1131 users online (223 members and 908 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NC - Rebecca Blackmore, 16, charged with stabbing newborn to death, 17 June 2011

I could have sworn there was a thread for this, but i searched the mom's name and also the town and can't come up with anything?????????

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_n...ors?hpt=ju_bn4

A Currituck County teenager is accused of using scissors to stab her infant daughter to death, according to the autopsy report.

Rebecca Blackmore is charged with first degree murder for the death of her baby.

The autopsy examination revealed a term infant who appeared otherwise healthy but had stab and cutting wounds on the chest and neck. External and internal injuries were consistent with the infant being alive at the time of the injuries,

Whoa, this 16 yo is really awful. How could she stab her newborn baby???

Hello, what would have been wrong with taking that healthy baby girl to a Safe Haven???

According to this article, she didn't just cut and stab this innocent baby, she beat her with a blunt object!

http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtkr-autops...,4166075.story

The baby also suffered from "blunt force injuries" to her head, chest and back.

Exactly, fhc....she didn't have to do this...just total wanton unnecessary cruelty...I hope she spends the rest of her life in prison and hears her baby's cries in her mind all day and night...

It's extremely infuriating. Plenty of people would be more than happy to adopt a healthy newborn. That child could have had a happy life.
    Just my opinion

Stories like this pang me for every woman & man who long for nothing more than a baby to love and care for. How a mother can feel no connection to her baby starting in the womb and cause this harm is beyond anything I can begin to understand.

I simply cannot imagine stabbing and hitting your newborn baby. She had to be screaming. How could someone be that cold? I don't care how young she is. We're talking stabbed to death with a pair of scissors. It makes me sick to my stomach to even think about it.

In this area crime is on the rise. I couldn't believe the news tonight on wavy. A young 20's navy guy abused a 10mth old child and the child died. Not is child his gf's.

Three teens arrested and charged with attempted murder. They set a house that was converted into a few apartments on fire. Knowing people would die. That was the point. It was their initiation into a gang.

13 year old shot and died buy a teen playing with a gun.

Last week a man was found burning on fire, dead..he was a felon.

3 shot one dead last month, hotel in willamsburg. Robbery

News stated gun ownership has gone up here...and 3 victims shot a would be perp in the last few months. People are starting to pack and I don't blame them.

Sorry to go ot a bit but with this area to me seems to be having a lot of children being killed by mothers! I think this is like 5 or 6 in the past year! DISGUSTING! I hope they throw the book at her.

The North Carolina medical examiners just released the autopsy for the baby girl and it reveals the gruesome details of her death.

The report says Blackmore confessed to "stabbing the infant with scissors" penetrating the baby's heart and lungs

The infant, according to the autopsy, was born in perfect health with brown hair and blue eyes.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

She couldn't be bothered to wrap her in a blanket and leave her on a doorstep somewhere? Couldn't leave her at a fire station or hospital? Had to stab her with scissors? Lord have Mercy.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

The news report stated the was a volunteer fire dept. within sight of her house.
    Unbelivable.

Selfish, immature and out of touch with reality. Possibly mentally ill. Most of the time these young girls drown their babies or throw them away to die. It takes a real piece of work to beat and stab her tiny, helpless baby. Something is terribly wrong with this girl. It seems like she hated this baby.
    It's times like this when I really hope there is a heaven. Poor little murdered children get no chance to live their lives on earth...I want to believe that they are angels now...happy and feeling no pain.

Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post
    Whoa, this 16 yo is really awful. How could she stab her newborn baby???

Hello, what would have been wrong with taking that healthy baby girl to a Safe Haven???

According to this article, she didn't just cut and stab this innocent baby, she beat her with a blunt object!

The baby also suffered from "blunt force injuries" to her head, chest and back.
    She is F ing nuts. that’s why.
    She needs to be locked up and throw away the key,
    to protect the innocent at large.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

Stories like this make me wonder what in the world has happened to people. It's like Invasion of the Body Snatchers or something.

Incredible, the cruelty and depravity we're seeing these days.

This 16-yr old monster needs to be locked up tight in a secure facility for the rest of her life.
    Last edited by JoeFromLB; 03-23-2012 at 11:50 AM.

Bumping this case back up. I couldnt find anything on google. anyone know what the outcome was?

From everything I could find, it appears she's still awaiting trial. So sad, so little information about the baby. I'd like to know, since the baby girl was born alive, was she ever given a name and a proper burial??

According to police, Rebecca Blackmore gave birth to baby girl last year inside her family’s Knotts Island home.

http://wtkr.com/2012/06/11/nc-teen-f...fant-stabbing/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast