1146 users online (209 members and 937 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

IA - Jackie Burkle charged in deaths of newborn twins, Huxley, Jan 2012

The state Department of Public Safety said Sunday that Huxley Police went to the woman's apartment in Huxley Saturday because someone was concerned about her welfare.

When police reached the apartment, they discovered that the woman had given birth to twins, and the babies did not survive.

Officials with the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation say when officers arrived they learned the 22-year-old woman had given birth to twin girls at home.

Read More: http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/upd...#ixzz1j6DscJLP
    Last edited by peeples; 01-10-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Link has been updated. Autopsy results aren't being released pending more tests. Not a good sign.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

The state Division of Criminal Investigation has release a few more details on the death of twin babies in Huxley. The D.C.I. says the Huxley Police Department was called on January 7th to check on the welfare of 22-year-old Jackie Burkle.
    http://www.radioiowa.com/2012/01/10/...ins-in-huxley/

They were little girls
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

UPDATE: Iowa mother arrested in death of twin baby girls

Read More: http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/upd...#ixzz1j6UGvZKU

HUXLEY, Iowa (AP) --- The mother of twin baby girls found dead in the trunk of a car in Huxley is charged with two counts of first-degree murder.

-----

Autopsies were performed Monday but results may not be available for several weeks.

Huxley police declined further comment. Telephone messages to the DCI weren't returned

mug shot in this article

http://www.whotv.com/news/who-story-...,5193719.story

The Department of Public Safety says 22-year-old Jackie Burkle of Huxley admitted to them that she acted to terminate the lives of both infants.

Authorities say 22-year-old Jackie Burkle was arrested Tuesday afternoon and taken to the Story County jail. The sheriff's department says Burkle is expected to have a court appearance on Wednesday.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/i...girls-15333871

why? when so many people would adopt them!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

I have one year old twin grandsons-I cannot imagine. I delivered twins 22 years ago, the girl survived, the boy did not. My heart is still broken today.. (The twin girl is the one that has the twin boys today-healed my heart so much!). How can someone deliberately do this?

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/m-b...871e3ce6c.html

being held on $1 million bond
    made her initial court appearance Wednesday
    say the 22-year-old Burkle lives with her parents. Police say they are working to identify the children's father,
    Huxley convenience store where police say Burkle works

Lots more info that fills in some blanks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

Incredibly the car was parked in front of her home, across the street from the police department in the town of about 2,800 people, about 20 miles north of Des Moines.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1jJdqPz9Y

Jackie Burkle, 22, of Huxley, Iowa, has been charged with two counts of first-degree murder after police found the infants' bodies in her car. Held $1M bail
    ~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

Quote Originally Posted by krimekat View Post

Jackie Burkle, 22, of Huxley, Iowa, has been charged with two counts of first-degree murder after police found the infants' bodies in her car.
    I can't get over this. They were in her car, in her trunk...

ACROSS the STREET from the POLICE STATION?!

How lazy do you have to be to not walk over to the police station to hand the babies over?
    Certainly the police station has to count as a safe haven location?
    People knew she was pregnant... she wasn't hiding it successfully... across the street... seriously?

I am a local to this story but not verified yet (not sure how to do that). I work for the same company that this girl worked for and we share the same supervisor but we work at different stores, about 30 miles apart.

It's my understanding that she told her co-workers and family that she was not pregnant, even when asked. She had worked for the company for awhile, then she left the state for awhile, when she came back and started working for the company again, she was obviously pregnant but told her co-workers she was not.

She does not have a criminal record. Her only record was when she got in a car accident and did not have insurance.

Since I am not verified yet, I can't go into any more details and I am not sure just how much I can say about this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast