1164 users online (248 members and 916 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Polly Beltramo for pinching children, Mountain View, 2012

In Mountain View, 46-year-old Polly Beltramo is accused of biting two children at a bookstore.

It happened around 1 p.m. on Thursday. The two kids were treated and released, so they are OK. The store co-owner of BookBuyers bookstore says the bites weren't too terrible, but he says the mother seemed quite traumatized.
    http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...bay&id=8503505
    Last edited by Salem; 01-15-2012 at 11:30 PM.

This must be a case of mental health issues. Nasty
    England's dancing days are done...

How utterly bizarre. Obviously someone with severe mental issues. Glad they caught her.

Her maiden/or middle name is "Fang".

The mom seemed quite traumatized? Ya think?

Wasn't there a very similar case not too long ago? I remember seeing footage of a woman in court and there were a handful of parents of victims in the courtroom who were interviewed after her hearing. Does anyone else remember this?!

I did a quick Google search and couldn't find it but did find another case of a woman biting a baby-- http://www.kpax.com/news/butte-woman...r-biting-baby/

Major mental issues.

Quote Originally Posted by davehead21 View Post
    Wasn't there a very similar case not too long ago? I remember seeing footage of a woman in court and there were a handful of parents of victims in the courtroom who were interviewed after her hearing. Does anyone else remember this?!

I did a quick Google search and couldn't find it but did find another case of a woman biting a baby-- http://www.kpax.com/news/butte-woman...r-biting-baby/

Major mental issues.
    There was a case recently of a woman scratching babies.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2011/...ets-jail-term/

Quote Originally Posted by BrownRice View Post
    There was a case recently of a woman scratching babies.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2011/...ets-jail-term/
    That was it!! Thank you so much, it was driving me crazy.

Cookbook aisle? (Sorry, could not resist.) Horrible story, hope she's not released till she gets the help she needs.

Some random person ever bites my kid, it's going to be pretty easy to find them. They'll be the ones with the bleeding mouth and all the missing teeth.

I'm glad the kids are going to be okay, and I hope there are no scars, especially to the little one that got bitten on the face.

I agree that this woman needs some help, I hope she gets it, but I also hope that if this was drug related, instead of mental illness related, that she gets the book(store) thrown at her.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

O.K. folks she "only" pinched the kids. Pinched them hard enough to draw blood and bruise them.

The biting came via the little girl who was sitting at a children's table. Mom was loooking at books while the baby was in his carrier right next to mom. When mom turned her attention to her daughter this woman then bent down and pinched the baby.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...514?source=rss

Polly there gave a reason to which we haven't found out yet.

Trusting by her mugshot and that she split to Starbucks after hurting the kids I wouldn't want to fight her. Then again someone touches your kids if not for all the chaos I side with NMK. Polly would need herself a Dentist.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    O.K. folks she "only" pinched the kids. Pinched them hard enough to draw blood and bruise them.

The biting came via the little girl who was sitting at a children's table. Mom was loooking at books while the baby was in his carrier right next to mom. When mom turned her attention to her daughter this woman then bent down and pinched the baby.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...514?source=rss

Polly there gave a reason to which we haven't found out yet.

Trusting by her mugshot and that she split to Starbucks after hurting the kids I wouldn't want to fight her. Then again someone touches your kids if not for all the chaos I side with NMK. Polly would need herself a Dentist.
    I agree with Filly and NMK (medical help would have to be summoned)....I have always been a protective Mother and now that I have the Grandbabies that protective instinct is 1000 times worse. As much as I hate not being charming and using my manners as my Mother taught me, we are not living in a polite and manner filled society anymore and I am adjusting. When we have the Babies out shopping, no one comes close to our basket, no one touches the babies, if someone is admiring the babies and looks as if they are about to touch, I simply say, don't touch....and smile. There will never be a time that while with me, that any one of my Grands with be sitting alone at a table in the children's section of a bookstore.
    Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy jewelry and lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion, Every Day Is Special.

In My Humble Opinion and I Reserve
    The Right To Change It As Often As Neccessary.

Human bites can be nasty because of bacteria, so it's good that these children were apparently not bitten.
    Just my opinion

How bizarre! And that there's been two accounts of this behavior in the news, blows my mind.

Glad the response was swift-- but really makes me wonder how long they got away with doing such a thing in private, because surely these public acts were an escalation. Creepy, sneaky, monster ladies.

yeah, I admit it, I'm mean. I know that violence is not the answer, but if someone were walking around biting children, knocking their teeth out would not be as much simple violence as it would be societal protection. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

By the way, if they weren't bitten, I'm very glad. Not that I'd be happier about a stranger pinching my kid, but as least there's less physical risk.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    yeah, I admit it, I'm mean. I know that violence is not the answer, but if someone were walking around biting children, knocking their teeth out would not be as much simple violence as it would be societal protection. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

By the way, if they weren't bitten, I'm very glad. Not that I'd be happier about a stranger pinching my kid, but as least there's less physical risk.
    Go Get 'em Girlfriend! I'd do the same thing! Nobody messes with my kid. Okay, she's 23 and can take care of herself, but I still feel that way.