #Perugia prosecutors/Kerchers to file #amandaknox cassation appeal is Feb. 18.

Exactly, and the Kerchers may have to come to grips with the fact that he was the SOLE killer, and got a paltry sentence (people get 3 x this for far less in the US, but the US has gone too far in that extreme). I do feel for the Kerchers, as Maresca likely misled them about the strength of the evidence.
    The kerchers ought to get Maresca onto Kokomani. Even if Kokomani Didn't actually kill MK, I believe he could give them some answers they need, if he'd tell the truth.

RS's appeal translated:

21. The Following User Says Thank You to wasnt_me For This Useful Post:

SMK

Massei, Hellmann.....what is the third? You mean Machelli?
    Yeah, I think you got all three. You know how I am with names....

I think it'd be interested because they've all had different takes on the case, but it would be interesting to see if all three agree on anything, and if they do, what? You know what I mean?

OMG, it will be SO much work since my other laptap got fried!

RS's appeal translated:

23. The Following User Says Thank You to wasnt_me For This Useful Post:

SMK

Quote Originally Posted by wasnt_me View Post
    Yeah, I think you got all three. You know how I am with names....

I think it'd be interested because they've all had different takes on the case, but it would be interesting to see if all three agree on anything, and if they do, what? You know what I mean?

OMG, it will be SO much work since my other laptap got fried!
    Yes, I agree it would be both interesting, and a lot of work. But well worth it. BTW, am very upset to realize Galati will be filing his appeal for Feb. 18. I had hoped they would not file.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to SMK For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast