Florida was weird as only it can be in 2011

mysticrose

The key to change... is to let go of fear
Reaction score
Florida was weird as only it can be in 2011

TALLAHASSEE — Did you hear about the giant Lego man that washed up on Siesta Key beach? What about the man who walked into a bar, ordered a beer and disappeared for 30 minutes to rob a bank, only to return and finish his drink? Or how about the puzzling story of the baby grand piano that showed up on a sandbar near Miami?

That's Florida, where weird is an everyday event.

Over the past year, a 92-year-old woman fired four shots at a neighbor who refused to kiss her, a Delray Beach man cut off a piece of a dead whale that washed ashore — planning to eat it — and an 8-year-old girl gave her teacher some marijuana and said: "This is some of my mom's weed."

The piano was a mystery for about a month. On Jan. 1, 2011, the charred instrument showed up on a Biscayne Bay sandbar, a couple hundred yards from shore. A 16-year-old student eventually admitted he put it there as part of an art project.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...orida-20111230,0,2059287.story?obref=obinsite

:floorlaugh: And I am considering moving there !

Thanks for posting that Mystic. I had read about some of them, but there were a lot of new ones. All were good. This esp. comes at a good time because I just got my tickets for a visit there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back