ME ME - Virginia Pictou-Noyes, 26, Bangor, 24 April 1993

Sleuthster

Verified - friend of Wendy Huggy
Reaction score
Website
cynthiaparrott.blogspot.com
Didnt see her added on here. Found an article via News updates in Maine on my fb.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pictou-noyes_virginia.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1430dfme.html

Virginia Sue Pictou-Noyes
Missing since April 24, 1993 from Bangor, Penobscot County, Maine.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

• [*]Date Of Birth: April 2, 1967
    [*]Age at Time of Disappearance: 26 years old
    [*]Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 125 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Mi'kmaq Native female. Brown hair; brown eyes. High cheek bones.
    [*]Marks, Scars, Tattoos: Playboy Bunny tattoo on her left shoulder. A V shaped scar on her right forearm muscle, scar tissue on her left elbow.
    [*]Clothing: White T-Shirt, blue jeans and denim jacket.
    [*]Dentals/Fingerprints: A tooth indentation on one of her front teeth, left from center. Not available.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Virginia went missing on the evening of Sunday, April 24, 1993. She was last seen as a patient at the Bangor, ME Hospital.
Authorities believe she went missing from a truck stop in Houlton (which is about 2 hours away from Bangor) Her husband was in jail that night for assaulting Virginia, he did post bail but the authorities are unsure if he ever caught up with her.
Virginia is a Native American Indian of the Mi'kmaq Nation, mother of 5 children, and a resident of Easton, Maine. Her family is from Nova Scotia.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Maine State Police
Detective Madore
207-532-2261

I was wondering the same thing. When I first started reading the article, I thought - well, these guys couldn't have killed her because they were in jail. Reading on, obviously, that wasn't the case.

Prior to joining Websleuths I submitted a possible match between Virginia and an unidentified body.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2652

The race, height, age, and timeline match up.

I know it is a long shot because the case is in North Carolina and Virginia disappeared in Maine. However, she was assumedly hitch hiking at the time of her death as she got from the hospital in Bangor to the truck stop in Houlton without help from friends and family and without money. She could've gotten in a car with anyone.

Mother of 7 disappears, still no answers 20 years later

http://wgme.com/news/i-team/i-team-mother-of-7-disappears

It's been more than two decades since a mother of seven vanished in Northern Maine, while trying to get home to her kids.

Somewhere between a truck stop in Houlton and the Town of Easton, it's believed the life of Virginia Pictou-Noyes came to an end.

Police said Virginia was last seen walking north through the parking lot . Her brothers believe she was heading home on foot. They say she made it to a phone booth in Mars Hill.

They suspect foul play, but really don't know what happened.

"Our hearts tell us one thing, but then logic, you have to be logical about, 'Well, there's always that five percent chance it could've been something else, anything else," said Pictou. "It's just sad because there's five children, five children that grew up that didn't know their mom."

Family still searching for answers 25 years after disappearance

CARIBOU, Maine - "I hope that before my time comes, something does come up and says this is what we found, this is your daughters bones, where do you want them buried?"
eeca68f040af070673a3fd10b12ae2d8.jpg

Friends and family members gathered at Spruce Haven grounds in Caribou on Saturday to commemorate the life of Virginia Pictou, who went missing nearly 25 years ago.

It's a case that's still hasn't been solved.

"We're hoping somebody comes forward and speaks up for her, so that we can close on this case," said Francis Pictou, Virginia's older brother.

[...]

http://www.wagmtv.com/content/news/...s-25-years-after-disappearance-480689471.html

[h=1]Family of missing Easton woman seeks closure after 25 years[/h]
22309341_H23130821.JPG

Detectives believe she was able to reach Houlton before she made phone calls trying to get a ride home.

No one has seen her since that day 25 years ago.

Pictou-Noyes’ family has spent those years trying to put the pieces of her final day together.

“The first night after she went missing, my brother David and I literally drove up and down I-95 to measure the time it might take to walk or ride from Bangor to Houlton,” Pictou-Noyes’ sister Agnes Gould said at a press conference she and other members of her family held on April 20 to mark the 25th anniversary of her disappearance.
“Then we drove that same route again, stopping at every rest area, every turnoff and truck stop along the way. We did the same thing from Houlton to Mars Hill to Presque Isle to Easton,” Gould said.
The night before Gould’s sister went missing, Larry Noyes was charged with domestic assault and taken to Penobscot County Jail while Roger Noyes Jr. was issued a summons on an assault charge for his role in the alleged beating of Pictou-Noyes outside the Bangor bar. Larry Noyes was able to make bail and the charges against both men were dropped after Pictou-Noyes disappeared.

Gould recalled that her sister often confided in her about the abuse she allegedly endured at the hands of her husband, Larry Noyes, and tried to leave him on multiple occasions.
“She would call me and I would come pick up her and the children,” said Gould, who at the time was an outreach caseworker and spiritual leader for the Aroostook Band of Micmacs in Presque Isle. “They would live with me for a few weeks, then her abuser would come and say, ‘I’m sorry, babe. I won’t do that again. Come home.’ Then I would get a call from her a few weeks later, saying that the beatings had gotten worse.”

http://fiddleheadfocus.com/2018/04/...ng-easton-woman-seeks-closure-after-25-years/

Since their appearance last year on the Cable Public Affairs Channel, Pictou family members say that a witness who they won’t publicly identify to protect that individual has come forward to say Pictou-Noyes received a ride from Houlton to Easton from a truck driver.

The family members believe they know what happened but they need that truck driver to come forward to verify the information.
With support from the Hope and Justice Project in Aroostook, they have done many media interviews in hopes that the trucker will reach out to them and the Maine State Police and help them fill in the gaps in Pictou-Noyes’ story.

“You don’t know how important you are to the indigenous community, to the domestic violence community. We encourage you to please come forward so that we could put this case to a close and begin healing,” Francis Pictou said, referring to the truck driver. “That part of the timeline, from Houlton to Easton, is the only thing we’re missing.”
http://fiddleheadfocus.com/2018/04/...ng-easton-woman-seeks-closure-after-25-years/

April 27, 2023- good article about Virginia's life

Nov 29, 2017 - Virginia's nephew states what happened to her

April 24, 2018

<<Her family believes she was murdered, and police also suspect foul play in her case. Larry and Roger are the prime suspects in her disappearance. Both men had criminal records for a variety of offenses, including burglary, vandalism and arson. Virginia often confided to her brother about the abuse she suffered at Larry's hands, and she had tried to leave him with the children on several occasions, but Larry would always apologize and they would reconcile.

Larry stated his wife had had a romantic relationship with his brother prior to marrying him, and that one of their children may have in fact been Roger's. Larry maintained his innocence in Virginia's disappearance and stated he never abused her. He claimed Virginia left a note behind, saying she was leaving and would return when all their children were grown.

Roger died in 2009. In 2011, Larry pleaded guilty to several domestic violence charges unrelated to Virginia's case. By 2017, he was homeless, suffering from serious health problems and used a wheelchair for mobility. He died of liver failure in the summer of 2018.

Virginia resided in Easton, Maine in 1993, but many of her relatives live in Nova Scotia, Canada. Prior to her marriage she had four children by different men, the first born when she was fourteen years old, and dropped out of high school in her junior year. She married Larry at age 22 and had three additional children afterwards.

Virginia's two youngest children died in a fire in 1990, three years prior to her disappearance. Three others were taken from Larry's custody after Virginia went missing, and eventually adopted by another family.

Virginia's loved ones describe her as a devoted mother who would not have abandoned her family. Her case remains unsolved.>>

Name: Virginia Sue Pictou Noyes
Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: April 27, 1993
Location Last Seen: Houlton, Aroostook County, Maine

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: April 2, 1967
Race: Mi'kmaq Native
Height: 5'4" - 5'6"
Weight: 115 - 135 lbs
Hair Color: Brown, straight, shoulder length
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Pictou-Noyes
Distinguishing Marks/Features: High cheek bones; Playboy Bunny tattoo on her left shoulder; tattoo with "Larry" on right ankle; tattoo of small cross between right thumb and forefinger; a V-shaped scar on her right forearm muscle; scar tissue on her left elbow

Identifiers​

Dentals: Not Available; a tooth indentation on one of her front teeth, left from center
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: White T-Shirt; blue jeans; denim jacket; white LA Gear sneakers
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors