No more twinkies or hostess cupcakes or wonder bread???*UPDATE*

I am finally going to lose weight.

Too BIG TO FAIL...Bail out Hostess!!!!.lol. Just kidding, but I would miss Twinkies.

But I like Wonder White Whole Wheat bread!

What?! Wonder bread's been around well, since sliced bread! (groan)

seriously, I would miss it

totally thought Carla LaShelle posted this

No more pink snowballs?! That cannot be. I am sure that I eat enough of them to keep the company in business.

OP link doesn't work for me, but...

TBH I haven't had one of their products for decades, but I bet this is one of "those" bankruptcies that reincarnates with no union workers, less pay, reduced or non-existent benefit packages, and few full time positions. And truthfully, their bakeries might be moved south of the border. (I know Hostess used to be good factory work a long time ago, but I don't know what it's been like lately. In truth, all those changes might already be in place.)

Now I ask you: if that is indeed what's happening here, will Twinkies, Snoballs, and White Bread have the same allure? Will you buy the "new" products?

eta: Yup, this is exactly what's going down. http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-twinkie-banruptcy-20120111,0,6871039.story

:cool:

Sadly what Quiche described is happening to a lot of businesses. It is a way to cut costs, and it's not just businesses mind you, but that is another rant about America not taking care of it's own people anymore for $$ and the eventual failure of capitalism. Lol.

Did you guys really like those products??!!! To me they all tasted like old dish sponges soaking in mold! :sick: I have not had any of them since childhood as I could not tolerate the taste. Guess I'm okay if they go away. Sorry you guys will miss them, but you can buy mixes to make your own, or even from scratch. Or another brand will become available.

Sadly what Quiche described is happening to a lot of businesses. It is a way to cut costs, and it's not just businesses mind you, but that is another rant about America not taking care of it's own people anymore for $$ and the eventual failure of capitalism. Lol.

Did you guys really like those products??!!! To me they all tasted like old dish sponges soaking in mold! :sick: I have not had any of them since childhood as I could not tolerate the taste. Guess I'm okay if they go away. Sorry you guys will miss them, but you can buy mixes to make your own, or even from scratch. Or another brand will become available.

They used to be good, years and years ago! Now they taste like crisco mixed with wax.

CRUD!! My sensory sensitive son is orally defensive, wonder bread is his favorite (and mine). It would not be easy to replace it for DS.

I can proudly say that my 14 YO DS has never had a twinkie or ding-dong :) But I will admit that he grew up on white wonder bread! I'm gonna miss that, as is he. There's just no other white bread like it. How can anyone tell me I can't take a slice of bread and mush it into a ball and eat it.

Oh yummmm.....

Mel

I don't recall hearing they were shutting down, just filing bankruptcy. Did I miss something?

Not to worry. They filed Chapter 11, which means they are filing for reorganization. They aren't going to quit making Twinkies, cupcakes, and pink, ooey gooey yummy Sno Balls:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/78174995/In-re-Hostess-Brands

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapter_11,_Title_11,_United_States_Code

Sno Balls are my "trip treat." As long as I can remember whenever we are on a trip and stop for a break and a snack, I get Sno Balls. Never eat 'em any other time. But if they were to quit making them, I'd just have to stay home!

I was never a Twinkie girl, but as a kid I had a penchant for Ding Dongs, lol. I think it was the skinny foil wrapper, for some reason! LOL I also liked the way Sno Balls sounded when I bit into them-- all the little air pockets dissolving or something.

I got Sno Balls with my allowance, sometimes, but Ding Dongs I scavenged/traded for with other kids' sack lunches. :) (I got plain old homemade cookies in mine.)

Not to worry. They filed Chapter 11, which means they are filing for reorganization. They aren't going to quit making Twinkies, cupcakes, and pink, ooey gooey yummy Sno Balls:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/78174995/In-re-Hostess-Brands

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapter_11,_Title_11,_United_States_Code

Sno Balls are my "trip treat." As long as I can remember whenever we are on a trip and stop for a break and a snack, I get Sno Balls. Never eat 'em any other time. But if they were to quit making them, I'd just have to stay home!

Yea!! Let's party!!:great:
hostesscake.jpg

I was never a Twinkie girl, but as a kid I had a penchant for Ding Dongs, lol. I think it was the skinny foil wrapper, for some reason! LOL I also liked the way Sno Balls sounded when I bit into them-- all the little air pockets dissolving or something.

I got Sno Balls with my allowance, sometimes, but Ding Dongs I scavenged/traded for with other kids' sack lunches. :) (I got plain old homemade cookies in mine.)

Remember when Ding Dongs were name-changed to King Dons? Who the he!! is King Don? :D

Mom used to put Twinkies and Hostess Cupcakes in our lunches. I don't like coconut and didn't care for Snoballs, but I recall that classmates peeled the outer layer off the cake and tossed it to see if it would bounce :crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back