1461 users online (221 members and 1240 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

TX - Evan Montgomery, 18 mos, Houston, 12 Jan 2012

AMBER ALERT

The 1996 four-door green Jeep Cherokee has a Texas license plate BP2N042.

The vehicle has a sticker that reads "Baby on Board."

http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/ser...e&amberId=9630

Houston police say Evan Montgomery was in the back of the Jeep when it was stolen around 5:44pm from the parking lot of the Walmart store at 11200 S. Gessner.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...rticle-8503220

Police said the toddler's mother parked the SUV at the store and went inside to get cash from an ATM.

She left the keys in the ignition and the engine running.

Evan and an older cousin, a believed to be a 7-year-old girl, stayed in the Cherokee.

A man dressed in black jumped into the SUV, police said. The girl escaped.

"She managed to flee, that's when the suspect drove off," said HPD spokesman Kese Smith.

Williams said she had no idea if the man might have known the toddler was still in the car seat.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...SW-2496836.php

What is it about people leaving their babies in cars by themselves? And the keys in the ignition? She might as well sent out an invitation to take the baby. I hope they find him very soon.

Wow - that must be one desperate carjacker. It's unusual for someone to steal a car with 2 kids in it!

Now what is LE gonna do with mama? Isn't it a crime to leave your children unattended in a running vehicle? Child endangerement perhaps? Maybe if LE started charging these parents instead of coddling them, things would change.

In the meantime, I hope Evan is found before sunrise!

MOO

Mel

A black male dressed in black jumped in the car? Attempting to abduct the 7-year-old, but accidentally got the baby? And why would the guy sit in the car and talk to the 7-year-old. Why not immediately drive away?

This is just really freakin' bizarre.

But, it's Walmart. They MUST have security footage showing this, right?

I hope they have some good footage. I am glad the girl jumped out safely but she must feel really bad about the baby right now. MOM should feel ashamed of herself for leaving a little girl in a position like that. Left sitting in a running car with a baby in a parking lot!
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

This is horrible! Please just drop this precious child somewhere safe! I will keep praying.
    Seeking Justice for those who can't. There has been justice for Jhessye!

Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed View Post
    A black male dressed in black jumped in the car? Attempting to abduct the 7-year-old, but accidentally got the baby? And why would the guy sit in the car and talk to the 7-year-old. Why not immediately drive away?

This is just really freakin' bizarre.

But, it's Walmart. They MUST have security footage showing this, right?
    That's what I said.
    I initially thought "Bianca..."
    Then I thought... they must have video or witnesses to confirm this, that is a really specific time...

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I hope they have some good footage. I am glad the girl jumped out safely but she must feel really bad about the baby right now. MOM should feel ashamed of herself for leaving a little girl in a position like that. Left sitting in a running car with a baby in a parking lot!
    I didn't see it in the article, but where on earth did she park to go into a WALMART? It's not like you can pull up to the front of the store to go to an ATM. All the walmarts here in Southern California have HUGE parking lots and you have to walk to get to the store. And what about other people -- was anyone milling about?

I just pray there's footage of the <unusual person> and they can get it out to the media stat. Each hour that passes....

Ughhh!

Mel

TX - Evan Montgomery, 1, Houston, 12 Jan 2012

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=8503220

Updated at 04:25 AM today

Amber Alert issued for baby taken during car theft at Walmart store in SW Houston
    photo in video at link

Praying this baby is safe. Not understanding choosing to park a car to rn into a huge store. As was said, you have to walk a ways to get to the atm in any walmart. Why not utilize a drive up atm or a gas station where the atm is right inside the door?? And why let older girl get out but keep baby? The car jacker had to turn and see the girl open the door so he would've seen the cae seat. I have a hard time w/ coincidence's.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    HPD has set up a command post at the Walmart parking lot at 11200 S. Gessner. We've also learned that Texas Equusearch and the Laura Recovery Center have joined the search.
    http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=8503594

also... surv. photos released of suspect

(must watch video at link..... there was a good samaritan that tried to stop the car they need to come forward... there is a description of the perp... the car also hit a woman as it left the parking lot and the perp talked to the 7 y/o asking when her parents were going to come out of the store )

perp:
    black male
    mid 30s-early 40's
    black leather jacket
    kanga style drivers hat
    clean shaven
    around 6 ft 180-200 pounds
    unclear if he came to the walmart in a car or on foot

The woman told police she left her Jeep Cherokee running inside a handicap parking space to run back into the store for an item she forgot.
    “I left my son and my niece in the car because it is very, very cold, and windy, and I had just gotten them bundled up, and the heat had started running and I did not want to take them back out,” Niah O’Neil said.

The 7-year-old girl was able to get out of the vehicle, but the toddler was left inside as the vehicle was stolen, police said.
    O’Neil said she was only in the store for three minutes.
    “As I am running out I saw my niece running toward me screaming my name, and my car going down the road. I dropped everything and ran towards the car,” she said.
    http://www.khou.com/news/HPD-Mom-say...137223213.html

“She managed to flee, that’s when the suspect drove off,” said HPD spokesman Kese Smith. Allette Williams, who described herself as the family’s attorney, said the man got inside the SUV and briefly talked to the girl.

“The young girl actually got out and screamed. He drove off with the child in the car,” Williams said.

Williams said she had no idea if the man might have known the toddler was still in the car seat.

“The main focus of the family right now is the safe return of the child,” Williams said. The boy’s mother told KHOU-TV she was in the store for about three minutes.
    http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...at-2496836.php

I was hoping that this one would end fast. I fully expected the guy to ditch the car and the kid as soon as he realized he got more than he bargained for. Isn't that what carjackers or car thieves usually do when they realize they snagged a kid too? If not ditch the car, at least ditch the kid somewhere. What is this guy thinking? Let the kid out unharmed, and just keep going in the car. Grand theft is a much better charge than murder.

I'm not even going to comment on the kids being left alone in the car. I'm sure that mother never could have foreseen this happening, and I'm sure that nothing I can say will hold a candle to how she already feels this morning.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

sketch is up on front page here:
    http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/index

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast