695 users online (75 members and 620 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 145
  1. #1

    Oddities

    On a different forum, someone had suggested to posters that they list all the things they found odd in the JBR case. This one also seems to have a few of those, or at the very least, a few coincidences. Does anyone care to list some? Thanks.
    Mine:
    She had been angry and punished the boys earlier that day.
    She and Darin had fought that night as well.
    She had the box with personal papers out like she had been perusing them.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by jayla
    On a different forum, someone had suggested to posters that they list all the things they found odd in the JBR case. This one also seems to have a few of those, or at the very least, a few coincidences. Does anyone care to list some? Thanks.
    Mine:
    She had been angry and punished the boys earlier that day.
    She and Darin had fought that night as well.
    She had the box with personal papers out like she had been perusing them.
    Oooh there is lots I've only got time for my favourite at the moment though

    The bread knife had fibreglass and rubber derbis which was microscopically identical to what is produced when the screen is cut with the same knife

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,910
    Darlie claims to have been attacked first, and the boys as an afterthought.
    Darlie had "slicing" wounds, while the boys had deep penetrating stabbing wounds to the trunks of their body sure to kill them.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    6,295
    The sink had been cleaned up, and blood traces showed up with Luminol.

    That is a HUGE oddity, because what intruder would stop to clean up?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,261
    wasn't there only one set of footprints in all the blood that was in the house..just darlie's

    the biggest thing to me was the way she acted in the cemetery, some grieving mother.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    385
    If she was fighting the intruder and she knew her husband was upstais sleeping, why did she not scream her head off to wake her up ??

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,910
    Well, that's one of the problems. Darlie says on the 911 tape "I woke up -- I was fighting." However, in the courtroom, she claims that she never said she fought the intruder(s), but that she was "frightening." Why she would deny something that would have helped her goes further to show that she was, even through the trial, staging the entire thing.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Well, that's one of the problems. Darlie says on the 911 tape "I woke up -- I was fighting." However, in the courtroom, she claims that she never said she fought the intruder(s), but that she was "frightening." Why she would deny something that would have helped her goes further to show that she was, even through the trial, staging the entire thing.
    Officer Waddell also testified that she told him that she struggled with the intruder near the wine rack.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,910
    Another oddity. Darlie claims that Darin "fixed" the gate that goes from their backyard to the alley behind the house the day before the night of the murders. When police were investigating, they discovered that the gate dragged horribly and had to be actually lifted off the ground to be opened. Why would an intruder(s) who is trying to escape from a house where he/they just murdered two little boys and their mother is following them bother to close this gate? There's no way they went over the top of it.

  10. #10
    IrishMist's Avatar
    IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Southeastern Tennessee
    Posts
    7,469
    Some oddities that stick out for me...

    If Darlie did it, why did she summon help before damon was dead? She had no way of knowing that he'd die without identifying her as the murderer, why risk that?

    If an intruder did it, why didn't that yappy dog bark it's head off, and wake up Darin?

    I do wonder about that black car....

    But, if an intruder did it, why didn't he nab all of that jewelry that was on the counter?

    If Darlie did it, WHY? Why on earth would she do that? The only thing I can come up with is the remote possibility that it was her "drama queen" side gone wild. Maybe he said he wanted a divorce, and was taking the boys, and it was a "If I can't have them, then neither can you" kind of thing??

    There were some inconsistencies in the testimony of the nurses, i.e. there was blood on her hands, there wasn't blood on her hands... same with her feet. You can see from the pictures scratches and cuts that weren't put into the notes, or testified to by the nurses.

    But, the bruises in the pictures seem incredibly large to have come from this type of struggle, if that's where she got them. I would expect "finger print" bruises, you know what I mean?

    Darin doesn't make sense, either... you hear glass breaking, and your wife screaming hysterically-- yet you take the time to put on jeans?

    I don't know. I just don't know. I do believe there's more to this story than what we've heard, though.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,184
    I may have already written this on another thread but I thought it odd that Darlie kept saying that the boys had been stabbed and were dying. I know she claims to have found the knife on the floor but for all she knew the boys could have been shot, and I believe she told 911 they had been stabbed. Also, she wasn't medically trained, how would she know that the boys wounds were deep enough to cause death? Finally, I thought it really odd that Darlie would run towards or after the intruder instead of away from and towards where Darrin was upstairs. I can't see anyone picking up the knife and placing it on the counter. What if the intruder came back to the kitchen and grabbed the knife again. Most people would hang on to it like a weapon until getting their wits about them and figuring out what had happened.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,910
    Good post Irish Mist and welcome!!! This sentence from your post stood out for me:

    Darin doesn't make sense, either... you hear glass breaking, and your wife screaming hysterically-- yet you take the time to put on jeans?


    What actually makes even LESS sense if you can imagine, is that Darlie and Darin cannot seem to agree on just what Darin was wearing when he came down stairs.

    In one statement, one of them claims he sleeps in the nude, so he put his jeans on when he heard the screams. As you posted, this makes no sense.

    I've got three children and it also makes little sense to sleep nude when you've got an infant waking at all hours of the night - but of course its not unheard of, so I'll get back on track.

    In another statement, one of them says Darin only took the time to put on his glasses, as he's blind without them. Another statement has him leaving them upstairs.

    It may have happened, but I can't remember a statement where he put both the jeans and the glasses on. So, either he was nude, but he could see. Or, he had his pants on, but he was blind when he noticed all that stuff he said in his statement.

    We may never know the truth, but its inconsistencies like this that make many speculate that Darin was way more involved than we've heard yet.

    Hopefully, once they accept the fact that Darlie will be executed for the murders, one or the other will step forward and finally tell the truth.

  13. #13
    IrishMist's Avatar
    IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Southeastern Tennessee
    Posts
    7,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Good post Irish Mist and welcome!!! This sentence from your post stood out for me:

    Darin doesn't make sense, either... you hear glass breaking, and your wife screaming hysterically-- yet you take the time to put on jeans?


    What actually makes even LESS sense if you can imagine, is that Darlie and Darin cannot seem to agree on just what Darin was wearing when he came down stairs.

    In one statement, one of them claims he sleeps in the nude, so he put his jeans on when he heard the screams. As you posted, this makes no sense.

    I've got three children and it also makes little sense to sleep nude when you've got an infant waking at all hours of the night - but of course its not unheard of, so I'll get back on track.

    In another statement, one of them says Darin only took the time to put on his glasses, as he's blind without them. Another statement has him leaving them upstairs.

    It may have happened, but I can't remember a statement where he put both the jeans and the glasses on. So, either he was nude, but he could see. Or, he had his pants on, but he was blind when he noticed all that stuff he said in his statement.

    We may never know the truth, but its inconsistencies like this that make many speculate that Darin was way more involved than we've heard yet.

    Hopefully, once they accept the fact that Darlie will be executed for the murders, one or the other will step forward and finally tell the truth.
    I think he has to be, but somehow, I don't have the feeling that he killed them. Maybe he knows she did? I can picture in my mind... maybe she freaked, and killed them- it got the dog barking, which woke up Darin...
    He comes down and sees the carnage--- Darlie crying hysterically, realizing what's she's done...
    Darin saying "My God, what did you do, Darlie?"

    Would they, at that point, think: what's done is done, how do we get out of this?

    I don't know if we'll ever hear the truth. Even when she's executed, why would Darin come forward at that point? What would be in it for him?
    I think they'll stand by their stories.
    Well, at least Darin will... Darlie might get a little more vocal as her time comes closer, she may not want to go down alone.
    But will she take Drake's only remaining parent away from him?
    I go back and forth, and it remains to be seen... but I doubt we'll ever hear the whole truth.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,910
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishMist
    I think he has to be, but somehow, I don't have the feeling that he killed them. Maybe he knows she did? I can picture in my mind... maybe she freaked, and killed them- it got the dog barking, which woke up Darin...
    He comes down and sees the carnage--- Darlie crying hysterically, realizing what's she's done...
    Darin saying "My God, what did you do, Darlie?"

    Would they, at that point, think: what's done is done, how do we get out of this?

    I don't know if we'll ever hear the truth. Even when she's executed, why would Darin come forward at that point? What would be in it for him?
    I think they'll stand by their stories.
    Well, at least Darin will... Darlie might get a little more vocal as her time comes closer, she may not want to go down alone.
    But will she take Drake's only remaining parent away from him?
    I go back and forth, and it remains to be seen... but I doubt we'll ever hear the whole truth.
    Well she may be a different parent than the one who murdered the boys, but if she hasn't or can't change, grow, mature, then why would she possibly care if she takes Drake away from the one parent that he has? This is a woman who brutally murdered her sleeping children. I don't know if a psychopath can care.

    As far as what Darin knows, I think he'll keep quiet as long as Darlie does. I believe he's got enough knowledge to guaranty that not only will Darlie lose all her remaining appeals, but that everyone (except maybe her family), will disown her. She'll get no more "fan" mail, no more positive publicity, zip. I don't think she could handle that. As for what Darlie knows about Darin, its probably enough to have him arrested. I don't know what the DA's office or the police have on him, but something tells me Darin's not very well liked by either office.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    305
    The things that bother me the most are the sock in the alley and the cleaned up sink.

    Does anyone think that maybe Darlie was going to also kill herself and then backed out at the last minute ?

    Post pardum depression can lead to strange behavior, so if she did do it, why not confess and plead temporary insanity?

    I guess part of me believes she could be guilty but can not come up with a logical reason as to why.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast