GUILTY UK - Michael Roberts for rapes of elderly women, Bermondsey, 2005

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
A dire character who roamed free for years, in spite of LE's best efforts to apprehend him:

'Your utter depravity knows no bounds - so you will die in prison': Beast of Bermondsey who raped elderly women jailed for life
A brutal rapist who terrorised elderly women in a suburb for more than a decade was told today he will live out his days behind bars.

Michael Roberts, 45, has become the first man to get a 'life means life' sentence for rape after raping three victims - one aged 83 - and viciously attacking a fourth in Bermondsey, south London.

Known as the Bermondsey Beast, he evaded justice for 15 years but was captured after a cold case review by Scotland Yard using advances in DNA.
---
First man in UK to get a "life means life" sentence for rape - let's hope this judicial trend continues:
Following a trial at Southwark Crown Court, the 45-year-old, of no fixed address, was given four life sentences by Judge Stephen Robbins.

Judge Robbins said: 'I do sentence you to imprisonment for the rest of your natural life ... your utter depravity knows no bounds, these are very grave offences.'
---
Roberts subjected his terrified victims to horrific ordeals during a series of violent burglaries in south London in the late 1980s
---
Perhaps he at least repented of his crimes when allowed to speak?
After the sentence was read out Roberts said: ‘I will only say this my lord, I am absolutely not guilty and I will...’ before he was dragged from the dock by prison guards.
---
much more at Daily Mail link above, including pictures and a timeline.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back