727 users online (117 members and 610 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

No more twinkies or hostess cupcakes or wonder bread???*UPDATE*

Childhood joy and great memories...Say it ain't so!

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/money/no...or-chapter-11-

No More Twinkies? Hostess Brands Preparing to File for Chapter 11

I am finally going to lose weight.

Too BIG TO FAIL...Bail out Hostess!!!!.lol. Just kidding, but I would miss Twinkies.

But I like Wonder White Whole Wheat bread!
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    What?! Wonder bread's been around well, since sliced bread! (groan)

seriously, I would miss it

totally thought Carla LaShelle posted this
    ~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

No more pink snowballs?! That cannot be. I am sure that I eat enough of them to keep the company in business.

OP link doesn't work for me, but...

TBH I haven't had one of their products for decades, but I bet this is one of "those" bankruptcies that reincarnates with no union workers, less pay, reduced or non-existent benefit packages, and few full time positions. And truthfully, their bakeries might be moved south of the border. (I know Hostess used to be good factory work a long time ago, but I don't know what it's been like lately. In truth, all those changes might already be in place.)

Now I ask you: if that is indeed what's happening here, will Twinkies, Snoballs, and White Bread have the same allure? Will you buy the "new" products?

eta: Yup, this is exactly what's going down. http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...,6871039.story

Sadly what Quiche described is happening to a lot of businesses. It is a way to cut costs, and it's not just businesses mind you, but that is another rant about America not taking care of it's own people anymore for $$ and the eventual failure of capitalism. Lol.

Did you guys really like those products??!!! To me they all tasted like old dish sponges soaking in mold! I have not had any of them since childhood as I could not tolerate the taste. Guess I'm okay if they go away. Sorry you guys will miss them, but you can buy mixes to make your own, or even from scratch. Or another brand will become available.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post
    Sadly what Quiche described is happening to a lot of businesses. It is a way to cut costs, and it's not just businesses mind you, but that is another rant about America not taking care of it's own people anymore for $$ and the eventual failure of capitalism. Lol.

Did you guys really like those products??!!! To me they all tasted like old dish sponges soaking in mold! I have not had any of them since childhood as I could not tolerate the taste. Guess I'm okay if they go away. Sorry you guys will miss them, but you can buy mixes to make your own, or even from scratch. Or another brand will become available.
    They used to be good, years and years ago! Now they taste like crisco mixed with wax.

CRUD!! My sensory sensitive son is orally defensive, wonder bread is his favorite (and mine). It would not be easy to replace it for DS.

I can proudly say that my 14 YO DS has never had a twinkie or ding-dong But I will admit that he grew up on white wonder bread! I'm gonna miss that, as is he. There's just no other white bread like it. How can anyone tell me I can't take a slice of bread and mush it into a ball and eat it.

Oh yummmm.....

Mel

Love me some Wonder bread! Can we bail them out?

I don't recall hearing they were shutting down, just filing bankruptcy. Did I miss something?

"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler".

Albert Einstein

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”.

Mahatma Gandhi

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast